Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm totally fine with this being pushed back. I pre-ordered it myself, but considering I have a lot of financial obligations lately, it's one less thing for me to pay for right now which I'm cool with.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure this book is definitely coming out in october 2009.

what i really want to see is a companion dvd set...

zns

Reaction score
Well I went to my local B&N this morning and asked the lady at the information desk about the release date. She said that it is scheduled for October 1 2008. So let's wait it out and see what happens that day.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I recently e-mailed the fine folks at Black Dog and Leventhal about the release date and they gave me this information:

I can understand a delay but changing the date less than two months before the book is due out seems a bit odd, no? :smirk:
I think that they would want it to strike with the REAL SS 40th season next year.

zns

Reaction score
I think that they would want it to strike with the REAL SS 40th season next year.
Yes, but "Sesame Street Unpaved" was released a year before the shows official 30th anniversary. Anyway, I went to my local B&N and pre-ordered it, so I'll wait and see if anything happens this Wednsday.

zns

Reaction score
I just looked at the publishers website. The book is listed on their recent releases page, so I'm not sure what that means as of right now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking, wouldn't it be great if this book came with a bonus anniversary CD-Rom? It could have the following stuff:

Coloring Pages
Not really that interesting, but the pages could be illustrated recreations of various scenes, and also include obscure characters like Bruno and Leslie Mostly.

Games
  • Trivia Game - an anniversary game (I don't care if it's all stuff found in the book or not) that can unlock clips from the first week of the show.
  • Name That Tune - Featuring instrumental tracks of various songs for people to guess. A complete score of 100 percent can unlock audio (with lyrics) from all of the songs. There could be three types of play: Beginner, which includes the theme song, Ruber Duckie, Sing, Bein' Green, C is for Cookie, and I Love Trash, expert, which includes the previous songs plus Put Down the Duckie, Do De Rubber Duck, Telephone Rock, Healthy Food, Because We're Friends, This Frog, and Things That I Remember, and Super Expert, featuring all previous tunes plus Proud of Me, I'm square, We Coulda, My Pollywog Ways, A Song From Kermit, Boy From Indiana, Admiral Bird, The Trash Can, Best friends Blues, Write It Down, and You Tickle Me.
  • Name That Character - images of characters to guess, includign Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Guy Smiley, Roosevelt Franklin, Mr. Johnson, Bruno, Murray, Forgetful Jones, The Count, Cookie Monster, Grover, Herry, Telly, Elmo, Oscar, Abby, Zoe, Hoots, Colambo, Ingrid, Humphrey, Merry, Aristotle, and Sam the Robot. Correctly guessing all of them can unlock the two Sesame Street trailers that played at Sony Theaters.

Video Clips
A number of interviews recorded for the release and behind the scenes clips can be found, as well as a selection of clips from various international versions of the show. There can also be rare clips from This Way to Sesame Street, the five test pilots, Out to Lunch, Julie on Sesame Street, and the original ending to the pitch reel.

In addition, there should be a number of segments from the show. This would be a good list:
  • Kermit guesses from clues
  • Henson #1 (if it's on the upcoming 40th anniversary DVD like I hope, then #9 or an uncut #5)
  • Jazz #3
  • The People in Your Neighborhood (any version from the first season)
  • Rubber Duckie (either the first or second season version; I am hoping that the original is on the upcoming 40th anniversary DVD)
  • "Same Sound Brown" by Roosevelt Franklin
  • The Trading Game
  • The Sound of the Letter A
  • C is for Cookie
  • Eleven Cheer
  • Sesame Street News: The Count counts three little pigs
  • The Count orders hot dogs at Grover's restaraunt
  • My Pollywog Ways
  • Sad
  • If I Was a Cloud in the Sky
  • Two-Headed Monster: HONK
  • Monsterpeice Theater: Me, Claudias
  • I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me
  • Kermit and Forgetful Jones: telephone demonstration
  • The American Revolution: National Bird
  • Elmo and Whoopi Goldberg: Fur, Skin, and Hair
  • Prairie Dawn's recycling pageant
  • Super Grover: Superhero School
  • Bert and Ernie: What's the Name of That Song?
  • Alphaquest: S
  • Do the Benny Hop
  • Don't Know Y
  • I Love Words

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking, wouldn't it be great if this book came with a bonus anniversary CD-Rom? It could have the following stuff:

Coloring Pages
Not really that interesting, but the pages could be illustrated recreations of various scenes, and also include obscure characters like Bruno and Leslie Mostly.

