1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by theprawncracker, Oct 20, 2009.

1. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand that... but I can't tell you how much I LOVE that they're starting the 40th Season EXACTLY 40 years to the day from the premiere of the first episode. That's just SO great. :wisdom:
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is wonderful.

I'll admit though, I was kind of hoping they'd do something similar like they did with Season 35 (make the premiere a Sunday night special), but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers. I'm just thankful that SST's lasted this long, and hope it continues to last.
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decide what clip to vote on tomorrow when it's the 1990s... Assuming they'll be up to nominate, I can't decide if I should vote for ABCD Blue, Things That I Remember, or the waiter Grover sketch where Grover competes with another waiter.

It's a shame there's not any way to write-in votes for clips not on the site. What if somebody wants to vote for Squeal of Fortune or a Miami Mice sketch, but they aren't on the site by then and can't? Or if somebody wants to vote for Mad or I Want a Monster to Be My Friend, but can't vote for them due to not being on the site by then?
  4. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, voting for the best 1990s clip has begun, and only one of those three clips is nominated. So I voted for Things That I Remember.
  5. Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, I mean there ad thousands of clips, so their are only so many they have have to vote for. But I noticed they have forty clips from every decade, so I think that's a fair way to do it.
  6. BIGMuppetFan Member

They Don't have "Monster In the Mirror" in the 1990s or do they consider it 1980's?
  7. Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, I think the remake was in 1990.
  8. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I see "Monster in the Mirror" on there... *shrug*

It's going to be SO hard to pick a clip here! Sheesh! *starts watching*
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Man, I knew it was going to be SO HARD to choose! So many memories flooding back watching these videos, I wish there was another option - vote all, lol.

While most of the videos bring back happy memories, and I loved just about all of them, I was actually torn the most between Monster in the Mirror and "The King and I", because those are the two earliest I remember as kid, because they're on my Big Bird's Birthday, or Let Me Eat Cake tape, and I've had that since I was baby, so they've pretty much in my life all my life.

Ultimately, I think I'll have to go with "Monster in the Mirror", simply because Grover is pwnsome (though Cookie is too), and because I rully dug that song!
  10. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I'm having trouble deciding between three... "Things That I Remember," "Monster in the Mirror" and "The King and I." Ugh. This is SO hard! These are ALL such AWESOME sketches and songs and everything, it's so difficult to just pick one. I guess in the end it's all about the one that I could picture as the greatest Sesame Street clip of all time... and I think "Things That I Remember" covers that, since it features SO many GREAT Bert and Ernie clips. But... at the same time, "Monster in the Mirror" is one of my first memories of music--ANY music. ...Ugh! :p :super: :insatiable:
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Not only that, but the backstory to "Things That I Remember" was poignant as well, as that's when Norman Stiles was leaving the show after all those years.

Man, I feel like crying now... memory lane is so... *Gets misty eyed* nostalgic...
  12. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I know! ! I was feeling SO teary-eyed while watching "Things That I Remember." But... ultimately I voted for "Monster in the Mirror." Ernie and Bert deserve the spot just as much, but "Monster in the Mirror" is too classic not to pick.
  13. BIGMuppetFan Member

Thanks, I found Monster in the Mirror on there! :super: I know its going to be so hard to choose from all these!

I have the same Big Bird's Birthday Video, that my Parents taped off the TV when it aired there, it also included "New Way to Walk" :)

I also have a SST Special from the 1990s Staying Up Late, celebrate New Years Eve! :wisdom:

I am just so happy that SST is bringing out all these and some hidden Clips for this 40th, Brings back some great memories!
  14. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

To this day, I'm glad Sesame Workshop let me keep Big Bird's birthday posted on YouTube, when they could've very well demanded it be removed for copyright issues, like a lot of companies.

I guess SW's just cool like that.
  15. BIGMuppetFan Member

Yeah I am glad they let you keep it up also, I will now have to take a look at it when I have the time! :)
  16. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Man, there were so many great choices! Ultimately, I settled on "Things That I Remember".
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I kind of wish they put "Things That I Remember" on the "Songs from the Street" set... but maybe if there's a 40th anniversary CD set, they might put it on that one, I dunno.
  18. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It is possible to vote for multiple clips. I'm trying my best to be honest and vote once. But there is a "vote again" button.

For these decade votes, I wonder what decade Sesame Workshop considers skits from the 1969/1970, 1979/1980, 1989/1990, and 1999/2000 seasons to be from. I wodner if season 1 clips will be included within the 1970s votes (otherwise I guess I'll have to settle for "greatest clip of all-time" to vote for a seaosn 1 clip... Assuming those votes aren't just for what gets the highest votes from each decade).
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here, lol.

Nice to see though that "Monster in the Mirror" is coming in strong this week... Wayne Brady's "Between" song wasn't so much last week, but it was still my choice anyway, lol.
  20. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Me, too. When I recently wrote my "top ten unreleased Sesame Street songs" article for The Muppet Mindset I had considered putting that song on the list. But since that song's from around 1997 and there haven't been many new Sesame Street audio releases (and I don't mean reissues) since around then I left it out of the list. But I hope it appears on the upcoming two-disc 40th anniversary set. In my opinion the only thing lacking is clips from the first season (though the people at Sesame Workshop seem to think that the version of Rubber Duckie shown is from the first season).