1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Series 3 action figures retooled

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Aug 11, 2002.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Did you read the article that inspired this post? Scooter does have knee joints - it's a fantastic trend in series 3. His glasses are still a bit oversized as well. I'm wondering if it has to do with breakage issues from Bunsen. It's not so bad (in my view), but it is noticeable. And what is it about old guys in glasses? Are we saying that Scooter's old? LOL!
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Do you have the original pics Jamie ? The Lobster Bandito pics on your site are massive - be nice to see that for the rest, it'd rock !
  3. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Yes, I read the article you were inspired to write after you got to see the big pictures. I didn't read about or see them any place else. Because they're not, are they?

If that is the case, about the breakage issues of Bunsen's glasses, why not use a softer pvc to make the glasses/eyes? Like the same stuff they're making hair & fur on Animal and Gonzo's head, or the same stuff Beaker's labcoat is made with? Then Scooter's glasses could be proportioned right. And they would not break.

As it turns out, 25 years is apparently old enough! :cool:
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey, Jamie. I read your article earlier today and I have a few questions for you.
    What's the deal with Zoot's glasses and the issue of straightening them out? Personally, I just don't get why everybody says that he has a sad or droopy look to him.
    Just why did you include Vacation Fozzie in your Series 3 update report? I thought that figure was an exclusive from Series 2, though with two versions of Floyd and four versions of Fozzie, there certainly are enough exclusive/variant figures to spread around to Series 3 with none of its own. Do you know if Lew's skin tone has been corrected yet? This is the only flaw left to tend to in my mind to perfect Series 3. BTW: Phil added the list of figures from Series 1-4 on the website again. However, the Tuxedo Rowlf figure from series 3 lists his accessories as a baby grand piano and candelabra. Does this mean the Beethoven bust is out, or is this just a mistake on his part? Anyway, have a great summer.

The Count.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

count
    All good questions. Fozzie was included because we had the pic. No it wasn't changed and it may have been better to edit it out, but I thought the info was important. He kind of snuck in and the reference of his series edited out (by me). Good catch!

The bust and candelabra debate confuses me too. I'm not sure about that. I'll check with Ken. Haven't seen a pic of either yet.

Go to the source pics on: http://www.palisadestoys.com/DailyB...ur/TUESDAY.html
    to better see how Zoot's eyes droop.

supergrover
    Just making sure. You seemed to be questioning things already stated in the article so I wanted to make sure you didn't miss that. Love these knee joints. Knee joints for everybody!

luke
    I will post bigger versions of select article images soon.
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

to jamie & luke:

ok you too...first off, jamie: you rock! Thanx so much for putting up those large angled pix of the lobsters! As a fan of smaller Muppet figures this is too cool! Do you know if these will have any articulation or joints?

Now, to both Jamie and Luke...for weeks(its been longer, but in regards to the new action figure heated threads) I think we can all three agree...In light of the Carroll series 3 article, new praise has to be given! I was less than enthusiastic about the pre toy fare and post toy fare s.3 proto pix. But man! Even tho they were shown unpainted, Zoot...Lew...Scooter, the three everyone and even I were complaining about, man! And Zoot, totlaly captures him. And those Lobsters again, TOO MUCH! I truly think Palisades should make accessory/side small figure packs, much like what Jakks pacific does with its line. And knee joints? Hot darn, just doesnt get any better than that!
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Nice! Where did ya get all those large scans? very cool.

So from what ya can tell, do ya think the Lobsters will have any articulation? Looks like their arms might. Hmmmm
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Those are the original size pics from my article. I suspect the claws or arms have some articulation.
  10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Those are the original size pics from my article. I suspect the claws or arms have some articulation<<<

Those lobsters are the one thing that really stands out to me that Ive seen in series 3...I mean, a company coming out with Lobster Bandito Muppet figures? too much. Yeah, it looks like the arms might be articulated, I mean those dont look like solid PVC peices, so I think there will be some joints or something. They just look so great, I hope they dont get retooled. Btw, from what ya can tell do these look like 3 inches to you? Man that Swedish Chef playset is gonna be so cool!
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'd say 2-3 inches seems about right. Scooter just looks awesome though. Glasses a little big, but other than that he is amazing! I don't see the glasses size as that big of a deal.
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>I'd say 2-3 inches seems about right. Scooter just looks awesome though. Glasses a little big, but other than that he is amazing! I don't see the glasses size as that big of a deal<<<

Yeah, all of the retooled figures look great. I cant even look at the old s3 pix released. Scooter, wow man! And the knee joints, so cool. Ok Jamie, do you know a time schedule on the series 2 and 3 waves? Series one was so late, even later was the Beaker playset. It says October, but I wouldnt be surprised if s2 is delayed even longer:( Also, is January still a go for s3? Its hard to keep up, heh.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I believe Ken that it will be released in September, Shelved in October and it may fluctuate some into November with the Playset and exclusives. Series 3 sould be Jan/Feb.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>I believe Ken that it will be released in September, Shelved in October and it may fluctuate some into November with the Playset and exclusives. Series 3 sould be Jan/Feb<<<

Now thats what I like to hear! Btw, what would your guess be for when series 5 hits...July? As I so cant wait for that Koozebane playset! Anybody care to guess the timetable next for series 4 and 5 pix to be revealed? Im guessing February, when series 3 ships and toy fare NYC of course.
  15. matleo

matleo Active Member

Re: to jamie & luke:

I asked ken abou this a few weks back and he said no articulatoin on the lobsters. I don't remember how big he said they'd be.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Since things are done quarterly - I believe the months go: Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct.
  17. matleo

matleo Active Member

I thin kwe'll see series 4 pics as 2 starts to appear on shelves and 3 goes into production and then you're right, we'll see 5 around Feb. as 3 starts to hit shelves, 4 goes into production and Toyfare occurs.

--Matt
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I still think the Lobster Banditos should have some articulation...who knows? They dont come out to February, so I would suspect Ken might have more surprises in store for the Chef Playset and other stuff in series 3. I mean Kneee joints, who saw that coming? I just super psyched to see what Ken and th egang have in store for the Koozebane playset when its revealed at Feb NYC Toy Fare!
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

These figures can't have everything or they won't be profitable. Ken has said that the Kitchen is already over budget. We're lucky to get lobsters at all! And with such detail!
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>These figures can't have everything or they won't be profitable. Ken has said that the Kitchen is already over budget. We're lucky to get lobsters at all! And with such detail!<<<

True. I wasnt too big on the labs thing(mostly boguht it for Beaker and the gorrilla detector) but starting with wave two the sets look amazing to me while still being somewhat true to the originals. And that huge bit of news Ken gave on Ask Ken, wow!
    All of our wonderings and thoughts are coming true!(Muppets leaving behind the TMS only brand, Pepe, PVCs, muppet movies+MT licence, etc) too cool.