1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Season 36 Character Questions

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by The Count, Apr 4, 2005.

1. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Haven't seen the show yet, but the Camel is most likely the same one used as Sydney (it depends on the voice)--that and SS only has one camel puppet. The cake is probably the same one from EW decorated to look like a grouch cake.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, that's what I thought about the cake. But will wait till you've seen the episode anyway and can come and post.

As for the camel... Sidney's voice is with a lowbrow tone... The one from this episode had more of an upper crust or Thurston Howell III voice. But I'll let you judge for yourself and LMK after you've had a chance to see the episode itself.
  3. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The Furry Godmother--an off-white poodle in a pink dress, "ear-ribbons", and tiara; her wand looked like a dog bone.

Fluffy, Mr. Johnson's cat--once again a new puppet; a small orange kitten with darker orange stripes, green eyelids, and a blue collar.

The Tiger--Butch.
    The Camel--same one used for Sydney, but a different personality (and performed by someone else).

The grouch cake was actually a prop of a grouch cake made some time ago; I think it was originally made to look like it was hamburger, slime, etc., in different layers with white frosting all over. It had a red nose and angry eyebrows.
  4. The Count

OK... Fluffy was an orange kitten with red stripes? Hexactly why I thought it was a tabby, explaining why Grover got it confused with a tiger.
    Should the Camel be added then?
  5. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Hmm, hard to tell. Maybe you could add "The Camel" or "The Tiger", etc. for characters who show up many times, but with different performers. Ones with distinct personalities (like the "Rude Mouse") could be labeled. I'm not sure.
  6. The Count

And here are the newest names... From 4103 Telly and Baby Bear's Story.

The Magical Triangular Bowl of Porridge, voiced by Kevin Clash.
    The Royal Rimshot, not sure if this was the one voiced by Joey Mazzarino.
    The Royal Chef (Telly).
    The King of Dum-Diddly-Dum-Diddly-Dum-Diddly-Doo (Baby Bear).
    That's all I think unless I missed someone.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
  7. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The Magical Triangular Bowl of Porridge, voiced by Kevin Clash--a gold bowl only seen from one side (and one of the points pointed down). It had a rim decorated with triangular diamonds, and looked sort of like a cup. It had sleepy blue eyelids and magenta lips (pulled on a wire).

The Royal Rimshot, not sure if this was the one voiced by Joey Mazzarino.--Yes, but he was also called the Royal (Mouth) Wiper, so I'm not sure as to what he should be called (maybe "The Royal Aid" or "Royal Helper"?) He was a green AM with pink eyelids, yellow nose, and black page-boy hair. He wore a yellow hat with feather, and a yellow tunic.

The Royal Chef (Telly).--He wore a chef's at atop what looked like a light tan pilot's cap (w/earflaps) and white apron.

The King of Dum-Diddly-Dum-Diddly-Dum-Diddly-Doo (Baby Bear).--he wore a crown, red cape and garments (looked like they recycled the stuff he wore from "Banana in the Stone").

There were also three AM townspeople who sang during this episode. They could be called "The Singing Townspeople".
  8. The Count

OK... Didn't ask about the AM's who sang, since because of my blind batty eyes I thought they were reusing the Medieval Townsfolk from the Banana in the Stone from earlier in the season.
    And I forgot to ask about the Royal Wiper. Thought he and the Royal Rimshot were two different characters. Will ponder this and see if I have any suggestions later, gotta get dressed to go to classes.
    Thanks and will talk with you guys later.
  9. The Count

Well... Since the "Royal Rimshot" appelation was for just that one instance that Telly quipped: "And don't call me Shirley"...
    And Baby Bear kept calling him "Royal Wiper", I'm more inclined to go with that one... But do you think it'd be best as "Royal Helper"? Or "Royal Mouth Wiper"?
    Having trouble fitting the king, is it "Dum-Diddly-Dum-Diddly-Dum-Diddly-Doo"?
    Hope to hear from you guys soon.

BTW: Didn't get to see 4104 today, cable was out. Will have to wait till repeats.
  10. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I'd go with "Royal Helper". And the name of the kingdom is correct.

