1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Season 35 New Characters

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by The Count, Apr 6, 2004.

1. MuppetDude Active Member

I haven't seen the episode yet, but:
    1. Mr. Robinson, Gordon's father, is played by (and how's this for irony) Carl Gordon!
    3. Grandfather Honker is a silver honker with silver hair, a peachy-colored nose, and wire-rimmed glasses. He also has a furry moustache.
  2. The Count Moderator

Thanks MuppetDude.
    Hopefully, Drtooth will come in and will be able to supply me with descripts of these three characters and the Giant Space Chicken from the Trash Gordon segment after they repeat the episode in his area today, just before airing the new episode.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good rainy day.
  3. The Count Moderator

OK, for those of you still reading this and who can help me, here's the list of characters I need descripts of.

From Episode 4067.
    1 Gordon's Dad.
    Confirmation that Carl Gordon is the name of the actor who plays this role.
    2 Shiela the Kangaroo, from Global Grover.
    3 Grandfather Honker, from Elmo's World: Families.
    4 The Giant Space Chicken, from the Adventures of Trash Gordon.

From Episode 4068.
    1 Steven.
    Name of the actor who plays this human child role.
    2 The Boingers.
    3 3 Confirmation that the Humpty Dumpty character who appeared in this episode is the same one voiced by Jerry Nelson from the News Flash about the Nursery Rhyme, where he was interviewed by Reporter Kermit.
    4 The King's Men and the King's Horses.
    5 The Horse.
    6 Elmo's World: The Hand.
    Confirmation that it was voiced by Rosco Orman.
    7 The VeryHairyans.
    Confirmation that this is the correct spelling of those characters names.
    Please post here ASAP and have a good day.
  4. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

In response to the one about Humpty Dumpty, I looked at a little of this episode today and I was wondering about the same thing. I believe that Kermit News Flash is at the Toughpigs website, maybe you want to check the pic of that Humpty Dumpty to see if it's the same one. Just a suggestion.
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have a scant few seconds, and I'll only be able to do about half of them (sorry... very busy)

Sheila the Kangaroo... Well... a muppet Kangaroo, a large brown and white (on the underbelly and tip of the snout) wikth large cartoony Muppet eyes. She hopped around alot. looked a lot like a real Kangaroo, only a little cartoonified, as due to the Muppet eyes)

The hand: I call this a naked puppet. it was Roscoe Orman.... he basically did puppetry with nothing but his bare hand. It was (like the foot) blue screened to look bigger....

Grandfather Honker: A dark bluish purple-ish honker with a grey large mustach and grey hair in a unkempt poof. he has a red nose... I think he also wore a tie, but I have to double check.

Space Chicken: Normal brown SS Muppet chicken, blue screened to look much bigger.

Humpty Dumpty was indeed the same as the one in the Kermit reporter skit. Only newer, and with a slightly different hair style (more blobby).
  6. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That is interesting that they'd remember that character. I also didn't think Jerry Nelson voiced characters appeared in the 'On the Street' segments too often anymore. It was good to see that. Now if only they'd bring back more remembered characters like Sherlock Hemlock, Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, etc.
  7. The Count Moderator

New characters for descripts from Episode 4070.
    1 Miss Vicki, from the Magic Ukulele Repair Shop.
    2 The Cute Little Animals, from Global Grover's second visit to Australia.
    3 The History of Getting Dressed Book, from Elmo's World.
    Also, please take a look at the list of characters above from Episodes 4067 and 4068, and please provide descripts for the characters still missing.
    Thanks and have a good day.

Uh, MuppetDude, Drtooth, anyone still out there who can help me finish these for addition to the listings?
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Miss Vicky is the only one I can help you with today, since WGBH 2 decided to rerun Wed's pisode for no apparent reason.

Miss vicky. The standard dark lavandar/purple AM with a round head and live hands. She had a small circular red nose and 2 sleepy eyes with purple eye lids. She had a brown (I think this name is correct) Page Boy hair cut. She wore a cap (like police officers, I recall, not a baseball cap) and a suit, which was purple/pinkish with small white dots all in rows... almost looked like stars. She also wore a pink see throughish fabric (can't tell the name) scarf (or handkerchief). Both the cap and scarf had the same insignia, a silver star burst with a black note just right of center inside the star shape.

Oh yeah.... she was visable in the screen via the old cartoon gag of splitting the screen when people talk on the phone. She was on the right.
  9. The Count Moderator

Thanks pal, just gotta keep going through the rest of these to get them added.
  10. ssetta Active Member

Do you think they named her after Music Production Assistant, Vicki Levy??
  11. The Count Moderator

And here are the characters I'm asking about from Episode 4071.
    Elmo's World.
    1 Mr. Noodle's Sister, Ms. Noodle.
    Also, what's the name of the actress who played this role?
    2 Firefighter Richard.
    Also, what's the name of the person who played this role?
    3 The Firefighters.

The Adventures of Trash Gordon.
    4 The Snoritians.

5 Super Guitar Girl (Rosita).
    6 Super Tutu (Zoe).
    7 Super Propeller Head.
    8 Super Construction Guy.
    8 Super Ponytail.
    10 Super Needs a Haircut.
    All of these are from the Superhero School.
    Please post your replies here and help me get descripts of all the characters from this week's worth of episodes to finally confirm them as characters and add them to the listings.
    Thanks, and hope to hear from you guys soon.
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wasn't paying too much attention, so basically all I can give you is the descrriptions of Super Zoe and Super Rosita

Super Zoe wore a pink Tutu, and a .... uh... remember the old plastic slinkies, which were orange on one layer of plastic and red on the other layer? Well, imagine one of those opened, forming a circle. She had one on her head. She wore 2 Slinkies (same plastic, same color) for sleeves (her arms whent right through.

Rosita, I didn't cactch too much of, since she had her guitar covering her frontside. She wore (I think ) a blue cape, and a weird hat... this is gonna be hard to explain.... it's like an upside down cone or funnel (silver in color) with a small blue ball on top and some sort of large, thick blue rope/wire spiraling down the cone, but not tight enough that it touches the edges, almost free flowing. something almost Jetson like. I didn't get a good look at it, but I did see some sort of emblem of a red four sided shape (possibly a rhombus) with an "R" on it...

As for the other superheros, they were all human kids. Propeller hat (a boy) wore a beanie hat (Like Beanie of Beanie and Cecil) multicolored. Ponytail was a girl with a black ponytail (I think she was Asian, but I didn't get a good enough look). Needs a haircut (boy) wore a big baseball cap, covering his bad hair. Construction worker (an African American boy) wore a large, well... red construction worker's hat.

There was also a super hero chicken (different looking from the regular ones... much fatter, and she was white) she had a red cape and an emblem of the letter S in either a cloud, or an egg with feathers at the end (my TV doesn't get the channel in too well lately, which is why some of my explainations are fuzzy) She also worse White goggles over her eyes.
  13. MuppetDude Active Member

Episode 4067:
    1. Gordon's Dad had sort of a long face, with small eyes, grey hair, moustache, and beard, and a big grin. His skin tone's a bit darker than Gordon's.

Episode 4068:
    1. Don't know the kid's real name. He was an African-American boy riding a scooter.
    2. The Boingers: two A.M. kids. One was a fat blue kid with black dreadlocks, a light blue nose (?), green eyelids, and a grey jacket with a yellow stripe. The other was a lavendar A.M. with a black mouth (but not the "live-hand" variety), with light brown pigtails, a pink nose, and a pink jacket with a hood.
    4. The King's Horses and Men: different than the ones from the original News Flash: they were two identical green A.M.s with orange noses, who wore armor and their "coat of arms" on their breastplates. Their horses were Buster and Fred, but with different voices.
    5. The Horse: just a slightly fuzzy brown horse with a black mane and a white stripe down his face. It's the same puppet used for Cookie Hood's horse, Marian.
    7. Not sure on how their name was spelled, but at the beginning of the clip, they were long piles of wavy hair, each one a different color (blond, brown, etc.). When they received their haircuts, it was revealed that their faces were actually grouch puppets; a yellow/green one, a dark red one, a yellow-orange one, and a brown one.

I'll post some more later, but I can tell you that Miss Vicki works at "Tiny Tim's Uke Repair".
  14. The Count Moderator

Thanks guys, hope you post again soon with the rest of the descriptions to make all the additons to the listings from this week.
    And that's a great reference in the name of Miss Vicki's place of employment!
  15. The Count Moderator

OK, guys. Another week and another batch of characters to ask descripts for.
    And I hope I get more help this time around to actually add the characters from this week, not to mention help on finishing off the list of characters from last week.

Episode 4072.
    1 Elmo's World: The Kingfish.
    2 The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Smelly Laundry.
    Please post your descripts here. Thanks for the help and hope to hear from you guys soon.
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know, all the new characterrs would have to be on as soon as I left. Sorry, Count.....

>>The Adventures of Trash Gordon.
    4 The Snoritians.<<

Basically they were Grouches of different colors (mainly greyish browns, but different tones) with closed eyes, wearing nightgowns and caps (all white, I think) and a pillow, which was basically a pillow with large opened eyes on it (the side you put the pillow into a pillowcase was it's "mouth")
  17. The Count Moderator

OK, still searching for descripts and will read back through this thread to see what's still missing.
    But for today...
    Episode 4073.
    1 Dr. Feel.
    2 The character that showed up at the end of Gloval Grover: Jamaica, wearing Grover's tie-dyed shirt.
    Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

No one has described Dr. Fell for you when he was on Dr. Phil I take it.

An orange tall headed AM (the kind with no chin) with a matching orange triangular nose and two cartoony eyes with no eye lids (just black pupils in the middle) He had a mouth cut out of the head. He had lightbrown hair, balding, and a mustache the same color, almost like it were covering his mouth. he had rod hands. he wore a Brown suit with a white shirt and blue tie. He sat behind the desk the entire time.,

The character in Global Grover was a shark wearing a tie dye tee shirt (I think it was red and yellow)
  19. The Count Moderator

Thanks pal. Now what about Elmo's World: The Kingfish and The Adventures of Trash Gordon: The Smelly Laundry?
    Please post those descripts here and hope you have a good day.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I didn't see either....