Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It looks awesome! My main problem is the covers. They look like a really bad Photoshop project.

zns

Reaction score
It looks awesome! My main problem is the covers. They look like a really bad Photoshop project.
I don't think that the cover looks bad at all. In fact, I noticed that they redid it with newer images as well as the inclusion of Murray Monster, Leela, and Bip Bipodotta. This is definately a fantastic read and looks better than "Sesame Street Unpaved" was in 1998.

matleo

Reaction score
The book looks awesome but I have to agree on the poorly photoshopped cover. Aside from that this looks like it'll be awesome and yes, way more in depth than the unpaved book.

--Matt

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since the book mentions the last day Jim Henson spent on the set and his last recorded segments, I wonder if the same will be done for Richard Hunt.

I wonder what else will be on the bonus DVD, besides the first episode. It would be good if it contained bonus segments that get represented somehow in the book. Maybe a new documentary, similar to the ones on the Fraggle Rock sets, or even the Sesame Street Unpaved documentary.

But if Sesame Street Unpaved isn't included, it would be great if the DVD could have a section of bonus clips labled "Sesame Street's Most groundbreaking Moments", including Mr. Hooper's death, Buffy breastfeeding Cody, the cast meeting Snuffleupagus, Luis and Maria's wedding, Gabbi's birth, Slimey landing on the moon, and some selections from the hurricane episodes. Although probably not "groundbreaking", it would also be nice to see clips from the epsiode where Big Bird starts the Birdkateers club.

It would also be good to include some inserts that have some historical significance, such as character introductions or character development, but that might be hard for us to determine enough to put in a wishlist.

Aside from the "groundbreaking moments" feature, it would be great to have bonus segments arranged like this:

Sesame Street's Greatest Hits (this time I just won't specify any versions)
Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, What's the Name of That Song? Sing, Somebody Come and Play, Bein' Green, The People in Your Neighborhood, I Don't Want to Live on the Moon, Everyone Likes Ice Cream, La La La, This Frog, Pinball Number Count #6, Elmo's Song, A Cookie is a Sometimes Food, and Because We're Friends.

Selections From the First Week (in addition to the first episode)
Susan teaches Big Bird how to turn an E into an S, Bert and Ernie's Banana Phone, Jazz #3, Clay E, Buddy and Jim: Falling Picture, Oscar Runs Away, I Enjoy Being a Girl, and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Animation and Film
Henson Computer #4, Suzie Kabloozie: Every Kitty Sleeps, Raisin Army, The Alligator King, Teeny Little Superguy: Sleep, Typewriter: R-rope, Q candles, Cecille: Up Down In Out, Funny Farm, Bellhop #8, Pretty Baby, Mad Painter #7, and Alphaboy: N.

Muppet Favorites
Ernie breaks the flower pot, Kermit and Grover: NO, Big Bird's Home Movies, Abby Makes a Doll, Foods We Eat, Sesame Street News: Co-operation with Telly, Monsterpeice Theater: Fiddler on the Roof, X Marks the Spot, Grover's Chicken Retsaurant, This is Your Story, Biff and Sully: The Alphabet, Kermit and Oscar: Bus Stop, Kids with Wings, Snuffy and Barkley at the park, and The Sesame Street Open.

ANd maybe as an easter egg the DVD can contain Jim Henson's unaired "Seven Monsters" cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.