I'll try and let you know of any new characters after I see the show.
  11. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Here's the list from "Grouch Apprentice":

Donald Grump--previously described in another thread.

Omagrossa--a brown grouch with brown eyebrows and frizzy gray hair and black business suit.

Swampy--a tan frizzy-furred grouch with brown eyebrows and black business suit.

The Wigless Singer--appears in the "Letter of the Day Game Show--'W'". She's dressed just like Diva D'Abruzzo, but is made from the fat blue live-hand AM and with a slim orange nose and lavendar eyelids.
  12. The Count

OK, thanks. Omagrossa huh? That already made me laugh.
    For someone whose name means "amarous" (Amarossa) she was sure a hateful personality.

And now that this episode aired, that brings me to a question I've had... So Donald Grump was shown in a press article hyping the season before it started, and here was the episode featuring said character. Did 4101 feature the Donald Trump Muppet also seen in that photo with Donald Grump way back when? Should he be counted? Or was he just something the workshop made for that photo? Or will he show up in some other episode?
    Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.
  13. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

The DT Muppet never appeared on the show, but should be counted since there is proof that the character existed (a photo of him).
  14. The Count

OK, will do. Couple of more quick questions though.

What was the full name/title of the story Baby Bear and Telly co-authored in 4103?

Already shrunk the list down to a size of 10 due to space limitations. If I shrink it down to either 8 or 9 in font size, would it still be legible/readable for the rest of you guys?
  15. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I'll have to recheck the title.

What would a size 8 or 9 look like here? Could you please give us a "test" font?
  16. The Count

Never mind... Posted something in 8 in FR Character Questions and something in 9 in the Dorms. But I got "sandceryf 10 pt" both times.
    So, I'll just shrink it to 8 and everything will fit fine.
  17. The Count

OK... Only new character to ask about from 4105 Super Chicken Comes to SS...
    Super Chicken's Delivery Person, who brings the giant roll of packing tape for the Mail-It-Shop.
    And is this the same Super Chicken from last season, Episode 4071 where Super Grover sets up a superhero school?

BTW: MuppetDude, if you loved the reference to Rainbow Connection in Elmo's World: Skin from 4096... I'm curious what your reaction will be to 4105's lone highlight, Oscar's version of Bein' Green.
  18. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I haven't seen the show yet, but I'll keep an ear out for "Bein' Green". (If the Frog can't do it, why not the Grouch?)

Super Chicken is most likely the same puppet used last year.
  19. The Count

OK, still need help with 4105. Wondering if Alpha Boy's Father and/or Neighbor Nora should be added. Wondering about the backup grouches for Oscar's song. Also wondering about the animals that showed up at Elmo's World: Birds.

From 4106: Bob's Deaf Niece.
    Samera, Bob's Niece. Not sure if that's spelled correctly.
    Need actress's name, if available though since it's not a 5 or 0 ending numbered episode, I doubt I'd get it.
    ATG: Trash Gordon's Double.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon.
  20. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

OK, still need help with 4105. Wondering if Alpha Boy's Father and/or Neighbor Nora should be added.

No; though AlphaBoy puts in an appearance on the Street once, the other characters were only seen in films.

Wondering about the backup grouches for Oscar's song.

The're originally from the "Grouchland" movie.

Also wondering about the animals that showed up at Elmo's World: Birds.

Aside from the Robin, they're all birds previously seen on the Street: a chicken, turkey, pigeon, bluejay, swan, Athena the Owl, the white duck, a rooster, a penguin, the Grouch Parrot, a small pink bird, and many others.

Samera, Bob's Niece. Not sure if that's spelled correctly.
    She's a dark skinned girl with long black hair, glasses, a red kerchief holding her hair back, gold earrings, a purple shirt, and (I think) black pants.

Need actress's name, if available though since it's not a 5 or 0 ending numbered episode, I doubt I'd get it.

Actually, since season 34, all of the episodes have credits, but I don't think the cast list ever changes.

ATG: Trash Gordon's Double.

I think he was identical to TG.

And the Packaging Tape Delivery Man was an orange live-hand AM with a dark fuchsia oval nose, blue sleepy eyelids, light tan hair, and a blue jacket and hat.