Series 1 Arrives: When and Where

radionate

Reaction score
Well none of the TRU in Memphis or Tupelo Mississippi have them yet, but I got a heads up from FOZI3B3AR that they had arrived at Sam Goody and Suncoast, so today (after praying every night they would still be there today), I drove up to Memphis early to pick them up. I AM SO RELIEVED TO SAY I FINALLY HAVE BUNSEN AND DR. TEETH!!!!!!!! (The last two at Suncoast) I left Piggy and Kermit there as they had a bunch left, and Sam Goody had nearly a whole case still hanging (one Bunsen had been sold).

Of course, me going into a mall is a dangerous thing, and I opted to shell out the plastic to purchase a hard to find video (and thank God my card didn't melt!) I'll pick up Kermit in a week or two, and continue my quest for the EB Piggy. Scold me now, I know I know, but I'm also going to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow and I had to make a choice!

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
....but I'm also going to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow and I had to make a choice!
The play? If so you'll really like it. We saw it years ago in LA.

My wife pointed out to me that one of the reasons stores might have a hard time merchandising these is the packaging. I know it is great, and looks just like the curtain from the show.
But it is so much darker than all the other stuff on the pegs, it just does not attract the eye well. We go to the toy store a couple of times a week, and I always grab a muppet and carry it around with me, and people always ask me where I got it from, and they are usually less than 5 feet from the display!

Just an idea.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Hmmm. The packaging doesn't look darker than the other figures at EB. And the other figures at Sam Goody were all in dark gray packaging.

The Silverdale, WA TRU finally has the figures! We were there this evening and asked a clerk who was stocking the action figure section. He said they had no Muppet figures. My brilliant husband then asked if they had Simpson figures. When the kid showed us to the Simpson figures, guess what was taking up three pegs right smack in the middle of the display? Two pegs full of the exclusive Kermit and one peg of the regular assortment. Bunsen is already sold out. One Dr. Teeth and one regular Kermit left, and four Piggys. Looks like they got one case of series 1 and one case of the exclusive Kerm.

Wheeee!

And Cindy-- they were within easy reach.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Hmmm. The packaging doesn't look darker than the other figures at EB. And the other figures at Sam Goody were all in dark gray packaging.

The Silverdale, WA TRU finally has the figures! We were there this evening and asked a clerk who was stocking the action figure section. He said they had no Muppet figures. My brilliant husband then asked if they had Simpson figures. When the kid showed us to the Simpson figures, guess what was taking up three pegs right smack in the middle of the display? Two pegs full of the exclusive Kermit and one peg of the regular assortment. Bunsen is already sold out. One Dr. Teeth and one regular Kermit left, and four Piggys. Looks like they got one case of series 1 and one case of the exclusive Kerm.

Wheeee!

And Cindy-- they were within easy reach.
Glad you got them (most of 'em anyway) Honeydw looks like the hard to get one of the series.
I was looking when at TRU and the only ones we saw that were darker were the Stan Winston Monsters, but they had their own endcap! (That's what you get for designing Jeffery).

It seems like every TRU has them near the Simpsons, so just look there if the employees don't know

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I managed to pick up some of the TRU Kermit exclusives at the TRU in Centerville, OH. They actually had quite a few of the figures (I went there on Monday, the day that they came in). I had to work on Monday, so my Mom had called them to see if they were getting the figures that day. They were very nice, and reserved a couple of Kermit exclusives for her (and we went down there later that day to pick them up).

Still nothing from the Beavercreek TRU. :mad:

Now I can't wait until Series 2... :smile:

towels

Reaction score
Playsets

Any sightings domestically of the playsets? What's the expected date?

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Tux Kermit In Orlando

Picked up 2 Tux Kermit's yesterday @ the Florida Mall TRU.

I'm guessing that they had just put all of the figures out because there were a TON of them.

It looked like there were more Tux Kermit's than Regular Kermit's as well. This could be due to the price though (10.99 vs. 7.99).

The store is still being rehabbed, but it looks like the figure area has been completed.

Chris

uncleduke

Reaction score
Re: Tux Kermit In Orlando

Anybody know what's going on with TRU.com? I passed up the tux Kermit at the store because I ordered him onlne, and he has not shipped. They moved the date back to the 10th now!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my Tux Kermit from the TRU/ Amazon site, but I did pick up one in their store. I'll just keep this one MOC. I will probably not order from them in the future seeing that they have some pretty poor service. Just the opposite for EB. Weird.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Hey Froggy, you going to the Powerpuff Girls Movie? I sure am. Can't wait!

Lemme know what you think of it if you go.

Hope I didn't offend anyone with that huge kinda negative review of Attack of the Clones I posted a while back.
:frown:

As for the toys, I want a Gonzo bust.