Seven Ball Tango

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait a minute... I thought it was seven to tango?
Unless you're counting the celebrity cameo chef.
:batty: 6 Muppets + 1 celebrity = 7 dinner guests! I love math.

Couple of nitpicks like Amanda, the Whatnot decided to let her hang down to her shoulders.
Er, let her "what?" hang down?

And what's with the [HR] between the scene where Scooter picks up his date and getting back to the present?

*Grins at Fozzie using mind tricks.
:sleep: That must be easy.
:boo: Why's that?
:sleep: The bear's mind isn't all that sharp.
*Both laugh.

And I give you a cookie for the rephrasing of the wallcrawler's signature line coming from the diva.
Thanks for this, more please. :smile:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Wait a minute... I thought it was seven to tango?
Unless you're counting the celebrity cameo chef.
:batty: 6 Muppets + 1 celebrity = 7 dinner guests! I love math.
CLose, but no cigar. Yes, there should be 7 to tango, however our seventh dance partner has not yet arrived. I made a mention of it at the beginning - through the course of thinking this up, an 8th person made their way in, which kinda eliminated the whole 7th person thing, however I like to think of it as Amanda + 7 Muppets.

Couple of nitpicks like Amanda, the Whatnot decided to let her hang down to her shoulders.
Er, let her "what?" hang down?
Ugh! I swear I read this thing and stupidly apparently didn't catch that. Now, in my defense, I managed to completely break Google Drive the other day when I discovered I could not have more than two people signed in on the same desktop app.

:smile:: And that means?

It means, Kermo, that I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, which I did have a slightly heart attack when I couldn't verify if the stuff I did was updated. Thankfully, it was, but now I'm seriously thinking about making backups to my external drive (which I do anyway)

And what's with the [HR] between the scene where Scooter picks up his date and getting back to the present?
Remember when I was first posting and I complained that there were no horizontal rules on the forum? That's my designation for a horizontal rule; it basically states that there is a new section coming up.

The Java Hut and FF.net have spoiled me on that.

*Grins at Fozzie using mind tricks.
:sleep: That must be easy.
:boo: Why's that?
:sleep: The bear's mind isn't all that sharp.
*Both laugh.
I've been watching a lot of HIMYM, in both reruns and Netflix. I just love how everyone seems to have it.

And I give you a cookie for the rephrasing of the wallcrawler's signature line coming from the diva.
Thanks for this, more please. :smile:
It came to me and I said, "yes" to its use.

No worries, Count, the 7th (and 8th) people to our tango will be coming to the party soon.

Next up -

Another arrival!
Dinner!
An after dining show!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, horizontal rules for announcing a new segment. We just use a blank line, a row of dashes, then another blank space for that.
At least I understood what was happening and eagerly await to read what you've got next for us. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Heh heh heh... "I'm standing right here!" LOL

The banter throughout was hilarious, and I love the pantomime I could see in my head during the whole "telepathic" exchange. Glares, wheedling looks, glances at the frog, more glares...yeah. It works. :smile:

You surprised me with the sudden addition of more Muppets...and then I realized that, like Piggy or Scooter, I shouldn't be at ALL surprised that a dinner party suddenly turns into something bigger. Heck, or a food fight. It could happen. It probably HAS happened...

Much fun so far! Hey...sniff, sniff...what's shakin', bacon?

:mad: WHAT?!?

:news: Run!
----------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
-------------
Heh heh heh... "I'm standing right here!" LOL

The banter throughout was hilarious, and I love the pantomime I could see in my head during the whole "telepathic" exchange. Glares, wheedling looks, glances at the frog, more glares...yeah. It works. :smile:
Glad that came across the way I envisioned it. I'm actually surprised that hadn't utilized that very thing in some of the movies; I think it would have been perfect, especially anyone speaking to Piggy.

You surprised me with the sudden addition of more Muppets...and then I realized that, like Piggy or Scooter, I shouldn't be at ALL surprised that a dinner party suddenly turns into something bigger. Heck, or a food fight. It could happen. It probably HAS happened...
When I was still writing 8 Ball Rhumba, the idea of doing a sequel that portrayed the dinner that Amanda was invited to, the immediate idea was that the others would eventually show up, thus ruining the dinner. That was actually the reason I brought up Scooter's nervousness...

You are correct that this probably has happened before and as Scooter thought and figured, many of his previous girlfriends did not like the intrusion that the others seemed to have in his life. But, as I mentioned, you don't just date one Muppet - you date the whole troupe!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This was great! I laugh at the part where Fozzie was telling too many jokes. Bwhahahaha! So, Gina I will give you time to come up with more story. Thanks!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Good morning, MC!

