Sesame Street films

mikebennidict

Reaction score
spilled milk film.

a boy spills some milk, don't know if it was on purpose or not but the mom asks how it happened and he says, a machine of some sort did it, a baseball knocked it over, a heard of elephants, and possibly something else. finally he admit he did it.) (

FshyFshyFshy

Reaction score
denimalex said:
The I beam film is a classic. I remember seeing this several times as a kid and thought that it was pretty neat, but the general consensus seems to say that it was kind of scary.
Wow, all these years I thought I was the only one scared of that film! :stick_out_tongue:

The films that come most readily to my mind are:

(1) Little girl takes her pet Llama to the vet to get his teeth cleaned

(2) Little girl has lost her dog and goes to a printer who to make fliers for her and you get to watch him put the message together, letter by letter. At the end the girl is reunited with dog.

(3) I don't remember exact storyline behind it, I think it may have been talking about a parade...but there were some children talking to a police mounted on a horse in downtown NY who was watching the crowds during a parade.

(4) Children & mom are sitting in their car while car goes through carwash.

and as mentioned (5) the little girl and her father on the bus talking about the different places they see. This film along with the film of the lost dog, I have seen "updated" versions of them and am disappointed that they just don't show the originals anymore. :frown:

Ziffel

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
a boy spills some milk, don't know if it was on purpose or not but the mom asks how it happened and he says, a machine of some sort did it, a baseball knocked it over, a heard of elephants, and possibly something else. finally he admit he did it.) (
Oh yeah this is a real good one. I think he knocked over his milk on accident. He kept saying Actually it was this or that until he finally said, "Actually it was me." I enjoyed how it showed everything that he mentioned (like a gorilla and a baseball player) come in the kitchen and knock over the glass of milk.

ceecee

Reaction score
I just remembered the one about the quarter that gets painted yellow.

Someone drops a quarter which gets painted yellow because they are painting lines in a parking lot or somewhere. Then someone finds it and we watch as the quarter goes to various places and to various people.

I always thought that was neat.

SesameMike

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
a boy spills some milk, don't know if it was on purpose or not but the mom asks how it happened and he says, a machine of some sort did it, a baseball knocked it over, a herd of elephants, and possibly something else. finally he admits he did it.)
The boy knocked it over, sort in a spaced-out, not-knowing-what-he-was-doing mode. When the kid's mother asks how it happened, the boy said one thing after another, with a film clip to match:

-- "A robber". We see a crook with a mask knock over the glass, steal a sandwich, then disappear under the table.
-- "A big machine". We see a wrecking ball knock over the glass of milk as well as trash the rest of the kitchen. [Didn't ja get the evacuation notice, lady? Eminent domain says we can build this freeway bypass.]
-- "A gorilla". I actually don't remember this one, though someone else mentioned it. Did he come in through a closet?
-- "A baseball player". When he said that, I thought a slugger was going to come in and knock the glass over with a bat. Instead, we saw footage of a real baseball game, possible Major League. A loooong home run was hit, and we watch a uniformed player wander through the house to catch the ball. Oh yeah, the baseball knocks the glass over before it lands in his mitt. ["But you're not too close to the ball park!" he said. Last time I trust that real-estate agent."]
-- "Elephants". We see a trumpeting, thundering herd of elephants running alongside a woods. Cut to the kitchen, where the mini-earthquake produced by the pachyderms rattles the table enough to topple the glass.

Finally, the kid admits the spill was his own doing. Mom says she knew it all along, and tells the kid to clean up, then kisses him.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
telephone film.

i 1st saw this 1 in the late 70s. a boy is calling a friend of his and says hello and of course you can't hear him it's one of those no sound films but when his friend picks up her phone, he says hello the word appears above him and then this pink line travels through the wire from the phone through the telephone wires down the street to his friends house and the word hello appears above hear head. obviously they were trying to demonstrait how a phone works and what happenes when you talk into it. but it was certain a wierd film. there was song that went with it i won't relay the whole song but goes like, lying in bed. all alone. get to use the telephine. push the numbers, that is how to call someone, and say hello.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
swinging film.

shows the girl swinging and probably her though not singing on camrea singing swing up high. swing up free. nobody's going to swing as high as me. swing up high. swing up free. come and swing along with me.

Ziffel

Reaction score
fishermen

Oops I accidentally hit enter after I typed that one sentence! I just wanted to also add another film. I remember one in the early 70's about fishing. Showing how massive amounts of fish are caught on the boats by the fishermen with the huge nets overboard. I understand they don't fish with these huge nets anymore these days ( or at least not as often) because of concerns of injuring other sea creatures like dolphins. So it would probably be outdated today.