1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street at the Daytime Emmy Awards

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Aug 30, 2009.

1. VoiceChaser

VoiceChaser New Member

Ah hah! I didn't realize that was her... Thanks! :wisdom:
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I really think it was a great achievement, and it was great he got that award... but it seemed that the Emmy producers didn't think that was half as important as talking to every single soap star about their favorite brand of commercial advertised project or whatever. The whole production was a circus that year. No wonder they dumped it on the CW.
  3. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Oscarfan, you're the greatest!
  4. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I just watched the youtube video and I was tearing up the entire time. It was very very cute and I loved how the audience stood the whole time, sang along, and loved every minute of it. I do admit I wished Grover and Bert and Ernie would have been there but I still thought it was a very nice tribute.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Heh, I agree, I don't think her little show has contributed much to society. ;)
  6. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I'm working on a review/analysis of the 36th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards for The Muppet Mindset. For those who can't wait for it to come out to check off how well Henson/Sesame did this year in terms of the awards, here's a rundown...

Sid the Science Kid did not win either of the two awards it was up for (Outstanding Children's Animated Program and Outstanding Achievement In Main Title and Graphic Design)

As we all know, Sesame Street was honored with a Lifetime Achievement award (as is this award's nature, there was no competitors running against them)

Sesame Street was nominated for, but did not win:
    -Outstanding Pre-School Children's series
    -Outstanding Original Song - Children's and Animation (three songs were in the running: "Elmo's Ducks", "I Don't Wanna Be a Prince" and "The Addition Expedition")
    -Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction
    -Outstanding Achievement in Music Direction and Composition
    -Outstanding Achievement in Technical Direction/Electronic Camera/Video
    -Outstanding Writing in a Children's Series

Sesame added trophies to their mantle (assuming Cookie didn't eat them first) for:
    -Outstanding Directing in a Children's Series
    -Outstanding Achievement in Costume Design/Styling
    -New Approaches - Daytime Children's Entertainment
    -Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series: Kevin Clash (also nominated were Leslie Carrera-Rudolph, Chris Knowings, and Martin P. Robinson)

Also just to clarify a point raised in this thread, the Daytime Emmys were not "dumped on" CW. The CW Network jumped in to rescue the awards ceremony when it looked like they were going to lose out on a television broadcast this year. For those who believe that the ceremony should be allowed the dignity of a television airing, they should be thanking CW for stepping up to the plate (this was literally a "last-minute" save hence the two month delay from its usual June airing) While ratings were lower than last year's, it was a personal ratings success for CW and ABC has expressed interest in picking up next year's ceremony - though CW is given first chance at approval.
  7. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

As the Count, :batty:, would say....That's 2...2 eaten awards that Cookie has eaten. Ah, ah, ah!

Thunder comes in along with the lighting.

Something tells me we better update Cookie's Wiki entery. :insatiable:
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I thought the overall presentation was very well done. I would just have liked to have seen some more Muppets. Especially Bert and Ernie.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

What did win, out of curiosity?

That's pretty... odd to hear. I don't understand why they put it in the middle of mid-season replacements when no one's really watching. No wonder they had to make it a circus that year I've complained about.
  10. zns

zns Active Member

With that kind of response, it is quite obvious that Sesame Street is going to be around for a very long well. Maybe not forever, but it will most likely be there for the next generation of kids and parents. :)
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

It seems to me the reason Bert and Ernie weren't there were probably because Eric Jacobson and Steve Whitmire couldn't make it. If you notice, every other main performer was there with one of their characters.
  12. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

The same thing could have been said about Jerry Nelson and the Count, since he would have loved to count everyone there. :batty:
  13. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

Then Cookie monster eats the award! I hope they will replace one that cookie monster ate!
  14. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

When did The Muppet Mindset come into existence? I have obviously been missing something.
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Haha it's a very new blog started by me a week ago (to the day! Woot!) You haven't really missed too much. But now you know! :D
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Fantastic pictures, Newsflash!

Fantastic article, Mindset!

Fantastic awards, Emmy!

Fantastic performers, Sesame Street!

Fantastic costumes, performers!

...it's all fantastic then :p
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

And knowing is half the batt... Oops, wrong show. :p ;)
  20. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

It's a great idea if you asked me as it does give an in-depth look at the gang's Emmy appearance. :insatiable: