1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by theprawncracker, Oct 20, 2009.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any idea specifically what songs will be on the 40th anniversary set? If there's a good amount of songs that haven't already been released on previous CDs, I might buy it, otherwise, I think I'd rather obtain them via MUP3 trades, lol.

Of course then again, I could already download clips from sites like YouTube in audio formats.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Uh... You do know that I'm referring to the two-disc DVD set, right? As far as I know there are no plans for a 40th anniversary CD set (there was an announcement for three-CD set contianing reissues of three early albums never before released on CD but those plans appear to have been cancled).
  3. D'Snowth

I thought I was a little confused there for a moment... on the subject of the songs and whatnot, I thought you were refering to a CD set like "Songs from the Street" that maybe hadn't been officially announced yet.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the DVD set, though.
  4. D'Snowth

Hey, does anyone else besides me find it odd that a couple of the videos for vote for for the 90s are remakes? Ernie and Bert's "Imagination" (the original is one of my all-time favorite bits) and "Everybody Sleeps"?
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I thought they remade Everybody Sleeps in the eighties?
  6. D'Snowth

7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The page appears to be unfinished and there's no news about it happening either way from it. It does appear to be cancelled... and I wonder if Koch is still going to produce any Sesame Street CD's... or any CD's at all.

Shame, they did such a great job with that Fraggle set.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Attention! You can now vote for the best 80's clip! There's several great choices, but I ended up voting for "Born to Add".
  9. minor muppetz

I voted for Kermit's Mystery Box. I was hoping that Chariots of Fur would be available for voting.
  10. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

I got to say :super:is really good within this mini-vids spotlighting the shows decades.

I mean it does seem kind of fun to view overall of the show long standing history of moments and memories. :wisdom:
  11. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

I am glad they are showing all these classic clips and having people vote for their favorites, This is a great way to keep the spirit of Jim and Sesame Street alive!
  12. D'Snowth

I honestly didn't expect the 80s videos to be as hard to choose from this week, but boy was I sorely mistaken, lol....

Interestingly enough, I found most of my favorite clips were Ernie and Bert-related... clips like "That's What Friends are For", "I Don't Wanna Live on the Moon", and "Imagine That" were on The Best of Ernie and Bert, a tape I've had since I was a baby, and yet others like "Do De Rubber Duck" and "I Love This Boat!" I vividly remember from my early childhood as well.

Personally... I ultimately had to go with "I Don't Wanna Live on the Moon"... such a beautiful Muppety song that really hits you in the heart, I think.
  13. minor muppetz

"Imagine That" wasn't on The Best of Ernie and Bert.
  14. D'Snowth

You're right, that one was "Big Bird's Storytime"... that too I've had since I was baby, lol.
  15. D'Snowth

This week's videos were easier to choose from, mainly because a lot of these were before my time even, and a few I never saw until the Old School DVDs came out.

While there were a few clips to choose from that I really liked, again, it was easier to choose because there weren't as many that were necessarily "special" to me this week than say for the previous two weeks.

So what did I vote for? Well... Bert teaching Berniece how to play checkers... again, "The Best of Ernie and Bert" tape I've had since a baby... even though some of those clips I've seen since a baby - King of 8, Dollhouse of 2, Humpty Dumpty Newsflash, etc.

Grover actually had me going for a minute after I voted... "Oh, I think you made a bad choice... of course, when I say 'bad', I think I mean 'GOOD'!"
  16. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

Check out the photo sideshows!:wisdom:
  17. D'Snowth

The reason why this week's voting was rather difficult was because this is it - this is the one that's going to earn the title of the best SST moment of all time from the past 40 years.

While I see a lot of my favorites from the past four weeks have made it in the top 40, I knew that my vote had to go to the video that has the most sentimental value to me personally.

I found myself at a tough choice - either "Monster in the Mirror" or "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"... I've mentioned it before, and I don't have to say it again.

I decided that with all things considered, I had to vote for "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"... that's not only one of the most beautifully written and beautifully sung SST songs of all time, but one of the best Muppet songs, in general of all time, in my opinion; again, mostly because of sentimental value, but honestly, who among us DOESN'T get the urge to sing that song while gazing up at a bright, full moon on a crystal clear night?
  18. minor muppetz

Well, the top 40 are listed, and the winner is I Love Trash.

Oddly enough, I counted each clip in the top 40 playlist, and there are really only 30 clips there.
  19. D'Snowth

I'm kind of surprised that "I Love Trash" won... I was sure something like "Monster in the Mirror" was going to win, it was holding the number one spot for the longest time.