Sesame Street pictures from SDCC

scooter289

Reaction score
I'm sorta suprised nobody mentioned this on the forum. But there are some pictures of the Sesame Street figures at mwctoys.com, they feature Series 1 as well as some pictures of Big Bird and a "little suprise"! Anyway here's the link, enjoy!

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2005_sesame.htm

That Announcer

Reaction score
Pretty good looking figures, but a couple of disappointments. The pupils in Ernie's eyes are a tad too far north for my taste (didn't they have the same problem with Rowlf?) and Big Bird's head looks flattish. Other than that, I love 'em! Guy Smiley looks pretty good, THM looks like himself... themselves... what is it?, and the standout is Oscar.

MWoO

Reaction score
The heads on the THM are are the wrong sides.

Ernie is an early prototype, they all are.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oscar particularily looks awesome, for me. ^_^ So when will they start being sold to the public, anyone know? I have no muppet ones, but I'd splurge on an Oscar, Grover or Big Bird easily.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
AHHHHH!!!!! BIG BIRD!!!!!! AND LITTLE BIRD!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing work! I can't believe BB is that far along already! He looks phenomanal! And Oscar is truly amazing! Ernie stlill has some bugs to work out, but the others look great!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Series 3 Rowlf's eyes were meant to be looking upward. They wanted it to look like he was looking up at his accessory, the bust of Beethoven, when they were positioned at and on the grand piano, respectively. I agree about Ernie. I feel that something is not right with his pupils. I will definitely be picking up a Guy Smiley and Oscar when they finally arrive.

MWoO

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Oscar particularily looks awesome, for me. ^_^ So when will they start being sold to the public, anyone know? I have no muppet ones, but I'd splurge on an Oscar, Grover or Big Bird easily.
Super Grover is cuurently on sale and worth the money. You can buy him in the Palsiades Collectors Club. It's an awsome figure, though one of his legs tends to warp which is not good.

Series one is suppose to be out this fall. they were originally planned for September, but I would bet it will be morel ike November now. Big Bird is planned for 2006, perhaps along with series 2. I am surprised he is being shown so early as well.

These prototypes are the same early ones that were shown at the begining of the year. A lot of changes have been made since. In fact these prorotypes are SO early that the THM is not even finished. His back has no fur because they wanted a prototype for Toy Fair. So obviously a lot of work was left for these, but even with all the work left to be done they look wonderful. Oscar is by far my fav of them all.

doctort13

Reaction score
Cool!

I know that I'll buy Oscar and Big Bird. Is that a Sesame Street "set" that the figures are set up on? I wonder if it too will be made available to collectors, or is just decoration to help show off the figures?

MWoO

Reaction score
Short story is that it will be available for purchase. long story is this:

The set pieces were originally meant to be split into 4 sections and come with the four figures so that you, the consumer, could assemble them at home. Series one would be Big Bird's doors. Series 2 was to consit of the famous 123 building. Due to various reasons, mostly cost, the set was taken away from series one and replaced by some neat accessories. The set, however, will still be sold. It will be sold as a separate playset kind of thing. How? No idea. But it will be sold. I odn't know if the 123 building will be. I assume it all depends on series 1 and the first set selling.