Series 2 has landed!!

grail

Reaction score
short and straight to the point...an excellent first post indeed.

welcome to the party!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to see about trying to get a Muppet Labs today! Hate when I put this kind of thing off till the last stinkin' minute!

BTW, Ken...you REALLY beat yourself up in these kinds of posts, don't you! Maybe you should change your screan name to Don Music!

"Oh! I'll never get this action figure right! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!"

(BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG...)

Man, like Playmates could do any better? I like the Simpsons and all, but your company could SOOOO do a better job! :cool:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Not hard on myself at all. Facts are facts. 2 is better than 1. And I usually feel that way about ANY line I have worked on that has gone to a second series. Just like the pilot of a TV show...it usually is nowhere near as good as the show itself. You gotta get yer feet wet before you can swim.

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Not hard on myself at all. Facts are facts. 2 is better than 1. And I usually feel that way about ANY line I have worked on that has gone to a second series. Just like the pilot of a TV show...it usually is nowhere near as good as the show itself. You gotta get yer feet wet before you can swim.
Yep, Nothing like actually *doing* something to figure out what works and what doesn't. So far I'd say you're doing great with these though. Can't wait to see them get even better.
J~

zachatack

Reaction score
Yeah, usually things improve with age, and figure lines are the same. But who can hold a vintage Luke or Obi-Wan in their hands and not think it is just "awesome"

BAZ

Reaction score
All right! Series 2 should be in store in the next couple of weeks. That means thay should make here to Nebraska in about..oh...mid March.

Thank goodness for on line ordering.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Series 2 should get here to Puerto Rico around November 15 just in time for Sesame's 33rd Anniversary. I'll probably preorder the figures I want and keep bugging the store rep. until they get here. The benefit of ordering/getting the figures around mid-November is that I can get my family to chaulk up the purchase towards my birthday in December which is close to Christmas. While I wait I'm implementing a 26-character countdown, just enough to fit in a complete alphabet cast to calm down until new additions to the cast of figures finally end up in my hands. More news on the countdown in the coming days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you mean, Ken! I've gotta say that when Series one came out I was so impressed, and I was practically down on my knees after seeing them! They were sooo incredable. After actually getting the Labs Saturday, I was wondering how much better you can do! I mean, the fact that we can actually see the character's texture, the way you handel the line for serious collectors and not kinda crummy like most other toy companies.

If any other company was handling this line, they'd just make Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, and maybe Fozzie, and just give up shortly after that!

Plus, I agree with what you say. I mean, Series one was great, no question, but you learn new tricks, and you have less problems to fqace with every passing series!