Sesame Street pictures from SDCC

doctort13

Reaction score
Thanks

Do you know the release date for Series 1? I know that my little girl and I will have hours of fun playing Sesame Street, and I would have to dig up the old Fisher-Price play set from the 70's. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
Fall release for 2005. So September idealy, but most likely November. Super Grove is available now through the Palsiades Collectors Club though and will be all year long pretty much.

These figures are for ages 8 and up. If your daughter is not 8 and up, watch her and makje sure she stays away from the small accessories.

mikealan

Reaction score
LITTLE BIRD! YES! That's the little surprise! :excited: And BIG BIRD is bigger than his doors playset and the first series figures!

mikealan

Reaction score
mikealan said:
LITTLE BIRD! YES! That's the little surprise! :excited: And BIG BIRD is bigger than his doors playset and the first series figures!
Oops! Sorry 'bout the caps. :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
mikealan said:
of course he is bigger than the other character figures. He's BIG Bird. :smirk:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Oh, those are beautiful. But who's that bigger guy hanging around with Little Bird? :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that Ken Lilly said to expect Big Bird to look more like a statue than a figure, but i am surprised with the way the arms are posed. with how they are posed, it looks like Big Bird can't have any arm articulation. I have read that his mouth might move, so if the mouth can move, then why not the arms?

I have read that it is more expensive for a figure to have a pack-in than a big accessory (like a piano or a popcorn popper), so I am surprised that Big Bird is coming with Little Bird (or is he?). Since the martians are not going to be pack-ins, I would have thought that Little Bird could be sold on his own. then again, the martians were announced when there were still plans for each figure to come with set pieces, and now they wont. the martians could have been planned so that a big set piece could fit in the packaging. I wouldn't be surprised if a change was made and they were pack-ins for somebody.

DTWolf

Reaction score
The arms on Big Bird on this prototype aren't posable, as we can see--but I feel confident that it's only because this is a very early sculpt. I'm guessing they've spent a lot more time on the head than on the body so far, and they just used this one-piece body for display at the convention, for something to put the detailed head on (as opposed to having a severed Big Bird head lying next to Ernie and Oscar). I imagine articulated arms WILL be part of the final product.

As for Little Bird--I think it's marvelous to see him sitting there! I was so happy to see him in these pictures. I wonder, though, if this prototype Little Bird is way off-scale with the other figures--he is in much earlier stages than Ernie and Guy and Oscar. Those guys are, I think, 105% of normal size (perhaps Big Bird is too?); maybe Little Bird's 150% or something. Usually they make early sculpts bigger than final size. And boy, he's extremely large compared to Big Bird! I hope when the final product comes he's a good bit smaller.

We'll have to wait and see!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys... A few things to remember.
1 The S1 figures seen in those photos are probably the same prototypes from Toy Fair back in February of this year. They're currently under massive revision for release in Fall of 2005.
2 Would think that both Big Bird and Little Bird figures shown are prototypes indeed. However, there's a thread in the Sesame Street section of the Palisades forums for you to voice your opinions and thoughts for "Big Bird Improvements".
3 Since this figure won't be released till late this year, if not early 2006, I'd think that there's a time for us to voice said concerns like wrong arm placement or arm articulation or such things as they attempt to perfect the figure as best they can.
4 The Martians won't be pack-ins for any other figure. They are the main figure, part of the S2 lineup. The only thing I'd caution is that since these lineups aren't set in stone and can change due to the nature of the figure line's overall lineup, that the Martians might be bumped down from S2 to a later series. Course, for now, no such worries need be posted owing to the fact that for now the Martians are part of the S2 lineup. If any changes impact the lineup, we'll all be talking about it here or on the Palisades forums.

Hope this helps and have a good day.

BEAR

Reaction score
If my knowledge serves me correctly, Little Bird would not sell on her own. She just wouldn't. She has not been around for a long time and even then she wasn't a huge character. Most people don't even know she ever existed. Plus she is so small that it would make more sense to put her as a pack in. Just my thoughts.