Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, before I forget...

Rocky the Cat? Who is this, and where was he seen? Should he be added as a separate entry, apart from the rest of the Cats from EW? Or should he be included in with that group entry?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
3 EW: Even Animals Have Skin Book, you say it's a CGI book... Should it be added or not?

He's not a CG puppet, like Waldo C. Graphic, but you also have Hero Guy (a cartoon alter-ego of Baby Bear) also listed, so I'm not sure.

5 Farley's gray kitten? He actually had a gray kitten? Where was it seen? And would it count as a new separate entry from the Cats from EW?

There was a song from about 1997 where he takes his pet to the vet. Ever since, he's been a spare puppet cat.

c. In 4095, Grover sang a song about the "zanahoría" or carrot, motioning for someone named Javier to "hit it!"
Was this a new character? Or was it simply some off-screen nameless being?

He was never seen.

As for the rest, I haven't seen today's show yet.

Rocky the Cat? Who is this, and where was he seen? Should he be added as a separate entry, apart from the rest of the Cats from EW? Or should he be included in with that group entry?

He was built way back in the late 1970s or late 1980s. He got his name from the home video "Getting Ready to Read", where he was owned by Sam (an AM kid; lavendar, live-hand AM with a red plaid shirt, thin eyelids, pink nose, and black hair). The cat, like the gray kitten, is now just a spare "trunk" puppet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks pal... Will probably end up adding all of these now.
Reason why I have Hero Guy listed is cause it's not rully that big a stretch to think of him as Baby Bear's superhero persona.
Sure, Baby Bear is the artist who draws Hero Guy, and Hero Guy is a separate character distinct from Baby Bear... But Hero Guy is rully only seen in those segments with Baby Bear, and he's the one who plausibly came up with the superhero character of Hero Guy... So the creation belongs to the creator... And besides, should Palisades make an action figure of Baby Bear, would it rully be that much of a stretch to customize it into Hero Guy?
So I count HG as a distinct character among the superhero personas of the various Muppet characters. Besides, never knew he was CGI though I guess that's the animation method of choice these days and it shouldn't that big a surprise to me.

Will talk tomorrow after we've gotten another episode on both fronts. Thanks and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
a. Jack the Burro, from 4096.
The same puppet used for Eriberto, played by Noel MacNeal.

b. Grover's Mexican Singers?, from 4096.
All three (monsters) have been previously seen; a violin player (blue) was among those for the "Tortellini Monster" song (and on second thought, I think that these "Tortellini" monsters should be added to the list); the one on maracas was Merry (with a different voice, but still played by Joey Mazzarino), and (get this) the one on guitar was the orange monster from the UK Play With Me Sesame!

d. The song about the number 3 in 4096, who sang this song? Was it an animated character or was it a new Muppet character to add to the list?
Sounded like Marty Robinson to me.

It was an animation, from the same people who remade "There's a Bird On Me", "Bein' a Pig", and the clay cavemen animation. (All which also feature Muppeteers doing the voices.)

As for the "Hero Guy" figure; yeah, it's a stretch; Hero Guy bearly (ouch!) looks like Baby Bear; and he's a cartoon, but it looks like computers were involved to animate him. He's a lot thinner and shorter, with exaggerated parts (thin arms, big head, feet, hands, etc.) Maybe a mini "Hero Guy" PVC could work better.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Domby from PWMS UK on SS USA? Nice touch.
Never heard of these "Tortellini Monsters", where they come from? Any particular sketch/song?

And from 4097: Rock Sitter for Rocco.
Goldirock, seen in the story Telly told.
Mr. Duck, the duck patient Gina tends to when she comes into the episode story.
That was basically it, unless there's anything from EW: Babies that should be added.

Oh yeah, and now that you've gotten 4096 under your belt...
What about the Even Animals Have Skin Book, should it be added or not?
And the respective animals that lept out of its pages, should they be added or not?
Hope to hear from you soon, might post something in the Classic Characters thread after I start on my third tape.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The monsters were from last year, when a female monster tried to teach her baby sister how to say "Tortellini", then eventually got the rest of the family to join in.

What about the Even Animals Have Skin Book, should it be added or not?

Hard to tell, since it's computer-animated.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder where MuppetDude got to. Maybe his classes are draining away at his schedule too.
Oh well, hopefully he'll be back when the new episodes air again next week. Kind of missing him since I posted some questions in the Classic SS Character Questions thread, waiting for his help, but I guess I should post the rest of my questions there soon.
Just wanted to take it episode by episode and not tire the guy out.

Well... See ya soon guys.
Oh yeah, before I forget... Tomorrow's episode will be 3980 right? If anyone can help with the real names of the kids who portrayed Samantha, Dakota and/or Sough from the 2001/2002 Hurricane episodes I'd appreciate it.
Thanks and I hope to hear from someone soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I've always been around, Count. :smile:

Unfortunately, I don't think kids are ever credited unless they're regular cast members (like Lexine, Carlo, etc.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In Raul Julia's Gomez Addams voice: Good show old man.

That actually helps... Cause now I can eliminate those five episodes from the order list in my other dealings.

Should I post all the questions I have from those episodes? Or wait to take them episode by episode?
The first batch from 2256 have been posted there.

Oh, and if you've gotten Episode 4097 from Season 36, would appreciate help with any new character there.

Hope to hear from you guys soon, and watch the FR boards for another questions thread.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Should I post all the questions I have from those episodes? Or wait to take them episode by episode?

Probably all together.

And from 4097: Rock Sitter for Rocco.
Goldirock, seen in the story Telly told.
Mr. Duck, the duck patient Gina tends to when she comes into the episode story.
That was basically it, unless there's anything from EW: Babies that should be added.

Goldirock was just a fist-sized (but a big-size) rock with blond braids.

Mr. Duck is named "Alfred", named in Season 33. He's the mallard duck. He pops up in lots of places.