1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Oscarfan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

It's holiday time with Elmo.

2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

"Compare" is the Word on the Street.

3. FrackleFan2012

"Activate" is the Word on the Street.

4. FrackleFan2012

"Include" is the Word on the Street.

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Lately when I've watched videos on the site, there seems to be something wrong with the player. It seems like the videos don't play as smoothly as they used to (though the audio plays fine). It looks like the video keeps freezing for skipping every few microseconds. Not sure if it's just my computer or what (sesamestreet.org is the only video site I'm seeing this constantly happen at... Videos on YouTube run smoothly on my computer).

muppetlover123 likes this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I have a Sesamestreet.org account and I rarely go on it.

7. minor muppetz

It's come to my attention that the video clips have been replaced with different-quality clips, but unfortunately, a large portion of clips have been removed, including the majority of classic clips.

I'm hoping that this is temporary, but only time will tell. If the removal of the clips is permanent, then this is a sad day, indeed (well, I heard the news yesterday, so yesterday was a sad day).

I searched for a few things to see what might not be there anymore. I did a search for Kermit, and Bein' Green is the only one that showed up. I also did searches for Roosevelt Franklin and Bruno, both of whom had only a small handful of clips online, and none of them are there (in fact, last I checked, two of those few Bruno clips were not on YouTube). I searched "baker" and didn't see any of the baker films (but I did see something in search results, cant remember what).

8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Hopefully the videos are only gone so that they can adjust the quality.

9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm rarely ever able to watch the videos on their site, which is one of the reasons I usually just wait till they, or others, post them on YouTube.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hadn't been able to watch their videos either, but it looks like the website has finally been fixed. The videos are finally working again.

11. minor muppetz

In the last couple of years I have been on the site a lot less in favor of watching the clips on YouTube. I hadn't really liked what'd been done in recent years in regards to how clips automatically play after a clip is shown. In the past, when fans could watch "related clips" with what they wanted, there'd be a wide variety of related clips from various eras. In the last year, whenever watching a clip, pretty much all of the same clips automatically play after the clip watched, most of them from recent seasons. The main exception is if you click on one of the character images, which show many clips with those characters, from different eras (but still with a heavier focus on non-classic-era clips), otherwise the clips that automatically follow whatever clip you search for are the same as on the main page.