Sesame Muppets on international versions of SS

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Let's see...there was..

*Big Bird on Sesamstrasse(old episodes)
*Ernie and Bert on Ulitza Sezam(never seen it, but I heard they were on it)
*Big Bird on Zhima Jie
*Elmo on Takalani Sesame
*Big Bird,Cookie Monster, and Elmo on the Japanese SS(which just came out)

Only these characters haven't crossed over yet:

Oscar the Grouch
The Count
Grover
Zoe

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Four other Sesame Muppets were on Sesamstrasse. They were Little Bird, a brown wolf, a female grouch from Elmo in Grouchland, and a sheep.

balana

Reaction score
I remember talking to my boyfriend about what it was like in Spain... There I think it was called 'Barrio Sesamo' and the full-body costumes (like Big Bird) had a female bird, a big hedgehog/porcupine, and this brown monster thing (I assume it's still the same these days). A few of the names I remember was that Kermit was Gustavo, Grover was Koko, Cookie Monster was Triki (I think), Oscar was still Oscar... I know Ernie and Bert were also on there, and the Count, but that's all I can remember right now.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I didn't know the American Sesame Street characters crossed over to different counry's. Also, Da Niao looks exactly like Big Bird. That's strange. The only time I saw international Sesame Street characters on the American Sesame Street was during the New Year's special.

MeepEeep

Reaction score
Japanese SS

Get ready for Sesame Street merchandise, modified with those big ol' Anime eyes! :zany:

You'd think they'd have a LoL smiley on here somewhere. Am I missing it?

zanimum

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they do actually modify the characters in illustrations for international projects?

BTW, this is pretty close to LOL :excited: , but Zoe would be a very appropriate addition to the smilie family.

Pino

Reaction score
balana said:
I remember talking to my boyfriend about what it was like in Spain... There I think it was called 'Barrio Sesamo' and the full-body costumes (like Big Bird) had a female bird, a big hedgehog/porcupine, and this brown monster thing (I assume it's still the same these days). A few of the names I remember was that Kermit was Gustavo, Grover was Koko, Cookie Monster was Triki (I think), Oscar was still Oscar... I know Ernie and Bert were also on there, and the Count, but that's all I can remember right now.
No they had the pink porcupine (espinete) in the 80´s also with the brown monster Don Pimpon.... After that the disapeared from television and made a new version..... I believe they stated over 3 times... It isn´t broadcast anymore. They stoped in the late 90´s