Sesame Street to Introduce HIV-Positive Muppet

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Oh no, gotta disagree here, pumpkin pie needs to be home made (well, from the can of pumpkin mix anyway-- but with way more cinnamon than they call for on the can) so you can eat warm from the oven with the whip cream melting into the crevices in the pie....

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Well ... yes w/exceptions. I have found that the quality of pumpkin pie differs between some Marie C restaurants. Some will over-do it on the cinamon and/or nutmeg, while others are "perfect." But, I agree, homemade pumpkin pie is "always" the best.

My grandma is diabetic, and along w/pumpkin pie, she also makes a "mean" sugar free low fat cheesecake. It is awesome!

OK... Enough dessert talk for me tonight.

How did we get from a discussion on an HIV positive muppet to debating about desserts, anyway?:smile:

Daniel:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
How did we get from a discussion on an HIV positive muppet to debating about desserts, anyway?:smile:

Daniel:smile:
I think it comes under the heading of blowing off steam and injecting a little levity into a tense situation. Anyone got a penguin we can toss around?

radionate

Reaction score
I know I'm all fresh out here. The local bars have outlawed Penguin Tossing.

(That's a really funny joke if you think about it):big_grin:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
Having completed a long day of discussing Muppets, religion, and politics it appears our merry band has turned it's attention to more important matters...dessert! I think things are back to normal.:rolleyes:
Wait, we have a band?

Cool!

Luke

Reaction score
Ok so enough of this idle culinary related chit chat, i am interested in feedback to some questions being pondered :-

How do you think a HIV positive Muppet should be introduced into the South African Sesame Street ?

Do you think the Muppet should be any specific color or race, or would it be better if she was a 'whatever' and was neither one nor the other ?

Should the character stay in the show permanently, or just come in for the storyline and then fade out ?

Should they ever show this character dying or getting more ill, or should they just use it to make the point that the puppet has 'got' HIV. Yes, i know that not everyone contracts full AIDS or dies from HIV .... just looking at possibilities.

matleo

Reaction score
I imagine she'll be a monster or 'what not' character. I also imagine she'll be part of the regular cast. I think it actually states that last part in one of the articles. how will she be introduced? Well she is an orphan. I suppose like most SS characters she'll probably wander in from nowhere. Who knows?

--Matt

Luke

Reaction score
So if she's going to be a part of the regular cast, do they keep the storyline running permanently or do they just find out she has HIV, do the educational bit, then just have her become a regular character, returning to it from time to time. I know thats often how it is in real life (nothing happening for years and then it developing) but that wouldn't make sense for kids because they need some consistency and by the time it came around again (if it did) many would have fogotten whats supposed to be happening in the first place.

I agree a 'whatnot' - maybe purple or something.