Sesame Street Figure Pics Here

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Cup of Tea???

So would your Cup of Tea analogy, in relation to the topic, be a Barbie set with Fraggle themes??? Maybe Skipper comes with a shoddily produced mini-PVC of Gobo, and a Barbie comes with Red and Mokey... And then some little baby-kid comes with Wembley??? That would amount to a cup of tea for me, as far as action figures go.

Personally I think these would be like getting the chocolate cake at Portillos after a really great cheezy-beef and large shake. So the Muppets would be the beef, the accessories woudl be the bun and peppers-and even the juice... The shake would be the cool packaging and the garbage would be the hunt for these figures... The straw for the shake would be the driving...

OK< that was alot of representation, but I feel these figs will compliment the Muppets line. Palisades has offered the perfect product for their ideal target audience. Their figs look great in a package for the collectors, out on a desk in an office if you just want Gonzo or Fozzie, or in a massive collection that takes up an entire bookshelf (with my extended collection that covers several nearly compatable lines) and most of a dresser.

The SST figs are geared towards THIER target audience with something extra and some fine consideration shot toward the collector as well.

PS< Fozzie, that's a GREAT new avatar, although I will always miss "Shower Fozzie" the most. :stick_out_tongue:

Josh.

WiGgY

Reaction score
So when will Ernie and Grover be shown? Anyone?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
So would your Cup of Tea analogy, in relation to the topic, be a Barbie set with Fraggle themes??? Maybe Skipper comes with a shoddily produced mini-PVC of Gobo, and a Barbie comes with Red and Mokey... And then some little baby-kid comes with Wembley??? That would amount to a cup of tea for me, as far as action figures go.

Personally I think these would be like getting the chocolate cake at Portillos after a really great cheezy-beef and large shake. So the Muppets would be the beef, the accessories woudl be the bun and peppers-and even the juice... The shake would be the cool packaging and the garbage would be the hunt for these figures... The straw for the shake would be the driving...

OK< that was alot of representation, but I feel these figs will compliment the Muppets line. Palisades has offered the perfect product for their ideal target audience. Their figs look great in a package for the collectors, out on a desk in an office if you just want Gonzo or Fozzie, or in a massive collection that takes up an entire bookshelf (with my extended collection that covers several nearly compatable lines) and most of a dresser.

The SST figs are geared towards THIER target audience with something extra and some fine consideration shot toward the collector as well.
Agreed totally... I don't get the meal anmalogy at all... What the heck was the meal? :stick_out_tongue:

What I must say is I do not find a SINGLE thing wrong wirth this toy line at all, given all the variables. I mean, they've made a compromise between Puppet and cartoon, and a compromise between older collectors and little kids, the very same target audience of SS. I mean, we haven't seen the final product yet... just semi finished pieces with a dead on view on the internet... I've seen a lot of things turn out much better, and I feel these will be very good... not great, but not as bad as evedryone else sees them. I just feel people who pay the same for the Simpsons line for a Homer varient are pretty hypocritical about these decisions. I mean, They will improve. They won't be Palisades quality, but they won't be as bad as everyone thinks. Sorry iof I sound rude or anything, but these opinions are ruining the line for me, and I REALLY want these....

WiGgY

Reaction score
So where are the pics of Grover and Ernie and the letters?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Yesterday I emailed the people at Fun-4-All to ask them where the pictures were and I asked them if they could email me pictures of the revised Ernie, Grover, and the letters. I have not gotten a response yet, but I will let you know if they do send me anything...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I will say one thing, however... for those who are unsure of the line, and don't really want to pay 10 bucks for an action figure, the cheaper alternative would be the SS 3-D animator puppets... they cost around 5 bucks a peice, and the first set will (ironically) have most of the S2 characters (Guy Smiley and Big Birds) I may be swayed to collect these instead due to my monitary situation...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
SS 3-D??? What the...!?!?!

So what is the deal with these figs/ line??? Got a link or something??? Cause I can at least take a look at them... I wanted to get one set of SS figs for me and one set of SS figs for my nephews... But that's alot of dough. So at the very least this 3-D thing might work.. Hmmm...

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Agreed totally... I don't get the meal anmalogy at all... What the heck was the meal? :stick_out_tongue:
So much for me being clever....

I guess I feel satisifed with my fill of Palisades Muppet figures, and while the idea of Sesame Street sounds good, these don't warrant the expense or shelf-space.

Not that they're bad, they're just not good enough tohook me. If they were awesome I'd buy them, but they're average, so I won't. I will continue to look at the little plastic faces similing up at me form my desk with no feeling of emptiness because there isn't Ernie amongst them...

And after seeing Ernie, I think I will actually be happy that he is not amongst them.

Gonna shut up now.

- Derek

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Sorry Sharpener...

SOrry dude, I wasnt' TOTALLY busting your chops... I jsut got on a positivity rut there for a bit (SO unlike me) and wanted to bring some happiness to the board. NOt that there isn't any usually, but the whole SS toy thing is kinda down on it's luck or something.

I see totally what you're getting at and totally got your analogy (and laughed out loud) but I don't like Tea. That was my point. Just goofing back.

Hope I didn't make anyone too unhappy or uncomfy