Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Season 36 Character Questions.

Hi guys, just a reminder that Sesame Street's 36th season starts today on many PBS stations across the country. As always, I'd appreciate any help you (my trusted sources) can provide regarding all the new characters seen throughout the course of the season. As soon as I have some characters to ask about from the various episodes, I'll be sure to post 'em here.
Here's lookin' forward to a good season of Sesame Street for #36.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here we gooooooooo!

Episode 4083:
Casey, think this was a human kid. If so, would need the name of the actress who portrayed her as well as a descript.
Victoria, need the name of the kid who portrayed her as well as a descript.
The Cow that Jumped Over the Moon, need a descript. Is this a different cow/character than Natalie who accomplished the same feat in the classic Sesame Street News Flash sketch?
Bobby, from Monster Exercise Workout Video, need a descript.
Sissy, from Monster Exercise Workout Video, need a descript.
The Letter of the Day Game Show Host, need a descript. Also, was this a new character? Or is it a re-introduced and newly built Guy Smiley?
The Doggie, from Letter of the Day Game Show, or should it not be counted?
The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Itchies.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I can't help you now; you'll have to wait until Wednesday for any of my descripts for new characters. But I can help you with a couple:

BOBBY--a green AM with brown hair, orange nose, blue eyelids, and yellow/blue sleeveless shirt.

SISSY--a lavendar AM with long black hair in a pigtail, eyelids w/lashes, an orange nose, and a dark blue shirt.

There are also two new characters called Bobby and Sissy on the "Happy Healthy Monsters DVD", and here's their descriptions:

BOBBY--a tall orange AM with tan hair and eyebrows, lavendar nose, thin eyelids, blue shirt (with a lt. blue/yellow sleeveless shirt over it), and yellow wristbands.

SISSY--a lavendar AM with a bluenose, black pigtails (with her hair also in thin dreadlocks with beads), and a red/hot pink tracksuit.

P.S.: Which episode aired today? Was it the one where Telly learns to play catch? I posted a list of episode descriptions on the SS forum, and I wanted to see if the numbers matched up to the description.

Also, shouldn't this belong in the SS forums? It might help if it were moved since people commenting on the shows can come here afterward to help you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal. A few things to take care of.
1 The "new" Bobby and Sissy from the DVD, are they from an updated version of Grover's workout video segment?
2 Who was the character that was talking to Antonio about playing baseball? Was that the new Joey Mazzarino voiced Herry Monster?
3 Today's episode, 4083, was indeed the one where Telly Learns to Catch a Ball.
4 Isn't the Classic SS section of the forums part of the SS section of the forum? Or are you suggesting to ask Phillip to move this thread to the Sesame Street forum under the Sesame Workshop section of the forums? Figured twas better to put it here cause this is the casual meeting place for everything related with SS and the characters and such, while the Sesame Street section is more for threads related with the production and stuff like that.
Please LMK ASAP and I'll ask if Phillip can make the move, should it prove prudent to do so.

BTW: Don't worry about gettin' back till Wednesday with new characters, that's OK by me so long as we get 'em all sorted out eventually.
BTW2: How far back does your episode collection go MuppetDude? Reason why is cause I got some episode-specific questions after going through the list that SesameStreetGuy has put together.
Hope to hear from you soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1. The "new" Bobby and Sissy from the DVD, are they from an updated version of Grover's workout video segment?
I'd say so, but both duos are definitely different. The DVD is a takeoff of the sketch, but stretched out to fill the time for a video.

2 Who was the character that was talking to Antonio about playing baseball? Was that the new Joey Mazzarino voiced Herry Monster?

