Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, another episode and another group of characters to ask about.

From Episode 4088: Snuffy-Cloud in the Sky.
Fairy Balloon Person, and the name of the human actor who portrayed him.
Action Elephant.
Mike? This was the guy who the Count called to when he wanted the music to start for the song whereby they'd find out the Number of the Day.
Hope to hear from you guys on these and the characters from Episode 4087 soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
BTW: The descript you posted for the Toothpaste Fairy sounds very much like the one you gave me for the Tooth Fairy. Are they two distinctly different characters? Should there be two entries, one for each of these characters? Or are the same character?
Hope to hear from you soon and have a good weekend.
Oops. I got the two confused. I don't think I remember the Toothpaste Fairy.

The Fairy Balloon Person is played by Richard Kind, but I haven't seen the show yet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, will wait then. BTW: Have you seen 4087 yet? BTW2: Got some names of human cast characters and the episodes they appeared in, if I were to post them could you help with the actors' names? Or should I just try to get the episodes for myself?
Hope to hear from you soon.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, guys, rully need your help before we start falling behind.

If anyone can help with descripts of the characters from 4087 and 4088, pleeeease come in and do your best.
And the group from 4089: American Fruitstand.
Gail, human kid, if possible name of actress who portrayed her.
Amanda, human kid, if possible the name of the actress who portrayed her.
The Delivery Woman, who brings in the boxes of all the food for Hooper's Store.
Doug Clark, host of American Fruitstand.
The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Terrible Three-Sided Triangles.
Also need help with the background characters from the last song about broccoli from the American Fruitstand street story, and the background characters who showed up during the song "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food".
Also, the guest who showed up during Elmo's World: Singing was denoted as the Opera Singer. Is this a completely different character than Diva D'Abbruzzio? Would appreciate all the help I could get on these to add them to the list.
Thanks and hope to hear from my trusted sources soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't helped you much this week; I've got a 5-page essay due and I've been doing work on it.

Here's as many descriptions as I can shell out:

The Wizard--played by Alan Muroaka, in a long white beard and moustache, greenish robe, and pointed (and tilted) brown hat. His magic wand is a flat sunflower.

The Cricket--the same puppet used for Gus Hopper.

The Singing Vegetables--since they are owned by the Wizard, I'd count them. They include a yam, corn, broccoli, beet, and carrot. (There may have been a few others.)

The Cabbage--a cabbage wearing a jacket and driver's cap, holding a steering wheel. Maybe you should call him the "Taxi Cabbage". (Wocka-wocka! :embarrassed: )

Fairy Balloon Person--Richard Kind in a purple suit, top hat (with plastic balloons on the top), and white balloons on his shoulders.

Action Elephant--the Muppet Elephant (no costume). I'm not sure you know this yet, but by last year the Elephant was made into a full-body puppet, performed by Joey Mazzarino.

Mike--I'll have to recheck the episode again.

Diva D'Abruzzo is the Opera Singer; it's just that Elmo refers to her by name at the end of the segment.

I seen a picture of Hoots's song, and I seen an apple and a banana. (But I'll have to see the segment to figure out whether or not they should be added.)

P.S.: Where's everybody else? :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aahh, that's good. Thanks pal, will wait till you get a chance to watch for Mike if that's the guy's name in 4088 during the Number of the Day song. Will also wait for the characters from 4089.
As to where everyone else is... maybe they got sucked down the drain at the end of Ernie's bath?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW... What's your take on the following from 4087.
The Three Chicken Bears, The Three Pig Bears, Papa Dog and Mama Horse? My instinct is that since these are the Three Bears turned into other animals they shouldn't be added, but it's always good to get a second opinion.
Good luck with your work, got some stuff to take care here also.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Gail, human kid, if possible name of actress who portrayed her.
Amanda, human kid, if possible the name of the actress who portrayed her.

Is it a good idea to add kids on the street? There's literally been hundreds of them, and though I can see why John-John, Joey, and Shala are on the list, I'm not sure if kids that put in one-time appearances should be counted.

The Delivery Woman--not sure if she should be counted; she's a bit obscure.

Duck Clark--the blue mallard puppet with black hair (with sideburns) and a gray suit. His microphone is the same mike/banana as Mr. Healty Food's.

The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Terrible Triangles--one was red with angry blue eyelids and lashes and small orange nose. Another was pink with angry pink eyelids/fuzzy lashes. Another was yellow with angry red eyelids.

Also need help with the background characters from the last song about broccoli from the American Fruitstand street story, and the background characters who showed up during the song "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food".

I've got good news; according to a news article, Rosemarie Truglio (VP or research and education) said that fruits and veggies are "new characters".

The broccoli number included three string beans, a lettuce, a cabbage, and (I think) a yam and potato.

In Hoots's number, they were a banana, apple, pineapple, and fig.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thanks pal. Still need Mike from the song of the Number of the Day to finish off Episode 4088.

And here's the list from Episode 4090: Cookie Moon.
There was the bit in the street story where Cookie asks Slimey to get him to the moon, and Slimey calls WASA. Who was it showed up with a small worm rocket for Cookie Monster? How should they be added to the list?
The Cheese from the Chasing the Cheese segment.
Who hosted the Chasing the Cheese segment? Was it a "Chris Vermen Muppet"?
The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Wicked Wingtips.

Will address some concerns in the next post, just hope to get help in adding these guys from the new episodes to the list.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Oops, forgot about Mike!

He was either:

a) a yellow AM with a slim pink nose, sleepy eyes, and white hair, wearing a tux.

or

b) an orange AM with pear-shaped pink nose, green eyelids, and white hair, wearing a tux.

I haven't seen today's show yet.