Scooter: who's who

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think it would be great if bill made his major character rowlf instead of pepe. i mean i like pepe and i think he's funny and brings energy to the muppets, but i like rowlf more and hate it when he doesn't have that much to do....

ryan

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I don't think Rowlf's absence has anything to do with Pepe. All of the performers juggle multiple characters. It has more to do with if the writers decide to use him, or if Bill doesn't feel comfortable in the part yet.

Here's to more :sympathy: !

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well if we can have a whole song of Kermit and Rowlf singing....can't we have a few lines of dialogue between Pepe and Rowlf...or just have them in the same scene?

Sarah

Aaron

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
well if we can have a whole song of Kermit and Rowlf singing....can't we have a few lines of dialogue between Pepe and Rowlf...or just have them in the same scene?

Sarah
amen

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
There was a little bit of dialog between Pepe and the Chef in MFS, and they're both played by Baretta, so yes, they should be able to do that with Pepe and Rowlf too.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Actually, I think Dave played the Chef for his brief scene in MFS. But the general rule still applies: Kermit has sung with Rowlf, as Sarah noted; Piggy and Fozzie exchanged a dialogue in the same film; the Chef has talked to Waldorf before; and in VMMCM, Kermit and Rizzo exchanged a few sentences. And so on.

Excuse me, I think I'm going to go talk to myself for a while. :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Of course, there's always Muppet World's online toons where Kermit & Rizzo frequently exchange lines.

Anyone else notice how the majority of those cartoons are done exclusively with Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well like someone said, it just depends on the writers...they must not have much for Rowlf to say....

Sarah

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I just came to think about the woman that are doing Gladys the cow on Sesame street, Jennifer Barnhardt. Could she be a possible performer for Scooter intead of Brian or Matt.

And by the way I agree with all of those that thinks Bills Rowlf sounds like Bobo, but that he should be given a chance to improve the voice.

SO WRITTERS GIVE ROWLF MORE LINES

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
<<and in VMMCM, Kermit and Rizzo exchanged a few sentences. And so on.>> Actually, Kermit and Rizzo interact with each other a lot. Which is surprising since they have the same performer. There's this scene in MTI when they're camping out while they're trying to rescue Jim. Then they visit Gonzo in the lab on MFS. I've read that in "Muppet Classic Theatre," Dave performs Rizzo while Steve is performing Kermit. But that's not possible when they're with Gonzo. They must have an extra puppateer and pre-recorded lines for those scenes or something.