Sesame Place Amusement Park

Klonoa

Reaction score
That's pretty interesting! What kinds of attractions did Sega World have? Rides? Game kiosks? Costumed characters?

--Klonoa
A Space Channel 5 dance party?

P

Philo and Gunge

I love this park, haven't been there in a looooong time. I never saw Oscar, only in parades and shows.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
That's pretty interesting! What kinds of attractions did Sega World have? Rides? Game kiosks? Costumed characters?

--Klonoa
A Space Channel 5 dance party?
They were mostly electronic intensive games, simulators and stuff like that but they did have one pretty good roller coaster themed with sonic the hedgehog. They also had a shop that sold lots of plush toys etc. They had lots of virtual reality type things, since it was all indoors and quite a small area of land thats all they could really pack in. they did have one attraction that was a guillotine in this box where you put your hands and head in and you could hear the sound of the blade falling and there was something there to stop it really cutting your head off! it was pretty scary though, it felt so real and you thought that it was really going to cut your head off! I;m sure it would have been pretty safe but it looked dangerous!

Klonoa

Reaction score
Thanks, MuppetsDownUnder, that sounds pretty slick! The fake guillotine thing sounds like something from House of the Dead. A Sonic rollercoaster...bet it had a loopy loop in it.

Now they need to make a Namco theme park.

--Klonoa

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Thanks, MuppetsDownUnder, that sounds pretty slick! The fake guillotine thing sounds like something from House of the Dead. A Sonic rollercoaster...bet it had a loopy loop in it.

Now they need to make a Namco theme park.

--Klonoa
Yeah, it was a good park, I only went there once since im not a video game fan and it wasnt cheap. The guillotine thing is kind of sick but it was just sideshow! That could be a sick new theme for a theme park, "Experience the thrill of thinking you are about to die" but not really!

astrotrain

Reaction score
Sesame Place...awsome park

Sesame Place is now part of the "Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks".

The characters are always friendly and always hamming it up. Telly
once came running upto my sister a few months ago acted like they
were old friends.

I just picked up the "25 Year Birthday Pass". Which allows the pass holder
unlimited access to the park for the remander of this year and all of next
year. And *free* general parking (normally $10.00 each visit).

You can get the pass for $25.00 by upgrading your park ticket while
you are there the same day. Otherwise its $75.00 to purchase without the upgrade.

As for the characters as big as Big Bird... no...Big Bird towers over them
he is still larger then them.

The only characters I have seen and met around the park are:

Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Telly, The Count, Big Bird, Grover, Oscar (only in Oscar Game Show show), Prarie Dawn, Elmo, and Rosita.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
astrotrain said:
The only characters I have seen and met around the park are:
Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Telly, The Count, Big Bird, Grover, Oscar (only in Oscar Game Show show), Prarie Dawn, Elmo, and Rosita.
Here is a list of all the ones I have seen (and taken pictures with)

Bert
Ernie
Cookie Monster
Telly
The Count
Big Bird
Grover (and Super Grover)
Oscar (Oscar walks with legs sticking out of bottom of can)
Prarie Dawn
Elmo
Rosita
Zoe
Honkers (Purple, Blue, and Green)
The Wolf (The Purple Big Bad Wolf - he only appears in the Rock around the Block Parade)
Tweedle Bugs (I've seen three diffrent ones)
Mr. Noodles
Snuffy (Only appears in balloon form in the Rock around the Block Parade)
Dragon Tale Characters (on special "dragon days" 3 characters from Sesame Workshops show "Dragon Tales" appear in special parts of the park)

The characters are bigger than actuall puppets. If you are familar with Sesame Street Live, they are almost exactly the same. Big Bird is actual size to the one on the show, and is much taller than the others.

Here you can see Telly, Zoe, Cookie, Elmo, The Wolf, the Snuffy Balloon, Elmo Balloon, and a Big Bird Balloon in the Rock Around the Block Parade.​