Sesame Street Friday closing credits

hooperdusty

Reaction score
Another "credits sequence" Friday ending...

Hi!

I think this was during the 1992-93 season, but I have the ending credits which has Big Bird counting walking all over some neighborhood, crossing the street, passing people. Not sure exactly what he was doing (playing hide and seek with somebody). The film had no sound (just the old Sesame Street ending theme playing over it), and I have no idea what Big Bird's destination was. Can anybody help?

ssetta

Reaction score
Actually, I can tell you all about that one! It was an alternate closing that was very rarely used. It was only used if it was a Friday show that was a rerun from 2 seasons back (which would have been the 1990-91 season), because back then, they were still using Barkley and the kids. They also used this alternate closing sometimes in 1993-94 if the episode was a repeat from 1991-92. As a matter of fact, I was actually REALLY HAPPY when they had this alternate ending with Big Bird and the kids. I mean, I know it wasn't the same as Barkley and the kids, but it was still the same type of old-style closing with those old-looking credits, with the old font style and everything, AND the old music! And I was really glad when they did use it, because there were also some episodes where they tacked on the new animated credits.

P.S. You actually HAVE an episode from the 1992-93 season with these credits? Which one is this?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
My 1993 (edited) copy of "CinderTelly" has those credits, and I know where they came from. Big Bird wanted to know how many steps it took to get from Sesame Street to Snuffy's cave. The footage used for the credits is from that episode.

P.S.: At one point he walks smack-dab into a tree. :smirk:

ssetta

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
My 1993 (edited) copy of "CinderTelly" has those credits, and I know where they came from. Big Bird wanted to know how many steps it took to get from Sesame Street to Snuffy's cave. The footage used for the credits is from that episode.

P.S.: At one point he walks smack-dab into a tree. :smirk:
WOW!!! Those were from an actual episode originally??!! When is that episode from?? Do you remember?! I wonder if Barkley and the kids was that way too!!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
ssetta said:
WOW!!! Those were from an actual episode originally??!! When is that episode from?? Do you remember?! I wonder if Barkley and the kids was that way too!!
I think it was from an early 90s episode.

The Barkley sequences was probably made just for the end credits, and not for any particular show.

ssetta

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
I think it was from an early 90s episode.

The Barkley sequences was probably made just for the end credits, and not for any particular show.
Do you remember which season? Somehow, I think it must be either Season 21, 22, or 23.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Yeah, sometime around those years. I think it was after 1989, but before 1993.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think it was probably from Season 20, because Andy told me he had no idea that was part of an episode originally. :wink: