Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I kind of miss the old days (for me anyway, har-har) when the new season always kicked off in April... that always made April worth looking forward to (besides maybe Easter when it was in April, lol).
Yeah, I understand that... but I can't tell you how much I LOVE that they're starting the 40th Season EXACTLY 40 years to the day from the premiere of the first episode. That's just SO great. :wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that... but I can't tell you how much I LOVE that they're starting the 40th Season EXACTLY 40 years to the day from the premiere of the first episode. That's just SO great. :wisdom:
Yeah, that is wonderful.

I'll admit though, I was kind of hoping they'd do something similar like they did with Season 35 (make the premiere a Sunday night special), but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers. I'm just thankful that SST's lasted this long, and hope it continues to last.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what clip to vote on tomorrow when it's the 1990s... Assuming they'll be up to nominate, I can't decide if I should vote for ABCD Blue, Things That I Remember, or the waiter Grover sketch where Grover competes with another waiter.

It's a shame there's not any way to write-in votes for clips not on the site. What if somebody wants to vote for Squeal of Fortune or a Miami Mice sketch, but they aren't on the site by then and can't? Or if somebody wants to vote for Mad or I Want a Monster to Be My Friend, but can't vote for them due to not being on the site by then?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what clip to vote on tomorrow when it's the 1990s... Assuming they'll be up to nominate, I can't decide if I should vote for ABCD Blue, Things That I Remember, or the waiter Grover sketch where Grover competes with another waiter.
Well, voting for the best 1990s clip has begun, and only one of those three clips is nominated. So I voted for Things That I Remember.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score

It's a shame there's not any way to write-in votes for clips not on the site. What if somebody wants to vote for Squeal of Fortune or a Miami Mice sketch, but they aren't on the site by then and can't? Or if somebody wants to vote for Mad or I Want a Monster to Be My Friend, but can't vote for them due to not being on the site by then?
Well, I mean there ad thousands of clips, so their are only so many they have have to vote for. But I noticed they have forty clips from every decade, so I think that's a fair way to do it.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
They Don't have "Monster In the Mirror" in the 1990s or do they consider it 1980's?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, I knew it was going to be SO HARD to choose! So many memories flooding back watching these videos, I wish there was another option - vote all, lol.

While most of the videos bring back happy memories, and I loved just about all of them, I was actually torn the most between Monster in the Mirror and "The King and I", because those are the two earliest I remember as kid, because they're on my Big Bird's Birthday, or Let Me Eat Cake tape, and I've had that since I was baby, so they've pretty much in my life all my life.

Ultimately, I think I'll have to go with "Monster in the Mirror", simply because Grover is pwnsome (though Cookie is too), and because I rully dug that song!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm having trouble deciding between three... "Things That I Remember," "Monster in the Mirror" and "The King and I." Ugh. This is SO hard! These are ALL such AWESOME sketches and songs and everything, it's so difficult to just pick one. I guess in the end it's all about the one that I could picture as the greatest Sesame Street clip of all time... and I think "Things That I Remember" covers that, since it features SO many GREAT Bert and Ernie clips. But... at the same time, "Monster in the Mirror" is one of my first memories of music--ANY music. ...Ugh! :stick_out_tongue: :super: :insatiable: