Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few things...

1 Guess I got Rozalyn's name spellec correctly then?
2 MuppetDude, on 9/2 you posted in the ML 15.0 thread that Peter Piper showed up in a News Flash segment. Is this correct? Or did he never show up, thus requiring striking said entry?
3 Should the Storybook Community School characters be added/listed individually? Or should they all be placed together under the SCS subgrouping heading?
4 The Hungry Penguins, these are the penguins from Planet Penguin shown last year. Didn't ask about it then cause I thought they were just random SS penguins. But if they could be called "The Hungry Penguins", cause that's what Oscar says at the end of the segment, then should they indeed be added?

From 4094: Telly Learns the Grouchketeer Cheer.
Ralph Crammedhon, not sure if his last name's correctly spelled. Please correct if it's wrong.
This was another spoof files character, who drove the bus that took everybody to the park for the Grouch Field Day.
ATG: Planet Scram. There were these grouches that showed up shouting and yelling when TG landed on Planet Scram. Should they be added? If so, how:
As "The Planet Scram Grouches"?
As "The Grouches from Planet Scram"?
Hope to hear from you soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1 Guess I got Rozalyn's name spellec correctly then?
The only way I've heard it spelled is "Rosalind". I'll try to check the captioning for the episode.

2 MuppetDude, on 9/2 you posted in the ML 15.0 thread that Peter Piper showed up in a News Flash segment. Is this correct? Or did he never show up, thus requiring striking said entry?
That's a mistake; I referred to the Pied Piper.

3 Should the Storybook Community School characters be added/listed individually? Or should they all be placed together under the SCS subgrouping heading?
I'd wait until the episode where Goldilocks barges in on other fairy tale and nursery rhyme characters.

4 The Hungry Penguins, these are the penguins from Planet Penguin shown last year. Didn't ask about it then cause I thought they were just random SS penguins. But if they could be called "The Hungry Penguins", cause that's what Oscar says at the end of the segment, then should they indeed be added?
Sure.

From 4094: Telly Learns the Grouchketeer Cheer.
Ralph Crammedhon, not sure if his last name's correctly spelled. Please correct if it's wrong. This was another spoof files character, who drove the bus that took everybody to the park for the Grouch Field Day.

I haven't seen today's episode yet.

ATG: Planet Scram. There were these grouches that showed up shouting and yelling when TG landed on Planet Scram. Should they be added?

Probably as "The Planet Scram Grouches"?

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I've noticed "First Day of School" aired today. I didn't think the new eps would start until tomorrow since today was a holiday and some people have mentioned that they won't get the new eps until Tuesday.

As for the story book characters, I don't remember too many of them. Hansel sounded like he was voiced by Richard Hunt, but since he's no longer with us, it could have been David Rudman. But since he was in the same scene with Baby Bear, I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure Mrs. Goose was played by Shirley Jones. She appeared in the "Happy and Healthy" promo as herself and usually the actor who appears there makes an appearance on the show either playing himself/herself or another character.

Yes, that was Shirley Jones. It was fun to see her on the show. I don't think she has ever appeared before.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I'm back with 4095's characters to ask about.

4095: Who Wants to Be the Big Bad Wolf?
Where to start with this episode's list...

ATG: Humongous Space Bunnies.
Elmo's World: The Cats.
Elmo's World: Mr. Tiger.
Bert's Imaginary Dinosaur, not sure about this one.
Mrs. Triceratops and Mr. Diplodicus, both from JTE not sure about these either.
Maurice, should be identified as "The Replacement Piggy" or as "The Fourth Little Piggy"?
Little Red Riding Hood, is this the same one as either the one from the classic News Flash segments or the one from 4093 in the Storybook Community School?
Then again, if this is a new character, should she be added?

