Sesame Street music

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Actually, I kinda appreciate how they keep going back to classic songs now and again.

The karaoke show had People in Your Neighborhood and ABC-DEF-GHI, to name a few.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
song Everybody Needs a Little Helping.

I 1st heard this one in a 70s episode where David was taking care of the store. a muppet comes in for I don't remember his name those looks a lot like Harvey Kneeslapper. He's can't get hus jacket zipped and after david helps him they both sing a song which I mentioned above.

Soul H

Reaction score
Oh how I loved some of those songs:

Exit
Thinking of U
Soul H
Telephone Rock
8 Balls of Fur
Like the Way U Do
A Body Full of Rhythm
Me Lost Me Cookie At The Disco
Danger's No Stranger
Rebel L
This is My J, etc.

Then there were the not so favourite songs.

U Really Got A Hold On Me (shudder)
The Word Is No
Cereal Girl
Kids Just Love To Brush
Elmo's Off To School, etc.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I though Biff's J song was stupid but funny to watch. sings this is my J and loves it and if it was his girlfriend but it was so funny how the whisstle blows for lunchtime and the crain operator is careless and the J drops, probably breaking it and Sully's looking down shaking his head probably thinking how upest Biff will be when he gets back to work.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Believe it or not, when I was in kindergarten the teacher botched "ABC-DEF-GHI" by singing the individual letters--completely missing the point of the song, but how do you tell someone that when you're only four? ("Somewhere in the middle, it gets awful 'cue-are' to me"? Come on...)

ISNorden

Reaction score
Cool list, Soul H... here are my own picks for best and worst Sesame Songs:

The Good Stuff

1. Opening Theme Song (uncut, soft-shoe style)
2. Sing
3. Everyone Makes Mistakes
4. ABC-DEF-GHI
5. I Think That It Is Wonderful
6. African Alphabet (I know of at least two songs called by that name, but I'm talking about the one Kermit performed with several African-looking Muppets)
7. Would You Like to Buy an O?
8. Telephone Rock
9. (The Story of) Bert's Blanket
10. How Can I Tell You I Love You?

The Bad Stuff

1. Elmo's World Theme/Topic Song to 'Jingle Bells' (tied for first place)
2. X Marks the Spot (ominous-sounding music, mostly dangerous/scary examples...and THEN "xylophone" gets mentioned as an afterthought at the end!)
3. The Ten Commandments of Health (good idea to teach health rules, but some of the lyrics in-between are too hard for preschool kids!)
4. The Letter N (in the "NTV" parody sketch; out of tune and monotonous)
5. Danger's No Stranger (way too many 'silly' dangers mentioned...)
6. Kids Just Love to Brush (come on, if children loved cleaning their teeth then a song about it wouldn't really be necessary!)
7. That's What Friends Are For (Ernie's "You are sleeping, really sleeping" verse makes me glad MY friends don't wake me up with loud music!)
8. Wet Paint (by How Now Brown and the Moo Wave; it shows what wet paint is, but not why kids shouldn't touch it)
9. I Wanna Hold Your Ear (at least, the song contains those lyrics; seeing the singer's Muppet girlfriend dismantled gave me the creeps! :eek: )
10. U Really Got a Hold On Me (Muppetized letters are bad enough, but seeing one act oversexed and clingy...yuck!)

frewt

Reaction score
hey people I loved (and still love actually)...the song with the little bird in the park, kermit meets the bird and she starts singing.....

"mom's tree is over there, back there id daddy's tree, they live in different places but they both love me"
------------
and i also love.....
the one with the kids living in diff places....

"no matter wot your house is like, where ever it may be, it'll always be ah home sweet home, for kids like you and meeeeeeeeeee"

Erine81981

Reaction score
frewt said:
hey people I loved (and still love actually)...the song with the little bird in the park, kermit meets the bird and she starts singing.....

"mom's tree is over there, back there id daddy's tree, they live in different places but they both love me"
------------
and i also love.....
the one with the kids living in diff places....

"no matter wot your house is like, where ever it may be, it'll always be ah home sweet home, for kids like you and meeeeeeeeeee"
Oh how I loved that song. You just brought back one of my fondest memories. I used to sing that song everytime they showed it.

frewt

Reaction score
now I can't stop remembering these songs.....

"my name is jack and jill, my name is amanda sue, my name is kareem abdul, my name is youuuuuu.........we all sing with the same voice, the same song, the same voice, we all sing with the same voice and we sing in harmonyyyyy"

Soul H

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
Cool list, Soul H... here are my own picks for best and worst Sesame Songs:

The Good Stuff

1. Opening Theme Song (uncut, soft-shoe style)
2. Sing
3. Everyone Makes Mistakes
4. ABC-DEF-GHI
5. I Think That It Is Wonderful
6. African Alphabet (I know of at least two songs called by that name, but I'm talking about the one Kermit performed with several African-looking Muppets)
7. Would You Like to Buy an O?
8. Telephone Rock
9. (The Story of) Bert's Blanket
10. How Can I Tell You I Love You?

The Bad Stuff

1. Elmo's World Theme/Topic Song to 'Jingle Bells' (tied for first place)
2. X Marks the Spot (ominous-sounding music, mostly dangerous/scary examples...and THEN "xylophone" gets mentioned as an afterthought at the end!)
3. The Ten Commandments of Health (good idea to teach health rules, but some of the lyrics in-between are too hard for preschool kids!)
4. The Letter N (in the "NTV" parody sketch; out of tune and monotonous)
5. Danger's No Stranger (way too many 'silly' dangers mentioned...)
6. Kids Just Love to Brush (come on, if children loved cleaning their teeth then a song about it wouldn't really be necessary!)
7. That's What Friends Are For (Ernie's "You are sleeping, really sleeping" verse makes me glad MY friends don't wake me up with loud music!)
8. Wet Paint (by How Now Brown and the Moo Wave; it shows what wet paint is, but not why kids shouldn't touch it)
9. I Wanna Hold Your Ear (at least, the song contains those lyrics; seeing the singer's Muppet girlfriend dismantled gave me the creeps! :eek: )
10. U Really Got a Hold On Me (Muppetized letters are bad enough, but seeing one act oversexed and clingy...yuck!)
I've been waiting endlessly to hear somebody say they didn't like "U Really Got A Hold on Me"! Thank you friend you have made my day.