SesameStreet.org to be launched June 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Just to make sure I don't get caught in a hoax, I passed ssetta's message on to Sesame Workshop with the following introduction. Hope to hear from them ASAP...

I recently saw the following message posted to the muppetcentral.com fansite. Since you currently have sesamestreet.org set up as a redirect to the Workshop home page, I'd appreciate it if you could confirm the rumor. Many thanks!

ssetta

Reaction score
Just to make sure I don't get caught in a hoax, I passed ssetta's message on to Sesame Workshop with the following introduction. Hope to hear from them ASAP...
Did you give them my name or anything??

ISNorden

Reaction score
No name, just mentioned that I'd seen the message posted on this board and wanted confirmation from the guys who ought to know. I apologize if I upset you... :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So is this an April Fools or what?

I mean, it sounds like a great idea for all the clips to be available legally from their website. No more worrying about Youtube pulling everything off...

ssetta

Reaction score
No, it was not an April Fool. It was real. I just wasn't paying close attention. But rather than just clips, I really hope it will include complete episodes.

sesameguy

Reaction score
No, it was not an April Fool. It was real. I just wasn't paying close attention. But rather than just clips, I really hope it will include complete episodes.
Me too! Although even having just clips would be quite amazing, assuming it was a large enough library of clips to choose from. We'll just have to wait & see how it all turns out.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I just wasn't paying close attention. But rather than just clips, I really hope it will include complete episodes.
Sseeta, a simple "I do not know if it will include complete episodes" would've been enough.

zns

Reaction score
If not full episodes, those cliwil hopefully be good. We'll find out in June.

ISNorden

Reaction score

You and me both...I also hope that Sesame Workshop gets enough permission from the celebrities who appeared on old shows, to include the episodes as they aired years ago. None of this replacing Stevie Wonder's performances with Grover counting chin-ups...:frown:

gbrobeck

Reaction score
I realize I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but has anyone heard anything else about this site? It's June 1st and it hasn't launched. In fact there is no evidence that it's going to anytime soon--no press releases or anything like that.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.