Series 3 action figures retooled

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

is it just me or does anyone else see the merit of having the "dueling reviewers" be Luke and Jamie?

you mean they aren't already? :big_grin:

Just Kidding guys.

--Matt

Jackie

Reaction score
I just want to say that SCOOTER looks a million times better!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Very nice article, Frogboy;

My favorite line:

"Any sculptor will tell you that there is a degree of interpretation in every piece."

I think these figures are outstanding, and although it is difficult to tell the differences made without seeing painted prototypes (except for Lew, who DOES look much better), I'm amazed that Palisades is taking the time to go back and "fix" things when they could have just charged ahead with the line.

In the words of hottie Kristy Ozminski, "Sweet Bacon."

Now with more bacon!

Quinnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
I couldn't really tell the difference with Scooter, but then i didn't think there was much wrong with it that really affected the likeness the first time round - but yes, i thought Lew Zealand was like 1000 times better, lot more defined and detailed. I think with him, you could really notice the shoddy bits around the face easily before. If the repaint is as good as the retooling was then they'll have him totally perfect. Zoot was also really much, much better, the slight changes have made him look a little less sad and droopy and more like the moody and soulful Zoot we've all come to know and love.

Gonzo

Reaction score
"less sad and droopy and more moody and soulful"

Hmmmm....I guess it all depends on what kind of mood the beholder is in. I think a lot of moody people are just sad.

Quinnnnnn

GWGumby

Reaction score
Although I have a difficult time seeing the differences in the retooled figures, let me just say that I am indeed greatful not only that we are allowed to see the prototypes, but that we are allowed to comment on them and critique them and hopefully help in making great figures even better.

Do any other companies do this sort of thing? I can't help but wonder if some of my favorite licenses could have been better had there been a place for more fan interaction and critique. Maybe it's very difficult to capture the likeness of a human, but I can think of very few action figures I own that couldn't be improved in some degree or other in terms of scuplting. I love that I own figures of Bob & Doug Mackenzie, of all the Monty Python members, and of Spinal Tap, along with dozens of others. Yet along with my love of these figures is also a sense of disappointment on how very few correctly resemble their real-life counterparts.

I never intended on being a Palisades fan-boy, but yet again I find more reasons to sing their praises. Thanks for this unique opportunity to be a part of the development process.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To better see the changes on scooter - compare the images in the article with the one on Palisades website. The most noticable is that material has been taken out of his glasses rim and the lensed moved closer together. He had a kind of "Marty Feldman" look before. :eek:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
He had a kind of "Marty Feldman" look before. :eek:
Oooh yeah - i see it now ..... and you know it was the Marty Feldman reference that made me notice what you meant. :stick_out_tongue:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Oooh yeah - i see it now ..... and you know it was the Marty Feldman reference that made me notice what you meant. :stick_out_tongue:
LOL! That's it exactly!

SuperGrover

Reaction score
As far as I can tell from these, is that Scooter has knee joints. But the main problem with him was his head, eyes & glasses. His glasses still look too big to me. As Letterman says, "What's the deal with guys & big glasses?"

Maybe that's what I need; a pair of big glasses. Are these pictures up any place else? I'd like to see larger pictures where I can notice the detail well enough to form my own opinion.

Still very enthusiastic for series 3. Especially tux Rowlf!