Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And again, this is one of the reasons why I never bothered to reupload any of the SST episodes or videos I uploaded in the past: taking the risk and chance of having my channel terminated altogether wasn't worth it.

At least there's something of a grace period after you receive strikes for them to clear from your channel: if you can keep your nose clean, I think after a year (or a certain number of months, I'm not sure), the strike will be cleared from your account . . . but you have to avoid getting three strikes before your previous strikes have expired. I think over the years, I've gotten a total or maybe 7-9 strikes from various different companies, including but not limited to Sesame Workshop (for EW), Bagdasarian Productions (repitching a Chipmunk song), Disney (Grover's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel), Viacom (a HEY ARNOLD! YouTube Poop), Universal (AN AMERICAN TAIL YouTube Poop), FOX (M*A*S*H clips), truTV (WORLD'S DUMBEST... clips, even though other people have gotten free passes for posting clips from the show, so I don't get it), and a few third-parties and police companies. But again, each of these strikes were far enough apart that I was able to avoid having my account terminated altogether.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, copyright strikes expire in 6 months, right?

Schfifty

Reaction score
I guess it just varies now - I got a strike about five months ago, and it expired in three months. The very first one I got two years ago was set to expire in 6½ months, and then my 2nd strike (combined with the first one) was set for approximately a year away when I received this one. Fortunately, it expired several days short of the intended date.

Any Del

Reaction score
On January 25th, 2018 the strike would disappear.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I deleted ALL Sesame Street and Elmo's World videos. I seriously don't want to lose my channel.
Oh. Sorry about that. I was also going to suggest deleting your videos, but you did that already.

Any Del

Reaction score
(Sigh) The whole intent of starting Youtube was to bring back the nostalgia from our childhood. I wanted to be like you guys, have thousands of subscribers. I've looked up to all of you. Even though it was only 3.6K, I felt successful. Now after receiving 2 strikes, it's starting to decrease. I've let everyone down... Forgive me. :frown:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
(Sigh) The whole intent of starting Youtube was to bring back the nostalgia from our childhood. I wanted to be like you guys, have thousands of subscribers. I've looked up to all of you. Even though it was only 3.6K, I felt successful. Now after receiving 2 strikes, it's starting to decrease. I've let everyone down... Forgive me. :frown:
You didn't let me down at all. Thank you very much for all of those videos.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, that's not what YouTube was meant for in the first place. Yes, it did serve nostalgic purposes, as you say, and therre's been a good many of old and rare sketches, inserts, and episodes uploaded over the years for people to see again, but that wasn't what YouTube was meant for, which is why we have problems with the copyright system and why YouTube was sold to Google in the first place.