sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well for the love of Bill!:flirt: he's taken over another thread

Sarah

Bill: a lot
World: not so many

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'm coming in late to this thread and don't feel like reading 3 pages worth of posts, but I'd just like to say I thought Brian captured Scooter magically in VMX and I hope he's able to continue with the character. Same goes for Janice. :wink: :flirt:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
I'm coming in late to this thread and don't feel like reading 3 pages worth of posts, but I'd just like to say I thought Brian captured Scooter magically in VMX and I hope he's able to continue with the character. Same goes for Janice. :wink: :flirt:
Janice too? I didn't think he did a good job with her at all. I think Matt should come in to do Janice, or someone who can do a better Janice.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think Brian is the way to go with Scooter. He captures the voice, the nuances and, most importantly, the heart of Scooter.

Bill's Rowlf gets a B+ from me. It's almost an A, but the laugh is what gives him away. It's the same laugh Bill uses for all of his characters. Should be easy enough to fix. Sure, Rowlf is a bit more playful these days, but I don't mind that. To me, it's just like how Steve's Kermit is a little more "in your face" than Jim's version. I'd say give Teeth to Bill too it he needs a new performer. I want the band back together and Bill is an amazing puppeteer. Probably my favorite these days.

When I first heard Steve's Kermit on the Remembering Jim Henson special, I cried. Partly because it was good to hear him again and because it wasn't quite right. It was a pre-pubescent Kermit. Steve grew into the role rather fast and I was soon singing his praises. Some of my non-fan friends aren't totally sold, but I've also played classic clips that they have mistaken for Steve that were in fact Jim Henson performances.

Just the ol' frogboy's take on the situation. All of the replacement voices get high marks from me. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wonder what Byron thinks of the new Janice voice?

I felt that there was some kind of something about Scooter's voice that wasn't there yet. Seemed much higher pitched than Richard's Scooter-voice.

Brian also did the Muppet Newsman with perfect skill by the tone, the personality, the movement, the way the voice was used, but just not in the right pitch, it was higher pitched. If he'd bring his voice down just a bit, he'd be dead-on I think!!

What I'm VERY interested in seeing, after MF and the Newsman, is to see Brian get into some of his dad's characters more, just deepen his voice some. Wouldn't it be great to see Guy Smiley again? Link? Some others I can't think of because I'm still sleepy...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about his voice, Foz. It's too high-pitched, and Richard's voice fluctuated when he said specific things. It was almost a completely different voice when he was talking about "job offers" in TMTM than when he first introduced himself to Kermit on TMS.

Originally posted by WiGgY
Janice too? I didn't think he did a good job with her at all. I think Matt should come in to do Janice, or someone who can do a better Janice.
I thought his Janice was much better than his Scooter. I think his Janice is just about perfect.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Er, Foz. Link was done really well by Steve at the end of Kermit's Swamp Years.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Er, Foz. Link was done really well by Steve at the end of Kermit's Swamp Years.
Er, Beau. Where was Link in Kermit's Swamp Years?