Sesame Street films

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that was actually on video probably made by the muppet staff and Jerry Nelson was narrating this 1.

Ziffel

Reaction score
There were some farm animal films too. I remember one was showing animals while some peculiar music played. After a little while the music ends. Then we hear sounds the animals make (like sheep bahhhing, pigs grunting, and a dog barking). When I was in kindergarten (1972-1973) the teacher showed this film on one of those old projectors with the big film reels. I knew every part that was coming, having seen it at home on television several times. At the time I was pleasantly surprised that we got to watch some Sesame Street in school, but maybe this film predated Sesame Street.
Then there was one with a catchy song about the proverbial question,"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" Much of the film showed the production process of eggs in cartons, from what I recall.
And one I don't remember too well except for the beginning showed a man riding a tractor. A man starts out humming something like, "Bum bidda bum bidda bum bidda bum bidda lum bum bum bum." Then he starts singing with, "Roosters live on the farm.." After that I draw a blank as to the specifics, but I imagine it continued to take place on a farm.
I'm sure there were other farm animal ones. One I am extremely vague on started out with a man saying, "Milk. Did you know milk comes from a cow?"
Then I think it showed a cow being milked. Not sure, though, if the film focused on cows or on the production of milk (from the cow to the grocery store in containers).

Ziffel

Reaction score
One other film I saw several times in the early 70's, was about sounds. I think it was two unseen girls talking about all the different sounds there are in our world. One girl sounded around age 10-12 and the other about 8. At the end of the clip, a lake or pond is shown with trees all around and we hear lots of birds chirping. The older girl says, "There are so many sounds." The younger one asks, "Is silence a sound?" The older one replies, "I don't know."
As a small child, that question had me quite baffled at the time! But guess it's less confusing than that old question, "If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
wonder if the writers had the ols Simon & Garfunkel song in mind when they won't in that last part?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah I didn't think of that song. Could very well be, especially considering that S&G song was released in 1970.
I remember they used that late 60's song by Tiny Tim, "Tip Toe Through the Tulips." That was in a cartoon where the man says, "A...Ape." And then in the box above him an ape appears playing a banjo and starts singing the song.
I also recall them using the great music from the movie "The Sting." And great music from "2001: A Space Odyssey" was used in The Electric Company but can't recall for sure if SS did too.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Father & Daughter riding the bus.

don't think this 1 was mentioned. a man and his daughter gets on the bus and she looks out the window and says the same of every sore, building object whatever. what's so funny about this 1 is the man looks like Jum Henson though i'm not sure it was him because he sounded a little bit different was it him?

Mokeystar

Reaction score
No, it wasn't Jim---- although the man kinda looked like him.

One thing that always stood out in my mind about this clip is that the bus drives by a movie theater with a sign announcing that the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" being played there. So, with that clue, I guess we could safely assume this clip was from 1975. :smile:

Censored

Reaction score
Mokeystar said:
No, it wasn't Jim---- although the man kinda looked like him.

One thing that always stood out in my mind about this clip is that the bus drives by a movie theater with a sign announcing that the movie "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" being played there. So, with that clue, I guess we could safely assume this clip was from 1975. :smile:

Yeah, the little girls asks her father if that was the movie he took her to see. He tells her no, that it was another. I would certainly hope so. LOL