Sesame series 1 accesories revealed

theprawncracker

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I was just looking at the list of accessories for Oscar, and it says that his trashcan has a hinged lid and attachable feet. Does this mean that Oscar can go inside the can with the lid closed? What do you think?
Yes, when Oscar is inside his can you can put his feea on the trashcan and close the lid.

On another note, BEAR have you considered joing the Palisades' Toys forum? All of this info can be found there.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
All right, lemme explain. This is how the action figure of Oscar The Grouch will work.

1 Not sure due to my blind batty eyes, but I'd bet he'll come packaged with his head and arms, and whatever else of his upper body, above and outside the trashcan.
2 You remove the arms and push Oscar's head down inside the trashcan.
3 The trashcan lid, attached by a hinge, then closes over Oscar's head inside the trashcan.
4 When you push Oscar's head downwards, two pegholes emerge from the bottom of the can.
5 Once the pegholes are seen, you can attach his feet to the bottom to make it look as if he's walking around inside his can.

What I'm gonna try to do is push his head downwards to get the pegholes to show up, attach the feet, and then see if I can bring his head back up to connect the arms. Course, will have to wait till the figures are released to conduct this test.
Hope this helps you Bear.

BEAR

Reaction score
Sounds cool! Thanks for explaining that. I was just hoping to be able to have Oscar go down in his can "away from everyone" whenever he (or I) felt like it. :grouchy:

BEAR

Reaction score
I know that some people have complained about the distribution of the letters and that Ernie should have the letter A and Two-Headed should have the letter D instead of the other way around. However, I think it makes sense the way it is with Ernie coming with the D, and I will tell you why. One of the most famous musical moments was Ernie singing the "Dee Dee Dee" song about the letter. Do you remember? "Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee DOGGIE, Dee Dee Dangerous Dragon..." You get the point! :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... That thought did come to me. But I'd prefer Ernie to have the A.
Why? Well... You know about that fabled Muppets figure product guide I've been working for over the last year?
Thing is, thought I'd work on one for the Sesame Street line as well. And you need to have some way of organizing the figures in the line. And if they're gonna come with Muppet letters, the most logical thing is to have them in alphabetical order according to the Muppet letter they came with.
Using this logic, the Two-Headed Monster would be the first in line in the archway marked with the S1. And that miffs me a little, cause as one of the two anchors, Ernie should be in that archway.

But, since it's pretty much given, 2HM will come with the A and be first in line. Though I'd prefer Ernie to come with the A cause of what I've said above, the fact that he'll come with the D relating to the song "Dee, Dee, Dee" is the reason why I'll bring him and the D along when I finally go with my mom in December to visit my dad's grave on the 13th anniversary of his death.

Don't worry, I know these figures won't dissapoint and we'll be looking forward to them.

Much like Uncle Deadly and the Penguins which probably shipped out today.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Knew that'd get a response outta someone here on the boards. Ryan, go check out replies by Ignohippo in the thread I started over at the PT boards in the Muppets section, called "Uncle Deadly Arrived?"
Hope this helps.