1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Season 39 Sneak Peaks

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

2. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

A "Word on the Street" segment about music? Strange. Maybe it's a different segment on the show. If they reuse the Word on the Street segments, I wonder if they'll reuse the stock footage of Murray's "Hi! I'm Murray from Sesame Street, and I'm looking for... the Word on the Street!" from the past season
  3. Oscarfan

4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

5. KermmieBaby

KermmieBaby New Member

Ernie & Bert claymation

I just read on TVGuide.com that The Adventures of Bert & Ernie is going to be on the new season! Last I heard, they had no plans.:D
  6. Oscarfan

7. KermmieBaby

KermmieBaby New Member

Isn't there one store front in between Hoopers and the Mail-It (Fix-It) Shop? My guess is it will be in between.
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

No-no! There is actually some space between the Fix-It-Shop and the laundromat. I wish I had a map but it's where Gina and Bob's apartments are. I think it's in the same location that it was in on Elmo in Grouchland.
  9. Oscarfan

10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Okay... Please... Only put your faith and stock in the press releases issued by Sesame Workshop themselves on the upcoming season. The person who wrote that bit about the guest stars and parodies has ze-roh idea about what Sesame Street is even about. And how is it you get Neil Patrick Harris's most recognized role of Doogie Howser MD not even mentioned or misquoted for some other piece of crud?

Sorry, but this is another reporter who goes into the same junk category with Jim Hill Media.... Straight into the poopy shoot.
    *Shoots the trash into a nearby incinarator.

*Rant over.
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

BTW... Will, the building you're thinking of is 4-5-6 Sesame Street, which served as a secondary apartment building just behind Hooper's Store.

According to Muppet Wiki regarding the Sesame Street Laundromat's location:
    " In The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, the laundromat was located across the street from 123 Sesame Street.

Beginning with Season 39, the laundromat has been moved next to Hooper's Store, where Leela serves as its proprietor."

Hope this helps. :wisdom:
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Wowsers! have I bet on the wrong horse. All this time I thought they'd be doing some sort of environmental focus.

30 Rocks- how much of this would be a parody of Tina Fey's humongous ego :insatiable: "

Pre-School Musical- Take that Disney and Tweenagers! Seriously! Too bad that Animaniacs isn't around anymore. THEY'D really do a parody of HSM that did it justice.

Are you Smarter than an Egg Layer?- Scary thing is, with the Writer's strike still having its effect on Summer replacement TV shows, I'm surprised it's a SS parody, and not an actual Fox show.

Anyway... Jack Black on SS? Sweet! I hope he has some great interactions with the Muppets.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I was actually referring to the on Above Hoopers because that's where they moved Marco's crib and that where Bob comes out of somtimes when ever he comes from his house.
  14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

15. Drtooth

I'm not a fan of Jenny either. PErsonally, the fact that she's married to Jim Carry makes perfect sense. Both are total cartoony hams.
  16. goshposh

goshposh Member

Jenny McCarthy is not married to Jim Carrey. Now I am not standing up for her but people really need to check their facts before they insult others.
  17. Drtooth

Though she was. My mistake.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Funny, I thought she was married to him myself. But yeah. they are both hams. Thought Elmo's message was sweet myself.
  19. Drtooth

Nothing wrong with being a ham... :mad:

But then again, I felt a good deal of the Word on the Streets were condesending. There were some great ones. I especially liked Ricard Belzer's bit about Lazy. And especially Conan's dog skit.

I hope the word of the day segments are a lot better this season.
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Me too. A lot of people today just do know know how to do this show and that just get into this kiddy mode where they are just plain talking down to the kids. That's the way Jenny sounded in the clip to me.:smirk: