Scooter: who's who

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Isn't John off Dr Teeth duty now, though? I thought that secret squirrel said somthing of it. I could be wrong. My statement was not about taking Teeth out of the hands of John, rather to give it to an appropriate person if John has moved on. Bill would be the best choice. However, I enjoy the idea that Rowlf and Teeth could appear together without dubbing and that there would be more of a difference in the voice.:big_grin: :sympathy:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
If Steve does such a great Link, why aren't they using him more? His presence is sorely missed. Yet they even went out of their way to introduce an "imitation" Link character for Bay of Pigswatch, so that no one would have to do the voice. (Not "imitation" as in voice, but as in "same basic character, different name.")
Exactly !
Even after The Muppet Show Link still carried on to The Jim Henson Hour!

They should definetely bring him back!

What was the Newsman like at MuppetFest, I wish i could hear the voice.

And if it was good, I dont get why they didnt make a Newsman Sketch in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, If it can be done and its fun then WHY NOT!?

thanks

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

John is still doing Dr. Teeth, But he isnt assigned to him as 'his' character, If they need him they will call him in.

If they can get away without him, They will.

see ya

WiGgY

Reaction score
About the News Man. Maybe there just wasn't room for it. They did very little on stage. Maybe on a new show the news man will get some time, especially if Brian stays on to do Scooter.

About Link. Maybe Steve wasn't ready to do link on MT? I definatly would have like Bay of Pigs better if Link were in it. but instead they went with a bad pun.

About Dr. Teeth. Didn't John do Dr. Teeth in AVMMC? I guess if Eric hadn't started with the company, John would have stayed on to do Fozzie, and thus also do Dr. teeth, but with Eric doing a GREAT Fozzie, John must not have as much work to do with the muppets. It would be nice if John had Dr. Teeth and Rowlf, though Bill can appaarently do Rowlf when he has a script.

About Kermit. I'd like to hear John's Kermit. I think all the puppetters have their own Kermit voice. I know Dave has one thats similar to Steve's a bit. For the people that worked with Jim, it's like doing an impression of you're boss. Everyone does that. lol :big_grin:

About time I finished this post. :big_grin:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Wig,

Yeah i think probably most of the Henson Puppeteers have done a Kermit impersonation.

see ya

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Dr. Teeth didn't talk in the version of the special I saw. :sympathy:

If Teeth is considered a "hire out" instead part of the core group, then I would rather a core performer like Bill voice him just because it would mean we'd see him more often. I think John does a great job.

WiGgY

Reaction score
He was in the back and was cut out along with the rest of the EM scene. Somewhere there is footage though. Hopefully it will be on the DVD, or maybe it will be released on the web somewhere.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jamie,

Yeah John was performing Dr Teeth in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, All his lines got cut tho !

see ya

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down

If Steve does such a great Link, why aren't they using him more? His presence is sorely missed. Yet they even went out of their way to introduce an "imitation" Link character for Bay of Pigswatch, so that no one would have to do the voice. (Not "imitation" as in voice, but as in "same basic character, different name.")
Then again, how often did you see Link in the first three Muppet movies? They haven't given him anymore than he had then.

Now, if they had a new TV show on now, I could deffenitely see what the problem is. But, the fact still remains that they didn't use him then, so they're not using him now.

It's sad. Let's just hope for a Pigs in Space movie. Then he could be the main character and we'll have our fill of Link for a while.

WiGgY

Reaction score
The problem was that MT was the new TV show in 96 and they just put in an imitation link Like Chilly said. I do agree that Link never had a place in the first 3 movies. I saw in the in theater durring TMM but no where else that I can think of. I would enjoy a Pigs in Space movie eventually. That would be awesome.

Here's my idea. Basically it would be an unofficial sequel to MFS. It opens up with all the muppets doing the new muppet show. Gonzo's alien family is in trouble and sends him a message while he's onstage at the muppet theater via Waldorf while he's in the middle of a heckle. Gonzo's act goes wrong, again, and he gets shot out of the canon into the back stage area. He then Tells Kermit what just happened and says he must get to his family. Kermit replies, "But where would we get a ship and crew?" Bunsen pops up and explains that Muppet Labs has been able to make fantasy a reality by constructing an actual Swine Trek for use in space in order to get more realistic shots for the Pigs In Space segements.

Now because this is an idea in progress and because this isn't a movie script thread, I'll just say it goes on from there. :big_grin:

Now wouldn't something like that be cool?