Season 36 Character Questions

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh... Keep falling for the "Reload this Page" link.
That's cause I'm used to pressing "R" twice to get to the "Reply" link over at PT's boards, when it takes three times here.

Oh well... The animals and book will be eliminated since they're pure animation.
Mr. Camel will be added.

That leaves the last two episodes, and a reply from Secret Squirrel to finish off Season 36. Which'd bring us closer to the unveiling of ML 16.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
May you ask that? Yes you may.

Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted an actual answer. J/K.
Haven't gotten a response from SS yet, will try to get some prodding done over the weekend or next week to see what info SS may have.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Watched today's episode and here we are again.

Episode 4107: Little Big Bird, Part 1.
The Ant. This character showed up when Little Big Bird was either singing or finished singing his song.
Should it be added?
Nursery Rhyme News.
Jack Be Nimble, is this the same character as the one from the News Flash with Kermit?
If not, should he be added?
There was a character that showed up also, as Jack Be Nimble's Mom. However, she was called both "Mom Be Nimble" and "Mother Be Nimble".
Should she be added? If so, under what name?
Hope to hear from you guys soon, will be back tomorrow with the last questions of the season.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And from... Episode 4108: Little Big Bird, Part 2.
Mike the Ladybug.
Elmo's World: The Camera.
ATG: The Surpriseans (SP?).
Any and all info on these, and whether they should be added to the list will be appreciated.

Elmo's World: Cameras. A Muppet broccoli showed up at the end of the segment for the group photo, he had a different voice than before.
Should it be added? If so, under what entry heading/name?
The Cow, from Global Grover: Tibet.
Was this Gladys? Were there other cows that joined her at the end of the segment?
Should they be added as "The Dancing Cows" as Grover referred to them at the end of the sketch?
There was a Bert and Ernie segment with a frog who counted up to 100 by tens.
Should it be added? If so, under what heading/name?
Hope to hear from you guys soon, and happy holidays.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Ant. This character showed up when Little Big Bird was either singing or finished singing his song.
Should it be added?

He was a hand puppet superimposed on green/blue screen. Yes.

Nursery Rhyme News.
Jack Be Nimble, is this the same character as the one from the News Flash with Kermit?
If not, should he be added?

He's not the same one; he's a tall orange AM in a striped nightgown and cap, blond hair, dark pink round nose, and pink eyelids.

There was a character that showed up also, as Jack Be Nimble's Mom. However, she was called both "Mom Be Nimble" and "Mother Be Nimble".
Should she be added? If so, under what name?

I prefer "Mom Be Nimble"; she was a short lavendar AM with dark brown hair, small pink nose, small blue eyelids, brownish dress w/ short white sleeves, and a white kercief around her head.

And from... Episode 4108: Little Big Bird, Part 2.
Mike the Ladybug.

It's the same ladybug puppet from EW, but with lavendar eyelids and an orange nose. He's different than the EW one.

Elmo's World: The Camera.

A gray camera with the round protruding lens as her nose. Her black/pink mouth w/ pink lips are under the lens, and her round pink-eyelided eyes are on the top of the camera.

ATG: The Surpriseans (SP?).
Any and all info on these, and whether they should be added to the list will be appreciated.

They are five monsters (including one who appears to be the one Joey Mazzarino played--the one with the beard) with bushy yarn hair, party hats, bowties, and noses that are unraveling party favors. (How they did that without damaging the puppets is beyond me.)

Elmo's World: Cameras. A Muppet broccoli showed up at the end of the segment for the group photo, he had a different voice than before.
Should it be added? If so, under what entry heading/name?

Since your list is to be thorough, then yes, indicating he's from the "Cameras" episode.

The Cow, from Global Grover: Tibet.
Was this Gladys? Were there other cows that joined her at the end of the segment?
Should they be added as "The Dancing Cows" as Grover referred to them at the end of the sketch?

It was Gladys. The other cows were Cathlene and Maxine. They could be labeled as "The Dancing Cows", I guess. (But I know that yaks can dance ballet--what about the "Front Back Yak" cartoon?! :stick_out_tongue: )

There was a Bert and Ernie segment with a frog who counted up to 100 by tens.
Should it be added? If so, under what heading/name?

It's the same little frog puppet used many times, but he can be added as the "Counting-to-100-by-10's Frog".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and stopping by MD. Won't add The Dancing Cows since they've been explained away... And I'm not sure about the frog as of right now. Guess it should be there, guess it'll be in then.
How quickly I make up my mind when posting these comments. But thanks for all your help, it's greatly valued.

BEAR

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Should it be added?

He was a hand puppet superimposed on green/blue screen. Yes.

I actually think that Big Bird was the one super imposed, but oh well.

BEAR

Reaction score
Also, I am not sure if it was acknowleged, Ed, but I think it was in the EW about bugs where we see the same puppet used to play "Bug" in Grouchland. Not sure if you caught that. Also, did you add Stinky in boy form to the list?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Thanks for the tip Bry. And yes, Stinky in boy form is on the list, under the subgrouping from the story of The Plant Who Wanted to Be a Boy.