Season 36 Character Questions

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I saw the episode, and I can see where some food can be added to the list:

The Pineapple--probably shouldn't be added; they could've added any fruit to the script, so he's not very important enough to add to the list. Nice appearance by Peter Linz, though: "Wanna go to a movie?!"

Mr. Healthy Food--a lavendar live-hand AM with thin blue eyelids, orange nose, brown hair and eyebrows, an upper row of teeth, and wore a fruit-print jacket, a carrot-shaped necktie, and a green hat with fruit on it. He held a microphone coming out of a banana peel. (Also, the Mice from the episode are the same ones used last year.)

The Tomato, Potato, Lettuce, and Beet--probably shouldn't be counted, since they pop up in other episodes.

The Broccoli, Apple, Cheese, and Bread, all from the new Global Grover France segment--These are an exception, since they've all got a personality; the broccoli had no eyelashes, and neither did the apple. The (Swiss) cheese had rectangular sides, with a triangular top and bottom, with ovalish eyes near its "point". The bread was sort of hot-dog shaped, with a brown mouth and small round eyes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, beat me to the punch. Or should that be fruit punch? Aaaaah.
Statler: Leave the jokes to the bear.

Anyway, thanks Phillip for moving the thread.

And from Episode 4086: The World's Greatest Birdseed Cookies...
Elmo's World: The Farm Animals.
The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Piles of Trash.

Will keep everything updated so far. As for the excess veggies from 4085, won't add them now but might keep them in mind. We'll see what happens at the end of the season and where we stand then.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Before I forget... Was the bit with Queen Quagmire an animated bit? Or were they real Muppet characters? Or were they at least stop-animation characters?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And from 4087: As the Porridge Cooled.
The Wizard.
The Cricket, appeared during Global Grover England.
The Singing Vegetables, these showed up at the end of the adventure in the Wizard's Magical Garden, should they be added?
The Cabbage, appeared at the end of the adventure in the Wizard's Magical Garden, should it be added?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Elmo's World: The Farm Animals--These would be Old McDonald's animals, including a cow (the Cathlene puppet), goat (with grouch eyes), rooster, horse (brown Fred puppet), chickens, and various fruits and vegetables.

The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Piles of Trash--the same kind of puppets used for JHH and TAOEIG, but with a bit more colorful trash on them.

The "Queen Quagmire" segment was a cartoon with the Muppeteers providing voices.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal, that brings up to an even 3400 entries for the list so far.
Got a list of characters, not from Season 36, I was wondering if you could help in identifying.
Would appreciate what, if any, info you should have on the following characters to add them to the list. LMK if you need the specific episode numbers in which they appear.
Granny Grouch.
Olivia's Grandmother, name of actress who portrayed her.
Cousin Abigail Snuffleupagus.
Miss Blechman, name of actress who portrayed her if human.
The Heartstrongs, names of actors who portrayed them if human.
David, Elmo's doll.
Barkley the Cow.
Dan the Clarinet Player, name of actor who portrayed him if human.
Forrest Wimbledon, name of actor who portrayed him if human.
Ernest, Oscar's Brother.
Tatyana, name of actress who portrayed her if human.
The Toothpaste Fairy, name of actor/actress who portrayed it if human.
Mr. Quincy, is this the same character as Mr. Quimby?
If these are two different characters, plese explain how they differ from each other.
The Worm Scouts.
Characters from the story of Grouchelot.
Pineapple Dentist, name of actor who portrayed him if human.
The Sax-Playing Fox, what is this character's real name?
María's Friend, what's this character's name and actor/actress who portrayed it.
Mother Goose, name of actress who portrayed her if human.
Triangle Guy.
Prunella the Grouch, name of actress who portrayed her if human.
Super Worm.
Yankee Doodle.
Yankee Doodle's Horse.
Pirate Edna, name of actress who portrayed her if human.
Jack, who is this character?
Yes Man, or is it Yes-Man.
Telly Bear.
Hope to hear from you, my trusted sources, soon and have a good weekend.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I do remember a bunch of these characters:

Granny Grouch--from show #131: looks like Oscar in a pillbox hat, yellow dress, glasses, and lavendar gloves (actually the body of the lavendar live-hand AM is used for her body). Played by Jerry Nelson.

Cousin Abigail Snuffleupagus--from #1800; she looks like Snuffy, but has a flower behind her "ear", and a flower lei around her neck.

The Heartstrongs--they were played by Roscoe Orman, Loretta Long (husband and wife), Northern Calloway (their son), and Chet O'Brian (neighbor, or uncle). I'll have to see the clip again to figure out their names. They were a family in a series (or at least one) of soap-opera episodes.

David, Elmo's doll--a furry orange doll with a lavendar nose and rainbow-striped body.

Barkley the Cow--there are certain characters that I don't think should be on the list; if someone is pretending to be them (and it's obvious), it's not really a "character", but someone like superheroes are different. It's kind of hard to explain, but I hope that you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Forrest Wimbledon--I think he's actually a guest star.

Tatyana--this is the same actress who would later be on "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" and recording actress, Tatyana M. Ali.

The Toothpaste Fairy--a fat blue live-hand AM dressed as a "greaser" with wings and wand. He's got a black pompador, leather jacket, lavendar eyelids, and orange nose.

Mr. Quincy, is this the same character as Mr. Quimby?--I remember pretty well that the name is Mr. Quincy, not Quimby.

The Sax-Playing Fox--appears in a street segment where Telly explains the letter "X", where a tux-wearing fox comes in and wants to play the saxophone. He's a Muppet fox (very simple design) with small round eyes and small teeth.

Triangle Guy--Ah, one of my favorite episodes. This is Telly in a blue (towel) cape and triangle-shaped silver glasses. I don't know if he should be counted, but in the episode, a penguin takes Telly's outfit, and Telly decides whether or not he should hit him. (The fantasy sequence for this is hilarious; he imagines punching the penguin, who is layed in a gurney by two doctors, and Telly is put in court, ruled by the Count. The (penguin) jury find him guilty, and the Count sentences him to a number of years in prison, but can't decide how many; he keeps adding numbers!)

Yankee Doodle--from what I remember this is a green AM dressed in colonial wear (tri-corner hat, etc.)

Yankee Doodle's Horse--the yellow horse with gray mane.

Telly Bear--probably shouldn't be counted; he's Telly with bear ears, snout, and paws. He disguises as a bear to play with Baby Bear's cousin (who's afraid of monsters).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
If Triangle Guy was a superhero persona of Telly's, then I'd include it.
Regarding Barkley the Cow, I have no info on what/who this is and that's why I asked. But if this is merely Barkley in a silly cow disguise then I'd agree to leave it and Telly Bear off the list for now. Guess I'd have to get the episodes to make a final ruling though.
Telly Bear, was this from the episode with Oliver, Baby Bear's cousin? Or was it some other cousin of Baby Bear's?
Anyway, like I said above, will leave it off for now.
As for the Heartstrongs, I'll wait for more info when you can provide it.
Will make some additions now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: The descript you posted for the Toothpaste Fairy sounds very much like the one you gave me for the Tooth Fairy. Are they two distinctly different characters? Should there be two entries, one for each of these characters? Or are the same character?
Hope to hear from you soon and have a good weekend.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Strong Bob--Bob with what looks like a short brown Beatles-style haircut, and tan short-sleeved shirt, brown vest and pants. He also wore a "fake muscle" shirt, complete with exposed chest.
[\QUOTE]

Poor Bob. First he's Trianglebob Trianglepants. Now this. How much do they pay him to do this stuff? Lol.