Sesame Street music

Hays

Reaction score
Who you callin' antique!

Chris Cerf wasn't even around when I used to watch the show! (OK, maybe that brief period in college...):big_grin:

Mister Fred

Reaction score
TELEPHONE ROCK

I forgot about that song the Telephone Rock. That was real cool.
At the end of the song when the cop takes them to jail is a good lesson to teach kids not to play around with the Telephone.

I cannot stand that character with the colored round glasses and orange red hair, I think he's called Chrissy. I cannot stand him and those songs he sings with the other two or three guys like Exit, your alive, raise your hand, and what reading is all about. I would like to tape his mouth shut with ducktape. Keep him and his boys off sesame street.

Pino

Reaction score
I dont know alot aboput the SS cd´s, but I´ve noticed that the early cd´s where put together lika a big story and changed with songs.. I think that was wonderfull. But now we only have cd´s with only music...:rolleyes:

ssetta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mister Fred
I think alot of the old songs should be brought back as well as some of the old segments and films. Alot of the new stuff is not as good as the old stuff. What is wrong with bringing back that counting segment where the baker falls down at the end and spills all the cakes & pies. I think is funny and good for the kids to laugh at. I also really liked all the Don Music songs. Whatever happened to them. That teaches creativity in childrens minds and help them to make up songs of there own. Another good segement was all the segments with Simon Sound. I really liked those. All the sounds Simon makes teach kids to think of what that is. Some of the really old clips I would like to see brought back include two films; one where kids are trying to button there pajamas by themselfs and the other one is when a girl puts on her coat. I always liked many of the old stuff on there when I was a kid. My mom watched alot of sesame street with me and even sang along with some of the songs. Now that's a great loving parent example. One song she'd sing along to is that song about pockets (what do we do without pockets....pockets are perfectly fine). That is one song that has not been on for years and should be brought back for two reasons. First, it will teach kids what pockets are for and not, plus they won't put things in there underwear or sleeves like some of those old people do. Second is I want the words to the song. Does anyone know the words to the Whole Song?
If changes are not made soon to sesame street, I hate to say it, the show may go down the drain. Let's bring back some old stuff.
That's why I think they should have a DVD library! And I don't see why they can't! I think they should!

Hays

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong..

Just saw today's episode (the chess game one) for the first time; was the JTE Ernie & Bert "Wake Up" song new? It was great!

Since I took an almost 30-year hiatus from watching SS daily I never know which songs are really new, and which ones are just new to me! (Never heard "Don't Want to Live on the Moon" until my son was born!)

ssetta

Reaction score
This version of "Wake Up!" was new, but it was originally from about 1990, and it has been done several times. Lillian sang it, and I think Elmo did at one time. There was a 123 show from 1993 with Jamal and Angela singing it to Kayla, and I believe Gina sang it once in her day care center in 1996. And now Bert and Ernie did it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know this is not a song but ssetta I have a friend that had a favorite skit. I don't know what year its from but I'll try to remember what happens. Its where Ernie is scard and crawls in bed with Bert and then Bert screams at Erine because there's nothing to be afraid of. I don't know if thats the whole thing but I was wondering if you had a type of thing that tells what happened in the skit. If so could you send it to me? Thanks.

ssetta

Reaction score
Could it possibly be the "Imagination Song?"

Cheebo

Reaction score
The was a really great new song this season. It was by Ernie & Bert. I dont know the name but it was about a circle. Bert thought it was just a plain circle but ernie kept saying stuff what it looked like. It was a wonderful song.

ssetta

Reaction score
I liked it too! It was much like the old days! I really liked the last part where they both sang the verses at once. It was just like how they did "Breakfast Time" with Cookie, and "Naptime" with Bert? Remember those? They go back to the 70s.