And that brings me to the other fairy tale characters I have questions about.
The Big Bad Wolf: The current one, from 4095, is the same one from 4082 (Season 35's finale). Should this be identified as a new character and duely added to the list?
I'm asking because in 4087 from Season 36, we saw another Big Bad Wolf, I think the big strong-voiced one voiced by Jerry Nelson and I'm not sure about either adding or separating them into individual entries.
Likewise, there was also a Cinderella character in 4087 from Season 36. Is this the same one from 4061 from Season 35? And are these different characters meritorious of individual entries? Or are these simply the same Cinderella characters as the ones from the classic News Flash or Colambo sketches?
Heh, just don't know about these sometimes.

Oh well, hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
RALPH CRAMMED-ON (or "Ralph Crammedon")--a frizzy gray grouch with baggy eyes and wearing a dingy bus driver's uniform.

The Big Bad Wolf: The current one, from 4095, is the same one from 4082 (Season 35's finale). Should this be identified as a new character and duely added to the list?
I'm asking because in 4087 from Season 36, we saw another Big Bad Wolf, I think the big strong-voiced one voiced by Jerry Nelson and I'm not sure about either adding or separating them into individual entries.

I haven't seen the show yet, but this year a new wolf puppet was made: a gray one with live hands. He appeared in the "As the Porridge Cooled" episode previously mentioned, and it's possible he could become one of Jim Martin's Muppets. The one from 4082 was the same lavendar wolf puppet and character, but was played by Joey Mazzarino (possibly as a way to give him a regular character).

Likewise, there was also a Cinderella character in 4087 from Season 36. Is this the same one from 4061 from Season 35? And are these different characters meritorious of individual entries? Or are these simply the same Cinderella characters as the ones from the classic News Flash or Colambo sketches?

They were slightly different, but had basically the same parts used on the AMS (a key difference was the placement of the nose, but since she's an AM it's nothing to worry about). The one from Colambo is completely different. Her tattered clothes are pretty much the same, but had black hair, sleepy eyelids, and an orange nose; the current one has brownish-blond hair, bluish eyelids, and a pink nose (I think).

Little Red Riding Hood, is this the same one as either the one from the classic News Flash segments or the one from 4093 in the Storybook Community School?

Since they've been using the green AM version a lot for the role lately, it's most likely the same one from the school.

Mrs. Triceratops and Mr. Diplodicus, both from JTE not sure about these either.

Usually on JTE, aside from BB, Ernie, and the Two-Headed Monster (as well as Old McDonald and Telly), the rest of the cast is cartoons.

Maurice, should be identified as "The Replacement Piggy" or as "The Fourth Little Piggy"?

"The Replacement Piggy". Also, from what I've seen, the little pigs' names are Chester, Snooks (both revealed in a segment where Kermit auditions wolves), and Margaret (in the News Flash segment where the Count interrupts everybody).

BONUS: Back in the mid-90s, the names of the Readers of the Open Range were revealed; they're Vern (the only one to tell his name in the original song), Sofie (green AM girl), and Earl (orange AM man).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info MuppetDude.

1 The JTE dinos are out then.
2 Drtooth posted in the Season 36 thoughts thread, writing the grouch bus driver's name as "Krammed-on". Guess I'm trying to ask how it's correctly spelled or writen to add it to the list in a likewise correct manner.
Would "CrammedOn" be OK?
3 If you could check on the spelling of "Rosalind" I'd appreciate it too in order to add her correctly to the list.
Will reread these posts, look forward to your replies as soon as you get a chance.
Oh, and don't forget about the ATG characters like the Planet Scram Grouches (if that's how they should be added) and the Humongous Space Bunnies.
Have a good day, will post after doing some in-house cleaning.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, updating now...

The Readers of the Open Range and Three Little Pigs have been individualized and added. So that gives us a total of 3668 entries so far.
What's left...
Hope to get help regarding the following characters/entries.
1 Fido, Oscar's cat.
2 Adventures of Trash Gordon:
a. Humongous Space Bunnies, from 4095.
b. Planet Scram Grouches, from 4094.
3 Correct spellings of:
a. Ralph "CrammedOn", unless you think it should be added as spelled here.
b. "Rosalind" Snuffleupagus, unless you think she should be added as spelled here.
4 Whether the Storybook Community School characters should be added individually, or as a group under the SCS heading.
Will add Maurice and the Wolf, since these are new distinct characters. Although, should there be some sort of tag added to the entry of The Big Bad Wolf dennoting he's from Season 36? Or should it just be added as is?
Hope to hear from you guys soon, will be back tomorrow.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Before we get started today... Wanted to apologize, if I ask the question over again it's just that I'm trying to get an answer and get the entries properly added.

With that said... From 4096: Mexico On SS.
Jack the Burro.
Grover's Mexican Singers?
These appeared during the song Grover sang at the beginning of the episode when BB and Luis want to bring Mexico to SS and Rosita.
There was this song about counting to 3, not sure if you guys know which one it was or who sang it, since I don't and can't rully say much else other than that.
A few of the lines were: Counting by triple, each 1-2-3 skipple..."

Elmo's World: The Even Animals Have Skin Book, long title but that's what it called itself.
And then there are the animals that I think lept out of the pages of the book. Should they be counted individually as well? If so, what animals were they?

And then there are all the characters still left from 4095, please refer to prior posts, and others I still have questions about like name spelling and alike.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
And I hope you guys have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1 Fido, Oscar's cat.

The Preposterous Puppy puppet with pointy ears instead of its usual floppy ones.

2 Adventures of Trash Gordon:
a. Humongous Space Bunnies, from 4095.

All of them were Benny Rabbit in a Roman helmet; the puppet was duplicated via camera work.

b. Planet Scram Grouches, from 4094.
Four of the newer "Grouchland" grouches.

3 Correct spellings of:
a. Ralph "CrammedOn", unless you think it should be added as spelled here.

I checked the captioning; nothing came up. So I guess this wins by default.

b. "Rosalind" Snuffleupagus, unless you think she should be added as spelled here.
That's how the captioning spells it.

Will add Maurice and the Wolf, since these are new distinct characters. Although, should there be some sort of tag added to the entry of The Big Bad Wolf dennoting he's from Season 36? Or should it just be added as is?

The Wolf puppet used yesterday was the same Big Bad (Lavendar) Wolf puppet; I guess the other one was just a spare puppet for that one episode.

Elmo's World: The Even Animals Have Skin Book, long title but that's what it called itself.
This was a computer-generated book with CG illustrations.

Elmo's World: The Cats.
Elmo's World: Mr. Tiger.

Four smaller cats were seen; Chip and Dip (w/ different eyes, so they're different characters), Rocky, a small tan cat, and Farley's gray kitten.

Mr. Tiger was the tiger puppet used on "Animal Show", with Muppety eyes and orange eyelids. Pretty cool that Eric voiced him, too.

Bert's Imaginary Dinosaur, not sure about this one.

Voice and all, he's the exact same one from EW.

It's the same one used for the past few years.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, some more house cleaning. Thanks MD.

1 The character of Red Riding Hood from 4095, won't add her given your explanation.
2 Bert's Imaginary Dinosaur, if it's the same from EW then I won't add him.
3 EW: Even Animals Have Skin Book, you say it's a CGI book... Should it be added or not?
4 Will add Maurice and the Wolf as are then.

5 Farley's gray kitten? He actually had a gray kitten? Where was it seen? And would it count as a new separate entry from the Cats from EW?
6 Yes, cool that Eric voiced Mr. Tiger. Though started to think it was Jim Martin with his wolfish Pete Puma voice for a moment.

7 That leaves the following to take care of.
a. Jack the Burro, from 4096.
b. Grover's Mexican Singers?, from 4096.
c. In 4095, Grover sang a song about the "zanahoría" or carrot, motioning for someone named Javier to "hit it!"
Was this a new character? Or was it simply some off-screen nameless being?
d. The song about the number 3 in 4096, who sang this song? Was it an animated character or was it a new Muppet character to add to the list?
Sounded like Marty Robinson to me.
Truly hope to hear from you guys when you get a chance. Thanks for all your help.