I haven's seen the show yet. (I have to wait until I get home from college, which isn't until 4:00! I'm going nuts trying to not think about it so much, but then I heard SSetta mention that a first-season song was re-made...Mmm, first-season song. *Does classic Homer Simpson-drool sound*

3 Today's episode, 4083, was indeed the one where Telly Learns to Catch a Ball.
So that's proof that the SS guide I posted isn't a joke! :smile:

4. Isn't the Classic SS section of the forums part of the SS section of the forum? Or are you suggesting to ask Phillip to move this thread to the Sesame Street forum under the Sesame Workshop section of the forums? Figured twas better to put it here cause this is the casual meeting place for everything related with SS and the characters and such, while the Sesame Street section is more for threads related with the production and stuff like that.
It may be more casual, but I'm betting that more people who are watching the new season may come to this thread for further interest, and it may be better to put it somewhere where fans may get to it faster, rather than go to another forum.

BTW2: How far back does your episode collection go MuppetDude? Reason why is cause I got some episode-specific questions after going through the list that SesameStreetGuy has put together.

My collection is okay, but nothing like Boober_Gorg's, Mikealan's, or SSetta's. :big_grin: I do have all of the episodes from the past two seasons of SS (going on three this year). I am also currently in a trade with Mikealan and will hopefully get over 50 shows from him. (Though it will take a long time; he has to learn how to burn stuff onto DVD). I'm also in a trade with Muppetlord, so I may be able to help you with some MT characters.

PS: As for the Cow Jumping Over the Moon, I'd count her as the same one as Natalie. Though they may switch cow puppets, or puppeteers, it's still the same basic character.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:

I haven's seen the show yet. (I have to wait until I get home from college, which isn't until 4:00! I'm going nuts trying to not think about it so much, but then I heard SSetta mention that a first-season song was re-made...Mmm, first-season song. *Does classic Homer Simpson-drool sound*

I didn't see that ep, except for Global Grover. It will probably be repeated tomorrow afternoon. To be honest, I didn't know Joey Mazzarino was voicing Herry now. I knew Jerry Nelson was semi-retired, but I thought he'd still work on Sesame Street.

Also, as for the first season song, you might be referring to the number song from the baker falling down the stairs sketch. I've noticed they did that one after Global Grover. The song was much shorter then they showed a girl count four of something. It wasn't really that great. I wish they would have just did the original baker sketches. After all, they got one in last season.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I didn't see that ep, except for Global Grover. It will probably be repeated tomorrow afternoon. To be honest, I didn't know Joey Mazzarino was voicing Herry now.
I don't know if Herry's played by Joey or not, but with Eric, Matt (Vogel), David (Rudman), and Jen (Barnhart) playing classic characters, Herry might come as another "comeback" character.

I'll have to see the song to find out whether or not it was a good idea to remake it, but hey, as long as they bring back any classic clip references is okay by me. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to have confused you guys, someone in the Season 36 Thoughts thread said it was Papa Bear in that bit and not Herry.

Now then, Episode 4084: The Banana in the Stone.
The Medieval Townsfolk, these were the characters that appeared at the beginning of the story who were sad because they didn't have a king or a queen.
Strong Bob, suspect this was Bob himself.
The Two Singers, Gabi and Miles.
The Young Bear.
The Young Bear's Baby Sister.

Hope to hear from you guys soon regarding these and the ones still left from 4083 soon. Have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's some help for show #4083:

Casey--I believe she had long black hair.

Victoria--an African-American girl. I think she had pigtails.

The Cow that Jumped Over the Moon--as I said before, I'd count any cow in this role as the character, but only the black-and-white ones. For the past two years they used two cows: the Natalie puppet for the actual jumping and landing (since she's the only cow puppet they have with legs) and the Cathlene puppet for any lines. They've used the Natalie puppet a few times for the same role, so even though they use two puppets, it's the same character, but the puppets are interchangeable.

The Letter of the Day Game Show Host, need a descript. Also, was this a new character? Or is it a re-introduced and newly built Guy Smiley?--actually, he was never seen; only his voice was heard. But whoever it was does a great Guy Smiley impersonation.

The Doggie--he probably shouldn't be listed under the "Letter of the Day" segment, but he is a Muppet dachshund. In another clip (where Clementine sings about the word important) the dog's name is Hortense.

The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Itchies--four grouches.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal. Will add Casey, Victoria, Hortense, and the Itchies.
BTW: What's the SS airtimes for your affiliate?