Selling a Poster of the Twin towers

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the buzz in newsrooms in the UK is early November sometime - they always like to have things finished by Christmas. They have Delta Force/SAS already in Iraq !

beaker

Reaction score
Official sources on various media outlets clearly define a Jan/Feb outline mostly due to the weather factor. They say having to have soldiers in protective gear during the Summer would be an absolute nightmare.

Make no mistake...while most wars post WW2 have been far from 'urgent' for the US to take part, an Iraq invasion would weigh heavily on the 'one man agenda and company' side.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Official sources on various media outlets clearly define a Jan/Feb outline mostly due to the weather factor.
The Gulf war was this time was it not - kinda late Dec/Early Jan ? I think you might be confusing 'official sources' with pundits who news channels get in to speak. 'Official sources' would never say when, where or if there was going to be a war - they would just say 'we aren't ruling anything out' because it gives something away that they don't need to if not.

From what i am aware - all of our (UK) equipment has been moved to the coast ready for shipping to the Gulf while advance parties of our military and special forces are already there. The U.S are moving planes out to Diego Garcia, a British island where they are gonna launch from so they don't actually need to use the land of other countries they are pretending to ask. Most of U.S Centcom are being moved out to the Gulf on a 'training mission' (well thats the official version) and pretty much daily where we live there are now people carrier helicopters flying towards the Gulf region. If they are doing all this now there is pretty much no chance of them waiting till next year - it all costs money and they won't want them out of the home countries for long because stuff could happen back here.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh gosh no, I didnt mean 'official sources ARE saying'...what I meant was, during the Sunday talk shows here, alot of war correspondants were all saying the same thing: that privately, official sources and millitary planners are drawing up a possible jan/feb scenario, mostly due to weather. Thats the word as of Sunday. This Nov/Dec timeline is quite unlikely. first you have the senate/congress elections here. I seriously doubt any major millitary action would be taken before then. Then you have the new news of Iraq playing the let the inspectors in game.

It's interesting you somehow have the inside word on the geo political war theatre and the muppet theatre. heh

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Cory,

No offense guy, but I didn't just *make up* the dates of Nov/Dec... that is what I have heard on several news shows. I would think it is gonna be sooner than you think.

Luke

Reaction score
It's interesting you somehow have the inside word on the geo political war theatre and the muppet theatre. heh
**** i know - News and Light Entertainment are my two main areas. I worked in the newsroom at the Mirror Group (Murdochs biggest rival in the UK) for a year or two when i first came out of school. Lots of friends are still in that area and have moved on up, we still keep in touch. I also studied contemporary history for A-Level and Iraq was my main area of study - i interviewed one of the guys used as human shields and was one of the hostages seen on camera with Saddam so that got me a good grade. I also live only about a mile from a military base so looking out my bedroom window for inside news on Iraq kinda helps ! :stick_out_tongue:

I moved within the same company to a cable TV channel they also owned and did TV news for a few months, then made the move into showbiz and researching light entertainment TV shows on terrestrial (you would call 'Network') TV. I had a brief spot in radio on the UK's most popular show (our equivalent of Howard Stern), did some celebrity booking, and now write/develop entertainment show formats up until launch.

Thats me !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>No offense guy, but I didn't just *make up* the dates of Nov/Dec... that is what I have heard on several news shows. I would think it is gonna be sooner than you think<<<

Oh, no...I was just reporting what was said on the Sunday talk show circuit. I wouldnt doubt a 'nov/dec' and also a 'jan/feb' "like scenario" is being batted around privately. I have no doubt of that.

>>>News and Light Entertainment are my two main areas. <<<

How bout we just call you Mr. Media Boy? hehe No, for being just 25 you have a lot of credentials...I mean you worked for WWFE UK *and* em.tv(JHC unfortunate parent company)

My interest in world politics and stuff culminated during the late 80's when it seemed everything in the world arena was changing.

As for my credentials...well, officially zip. Call me the lost bohemian on the Holden Caufield front.

though in a couple of days I will have breaking news on the Cory front that, well to me is very exiciting.

Luke

Reaction score
How bout we just call you Mr. Media Boy? hehe No, for being just 25 you have a lot of credentials...I mean you worked for WWFE UK *and* em.tv(JHC unfortunate parent company)

My interest in world politics and stuff culminated during the late 80's when it seemed everything in the world arena was changing.
LOL - EMTV (although it was a joint project with another company) and WWF were just quickie month long jobs when i was freelance and there wasn't much permanent work around. I wish i could have a permanent job that lasted years but that just isn't around in media right now. A lot of people look down on me for having had like at least 30 jobs since i left school, and they are right in a way, but then theres tons of stuff i've experienced that i wouldn't have had in a 'normal' job. It's not all great there are some massive risks involved (for one - months of downtime unemployment and really low money at the start) but i'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a family to support.

You don't really need any credidentials to know about news or showbiz or have the 'inside track' nowdays. Knowledge is power and as long as you are interested, all the information is out there for the taking (Net, TV, Open University etc). My love for news came from my mom waking me up at 2am in the morning to watch CNN and see the U.S bomb Iraq for the first time in 1991. It was a buzz, same as the live 'breaking news' type things i covered while working in it. I've been hooked to the news channels ever since !

beaker

Reaction score
Maybe Ive asked you this or maybe youve said, but have you ever tried to get hooked up in some fashion with JHC or the makers of ALF?(what appears to be your two fave media shows)
Even if it was just a typist or secretary, that would rule!