Games
  • Trivia Game - an anniversary game (I don't care if it's all stuff found in the book or not) that can unlock clips from the first week of the show.
  • Name That Tune - Featuring instrumental tracks of various songs for people to guess. A complete score of 100 percent can unlock audio (with lyrics) from all of the songs. There could be three types of play: Beginner, which includes the theme song, Ruber Duckie, Sing, Bein' Green, C is for Cookie, and I Love Trash, expert, which includes the previous songs plus Put Down the Duckie, Do De Rubber Duck, Telephone Rock, Healthy Food, Because We're Friends, This Frog, and Things That I Remember, and Super Expert, featuring all previous tunes plus Proud of Me, I'm square, We Coulda, My Pollywog Ways, A Song From Kermit, Boy From Indiana, Admiral Bird, The Trash Can, Best friends Blues, Write It Down, and You Tickle Me.
  • Name That Character - images of characters to guess, includign Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Guy Smiley, Roosevelt Franklin, Mr. Johnson, Bruno, Murray, Forgetful Jones, The Count, Cookie Monster, Grover, Herry, Telly, Elmo, Oscar, Abby, Zoe, Hoots, Colambo, Ingrid, Humphrey, Merry, Aristotle, and Sam the Robot. Correctly guessing all of them can unlock the two Sesame Street trailers that played at Sony Theaters.

Video Clips
A number of interviews recorded for the release and behind the scenes clips can be found, as well as a selection of clips from various international versions of the show. There can also be rare clips from This Way to Sesame Street, the five test pilots, Out to Lunch, Julie on Sesame Street, and the original ending to the pitch reel.

In addition, there should be a number of segments from the show. This would be a good list:
  • Kermit guesses from clues
  • Henson #1 (if it's on the upcoming 40th anniversary DVD like I hope, then #9 or an uncut #5)
  • Jazz #3
  • The People in Your Neighborhood (any version from the first season)
  • Rubber Duckie (either the first or second season version; I am hoping that the original is on the upcoming 40th anniversary DVD)
  • "Same Sound Brown" by Roosevelt Franklin
  • The Trading Game
  • The Sound of the Letter A
  • C is for Cookie
  • Eleven Cheer
  • Sesame Street News: The Count counts three little pigs
  • The Count orders hot dogs at Grover's restaraunt
  • My Pollywog Ways
  • Sad
  • If I Was a Cloud in the Sky
  • Two-Headed Monster: HONK
  • Monsterpeice Theater: Me, Claudias
  • I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me
  • Kermit and Forgetful Jones: telephone demonstration
  • The American Revolution: National Bird
  • Elmo and Whoopi Goldberg: Fur, Skin, and Hair
  • Prairie Dawn's recycling pageant
  • Super Grover: Superhero School
  • Bert and Ernie: What's the Name of That Song?
  • Alphaquest: S
  • Do the Benny Hop
  • Don't Know Y
  • I Love Words
In addition to all that, it'd be great if such a CD-rom would include video tributes. This would be my line-up:
  • Jim Henson, featuring the following clips: Ernie and Bert in the rain, Sesame Street News: Cookie Monster's first day of school, The Triangle is Right, Everybody's Song, Henson #6, Queen of Six, Bad Bart searches for Marshall Earp, Henson Computer #10, and Do De Rubber Duck.
  • Richard Hunt, featuring: Forgetful Jones in High 12, Two-Headed Monster: sleep or play trumpet, Biff and Sully move a piano, Don Music's Alphabet Song, Beginning, Middle, End, Leo the Party Monster: Party Line, The Bathtub of Seville, Proud to be a Cow, one of Richard Hunt's performances as Elmo, and an Aristotle appearance.
  • Jeff Moss, featuring the following songs: Rubber Duckie, Mountain of Love, Things That I Remember, and You and You and me.
  • Joe Raposo, featuring: I'm an Aardvark, ABC-DEF-GHI, Bein' Green with Lena Horne, I'm Pretty, C is for Cookie, and Sing.

And also a Will Lee tribute, and maybe tributes for Matt Robinson, Northern Calloway, and Bill McCutchen.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tough Pigs currently has some sample pages available for viewing. How awesome! I've learned quite a bit of information that I hadn't previously known! I never would have guessed that Martin Robinson isn't actually the voice of Slimey (I forget who it says the voice is). There are images of some obscure characters like Warren Wolf and Bruno. The book also has pictures from the sktis where Kermit has Grover read "yes" and "no" signs (images haven't surfaced on Muppet Wiki, though the sketches are described). And the book mentions what Jim Henson's last inserts are.

And it'll include a bonus DVD featuring the first episode (so I guess we'll be double-dipping...) and more (I wonder what the more is.'s bonus clips.. I hope it). Interesting that I thought a CD-rom would be good, only to get a DVD.

zns

Reaction score
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! This is definately something I am going to be putting on my Christmas list. If there is going to be a review on Muppet Central when it is released, it will definately deserve five Kermits. :smile::smile::smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.