Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... We could always go with "The Rude Mouse".
Then again, gonna see if I get my check on Friday and talk with Boober_Gorg about getting some SS episodes I have questions regarding certain characters from those episodes.
Also have the episode numbers of some human characters, not sure if you'd have them in order to look up their actors in the credits should they appear. Just hope you have a good and dry day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
A correction on the grouch magician; according to Xerus, it could be "Blecchini".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few questions from 4087: As the Porridge Cooled.

1 Was the Cinderella that appeared towards the beginning of the episode the same one from last season, Episode 4061?
2 What are your feelings towards the following joining the list:
The Three Bear Chickens.
Papa Dog or Papa Bear Dog.
Mama Horse or Mama Bear Horse.
The Three Bear Pigs.
3 What about the fish that appeared at the end of the Spanish Word of the Day? Should it be added?
Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1 Was the Cinderella that appeared towards the beginning of the episode the same one from last season, Episode 4061?
I think it was slightly different, but so far there have been four Cinderellas on your list.

2 What are your feelings towards the following joining the list:
The Three Bear Chickens.
Papa Dog or Papa Bear Dog.
Mama Horse or Mama Bear Horse.
The Three Bear Pigs.

They probably shouldn't be listed. It's the same characters as the Three Bears, just as different animals. It's like the "disguise" thing I told you about earlier.

3 What about the fish that appeared at the end of the Spanish Word of the Day? Should it be added?
I think he's a bit too obscure. They could've used any fish for that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Kinda felt that way myself since they are the 3 Bears after all. Won't add these just yet. Still finessing other loose threads for the list. Also, not sure what you've got against the "obscure" factor since a large chunk of characters on the list could be classified as obscures, much of the SS ones provided by you yourself in our conversations here on the boards.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all your help in what we've gotten so far and what we might get in the near future. Just sayin' that the obscures have their place on the list since we want it to be as complete and accurate as possible.
Hope you understand and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... From today's Season 34 repeat, the episode where Super Grover needs a new cape, not sure of the episode number.

1 Who's Nicole?
2 Who's Jessica (Thanked by SG at the end of the street story when he has his new cape).
3 Would appreciate a descript of Super Grouch, might be helpful for a possible future custom.
Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Also, not sure what you've got against the "obscure" factor since a large chunk of characters on the list could be classified as obscures, much of the SS ones provided by you yourself in our conversations here on the boards.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all your help in what we've gotten so far and what we might get in the near future. Just sayin' that the obscures have their place on the list since we want it to be as complete and accurate as possible.

Well, there are some characters that seem a bit too obscure to me. If they bump into another character and leave, with no personality at all, then they probably shouldn't be counted. These are characters like the aforementioned "AMs Waiting for a Bus" example I used. These are just random characters put into a scene.

Other characters just don't have much personality at all, and are reused on a lot of other occasions. (Like the "Global Grover" fish; how can we tell him apart from one swimming in an aquarium, or in a lake?) One example that is different from this is the Muppet Foods, which have benn announced as this season as "new characters", so they could be listed.

But there are some characters that are obscure, but have unique personalities (like the Rude Mouse; I've rethought about him and he could be added since he does have a bit of an unusual personality, and he's given glasses.)

As for the kids, I think Nicole and Jessica both had light skin, but that's all I remember.

I believe that "Super Grouch" wore a broken collander on his head, and wore SG's cape.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here we go again... Welcome back to the SS Season 36 Character Questions. Thought it fair to start up since we got Episode 4093 today.

Here's the list of the characters I'd appreciate your help with.

Mrs. Goose, (name of human actress who portrayed her).
Jack.
Jill.
Hansel.
Gretel.
Was the character of Little Red Riding Hood the same one already listed? Or was it a new character, and if so should it be listed?
Was the character called Peter Piper the same one seen in a previous SS News Flash? Or was this one from the Storybook Community School a different character, and if so should he be listed?
Rozalyn Snuffleupagus: Showed up during Snuffy's E-mail to Elmo in Elmo's World: School. Not sure how the name's spelled though.
Elmo's World: The School.

And should the penguins that showed up during the Trash Gordon ending be added as "The Hungry Penguins"?

Hope to hear from you guys soon and enjoy all the new SS episodes.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I've noticed "First Day of School" aired today. I didn't think the new eps would start until tomorrow since today was a holiday and some people have mentioned that they won't get the new eps until Tuesday.

As for the story book characters, I don't remember too many of them. Hansel sounded like he was voiced by Richard Hunt, but since he's no longer with us, it could have been David Rudman. But since he was in the same scene with Baby Bear, I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure Mrs. Goose was played by Shirley Jones. She appeared in the "Happy and Healthy" promo as herself and usually the actor who appears there makes an appearance on the show either playing himself/herself or another character.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
JACK--a green AM with brown hair, lavendar nose, and blue eyelids. He's different than all of the previous "Jacks" used on the show, but this could be settled simply that this particular jack was in all of the stories.

JILL--a lavendar girl with brown pigtails and blue nose.

HANSEL--(He's played by Peter Linz) An orange live-hand AM with a small orange nose, large eyes with lavendar eyelids, blond frizzy hair, and wearing lederhosen.

GRETEL--(Played by fellow "Bear" performer Noel MacNeal) She's made from a new AM made this season: a fuchsia live-hand AM with an oval-shaped head. (She also has a red/pink mouth not commonly used for the live-hand AMs). She's got large eyes, small orange nose, blond braids, and lederhosen.

Was the character of Little Red Riding Hood the same one already listed? Or was it a new character, and if so should it be listed?

Yes, but different than the one from the "News Flash".

Was the character called Peter Piper the same one seen in a previous SS News Flash? Or was this one from the Storybook Community School a different character, and if so should he be listed?

To the best of my knowledge, Peter Piper never appeared before (he was in Portland, pressing pants). This version was blue, with an orange nose, lavendar eyelids, and tan hair. I don't remember the clothes too well.

Rozalyn Snuffleupagus: Showed up during Snuffy's E-mail to Elmo in Elmo's World: School. Not sure how the name's spelled though.

She looks just like Snuffy, but with yellow-orange pigtails tied in blue ribbons.

Elmo's World: The School.

A yellow schoolhouse with a bell on top and whose mouth was the door that opened like a drawbridge. I think his roof was a brownish-red color, and the windowsills had green borders. His eyes had orange shades on them, yet his (moving) pupils were over them.

You may also want to include the school students; random AM kids and two monsters.

And should the penguins that showed up during the Trash Gordon ending be added as "The Hungry Penguins"?

Sure, why not?