Sesame Street films

maxdrive

Reaction score
I always like the one that had Maria and Jeena singing the song about the word no :sing:

maxdrive

Reaction score
i jsut remebered some films i loved you dont see them any more the tinny winny super guy those were great the plastic cup super hero helping out everyone in the house

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there were these 2 different mikey films 1 were and annoucers says monkeys make funny noises. and another where you see ones in a tree and this music. don't know if it was a french horn or some other kind of instrument and the sound of drums as well.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
here's .

the train films. wich i found out at YL on another part of the board was filmed on the Long Island RR. rememeber the song to it? the sound on the train, you can hear the rolling wheels on the train. i've wonder who sung the song and i think it was Tom Paxton. he was a folk singer like Buffy St. Marie and Judy Collins. heard 1 song by him on 1 of the internet stations i listen to can't rememebr what it was called. i think he also did songsa couple of Electric Company films. 1 that showed people ice skating and went like take a ride and had words like glide slides. another film for that show was a film of a theme park at night. don't remember how that 1 went.

SesameMike

Reaction score
The train film

Oh yes, the train film. The soundtrack was an electric piano which mostly repeated the same flowing musical phrase.

"Riding, on the train
You can hear (feel?) the rolling wheels of the train.

Rapid Transit Trains go there
Dongan Hills to Union Square
Buy your tickets, at the station
Waiting for those good, vibrations

Riding, on the train
You can see out the window of the train

The A-train, B-train, Double-C
Takes you where you want to be
Ride a local or express
There's no difference, each, is best
Each is best."

It took me a long time to figure out where "Dongan Hills" was. Turns out it's a station stop on the Staten Island Rapid Transit. Of course, you can't take a train from there to Union Square like the song implies, not without taking the Staten Island Ferry as a connection at least. All they showed for Union Square was a vintage black-on-yellow Manhattan street sign.

The double-C, or CC train, I think used to refer to the express on the C-train. I do not believe the NYCTA still uses double letters.