Scooter: who's who

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think what they do now is have a performer do the lines on the set, and then the normal performer comes in later to do the voice over. In MCT Dave played Rizzo in one scene at the end with Kermit, but they forgot to go in and have Steve redo the lines.

In MFS, they had performers do characters and then have the lines dubbed as well. Thats what they did with Fozzie, Sam, Piggy, and Animal. Frank came in and redid the lines while others performed the characters.

On TMS, I think they used pre-recorded lines live because it wasn't nearly as easy to drop in sound back in the 70's. This made for some weird looking speech.

In TMM with the song Rowlf and Kermit did, I think they just redid all the dialog in a studio as they do all songs.

No matter how it's done, there are many ways to have characters by the same performer interact with each other. Bobo could easily talk to the Chef or Pepe especially with digital recordings.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Just because a performer can do one of a previous Puppeteers voices, It doesnt mean he or she can do the rest.

I highly doubt Jennifer Barnhardt can do Scooter, Placido Flamingo or Sweetums, And i bet she cant do many more of Richards Muppets either.

Bill can do Rowlf, Its quite close. But i bet he cant do Cantus, Convincing John, Kermit etc...

thats all for now.

:smile:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
You are right about that Warrick that there must be 2 things to it, both voice and the perfomance it self so the attitude of the character is right.
But as long as one of the 2 things are there, then it should be just a question about practise so that the 2nd becomes right.
As very one knows practice makes perfect (or some thing like that :smile: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone have any soundfiles of Scooter and Janice in Racemania?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
[B I've read that in "Muppet Classic Theatre," Dave performs Rizzo while Steve is performing Kermit. But that's not possible when they're with Gonzo. They must have an extra puppateer and pre-recorded lines for those scenes or something. [/B]
Actually, Rizzo leaves the balcony where Gonzo is, and goes down on stage where Kermit is. That's why Steve couldn't play Rizzo. Gonzo is no longer in the shot, which is why Dave filled in. If Gonzo and Kermit had both been in the same shot, they would have had someone else play Rizzo. :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I doubt there's second and third puppeteering roles assigned. They likely just pick someone not busy for that shot and say, "Here's Rizzo!"

I thought Bill's Rowlf was dead on, but I've not seen Weezer's video yet. Still, keep in mind Rowlf was always a little sarcastic, but never overdid it. Bill's Rowlf barking off about Pepe when he leaves the scene would be more about the writing than Bill's performance. I definitely didn't hear Bobo in Rowlf at MFest.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Actually Rowlf's talking about Pepe was ad lib. It was totally ad lib I think. That's pretty much what the muppets do when do a making of video like that. That's probably why Bill went on about Pepe and kept slipping into Bobo's voice.

I think with a script, Bill can do a great Rowlf without the slippage. Too bad I didn't go to muppet fest, though. Until Rowlf is given lines in a TV Show or movie I can't nake a real judgment.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well I think we've established who should do Scooter.. This is the natural progression of a discussion.