Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Bad news guys...

I recently e-mailed the fine folks at Black Dog and Leventhal about the release date and they gave me this information:
I’m sorry for the confusion you’ve encountered. The original publication of this book was October 2008, but it has been delayed to October 2009. This was a recent decision so some online booksellers’ systems have not yet been updated.
I can understand a delay but changing the date less than two months before the book is due out seems a bit odd, no? :smirk:

zns

Reaction score
Now I am very angry about this. First they delay the Fraggle Rock book that was supposed to come out in September, now this? I just cannot believe that they changed this at the very last minute. What's worse is that a number of people (not counting myself) have already pre-ordered the book. This is so dissapointing because this was the one thing that I wanted the most for Christmas. :mad::mad::mad:

zns

Reaction score
Well it's been one day now since I made a post on this thread and I've cooled down a bit. Sorry if I sounded harsh and hateful. The good thing about this though is that we have another book to look forward to on the day after Christmas is "Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street". Has any info about that book been given yet? Do they have any cover art?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I thought is was a little odd releasing a 40th anniversary book during season 39. maybe we can get a little more about the show in the book.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Now I am very angry about this. First they delay the Fraggle Rock book that was supposed to come out in September, now this? I just cannot believe that they changed this at the very last minute. What's worse is that a number of people (not counting myself) have already pre-ordered the book. This is so dissapointing because this was the one thing that I wanted the most for Christmas. :mad::mad::mad:
Hey zns I hear you.I definetly understand how you feel.I'm among the many people who preordered this book.Now I feel ripped off.But like you said,at least we still have the other book"Street Gang"to look forward to.

zns

Reaction score
Well, "Street Gang" does look like it is going to be a comprehensive book, yet we still haven't gotten any new info on it since the announcement was first made a few months ago. Amazon.com still dosn't have any description about it yet. I guess we'll have to email the publishers about that one as well. :smirk:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, "Street Gang" does look like it is going to be a comprehensive book, yet we still haven't gotten any new info on it since the announcement was first made a few months ago. Amazon.com still dosn't have any description about it yet. I guess we'll have to email the publishers about that one as well. :smirk:
Well, if there was any more confusion with that book we could have had news by now, I still think it's on for a December 26 release.

Geez, the end of the year is really turning into a bit of a let-down.

zns

Reaction score
It's just a book and it will be out sometime, right? :confused:
Yes it will be out one year from it's original release date. Let's try to remember now that patience is a virtue. :wisdom:

zns

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm a little confused. I just got an email saying that ErnieandTelly replied saying that the book might be available at local stores and libraries. I also checked the B&N website, and they still say that the book will be released on October 1st of this year. Is it still scheduled for now or next year is what I want to know. We need to get specific information. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.