As promised, our 7th (and 8th) Muppet party crashers will arrive at the gate in this chapter. Again, for those wondering, the aptly named title is supposed to represent how many people are at the dinner (or rather are having dinner), however when coming up with the whole idea, an 8th person managed to worm his way in regardless of the actual title.

The night has just begun!!

Chapter VI

With a larger table in place by the patio doors, Piggy felt confident that their private dinner could still work as a private dinner plus two.

The additions of Fozzie and Rowlf wasn’t terribly bad – she of course always planned for unexpected contingencies – but it did put a bit of a damper on her plans for the evening. The night should have gone with a quiet dinner for four, with questions and answers being tossed around.

Like a couples night, the way that most couples usually went about it.

But of course Piggy had once again forgotten the proven fact that no matter what was done would always be a Muppet affair. There never seemed to be a moment’s peace when dealing with the group as a whole; Piggy had always been annoyed with the constant interaction of their friends, especially when she was trying to get alone with her frog.

However, she’d be lying if she said that she hadn’t missed them while she was in Paris.

“C’mon, c’mon!” called their chef. “Your dinner is getting cold. I’ve made more than enough, just in case more people show up.”

“Wolfie, we’re only having six people,” Piggy admonished.

“Piggy, I know how these parties go, ja?”

As soon as the words left Wolfgang Puck’s mouth, the chime to the door rang for a third time, causing the entire group to turn and look at the door.

“What is this?” Piggy asked, irritation clear in her voice. “A party?”

“Don’t worry,” Kermit replied. “I’ll get it.” Turning fully to the door, the frog yelled, “Come in!” earning him a look from the hostess.

For the fourth time that night, the door opened, this time revealing the Muppet stuntman’s smiling face; he was pushed slightly out of the way by a small brown rat wearing a red baseball cap.

“Hey Kermit!” the blue weirdo shouted, walking and closing the door behind him. “Great, everyone’s here!” he exclaimed, seeing the group assembled around the table. “What is this, a party?”

“Apparently,” Piggy deadpanned.

“Hey, hey, hey!” called Rizzo the Rat, the companion who managed to sneak his way in through the door as Gonzo closed it. “It’s Wolfgang! Sup Wolfgang!”

“Ah!” the celebrity replied. “The Rizzo!”

“I don’t even want to know how or why you know Wolfgang Puck,” Piggy began. “However, I do want to know why you’re here.”

“Right to the point,” Gonzo said. “I like that. The reason, my porcine princess, is because I have a great new idea for my act next week.”

“Crazy and insane more like it,” Rizzo stated. “But an idea it is.”

“And I wanna show it to you,” Gonzo concluded. “I’ve got the bungee cords and tampoline in the car.”

Though they tried to hide it, nearly everyone who wasn’t Gonzo winced at the very idea’s items. “Gee Gonzo,” Kermit began. “Not sure if that’s a good idea inside…”

“Kermit, it’ll be great!” Gonzo exclaimed. “I even have a canon…”

“Excuse me,” Piggy interrupted. “Are you suggesting that you perform one of your crazy, insane, and dangerous stunts in my house?”

“Now before you say no…”

“No.”

“Before you say no,” the stuntman repeated, but was again interrupted by the diva.

“Do you not remember the last time you did one of your stunts in this house?”

“That was my fault,” admitted the daredevil. “I admit that. The trajectory was a bit off, but…”

“I don’t care!” Piggy cried. “You are not performing one of your idiotic stunts in this house!”

“Oh my gosh!” Gonzo exclaimed. “That’s why you don’t like me, isn’t it? You’re still mad about that little hole in the roof!”

Little hole?!”

“I said I was sorry!” Gonzo continued. “Repeatedly! What happened to let bygones be bygones?”

“When have you ever known the pig to let bygones be bygones?” asked Rizzo, as he helped himself to more and more of the appetizers.

Piggy was about to counter his argument, not to mention stop him from eating more of the food that he was not invited to eat, but stopped before she said something unkind. “The rat’s right.”

“Listen,” Kermit interrupted, finally finding a need to stop the incessant arguments that always seemed to happen whenever Piggy and Gonzo were vicinity of each other. “Gonzo, Rizzo, it’s kinda late and we’re just…well…”

“Say no more, Boss Frog,” Rizzo said. “We know when we’re not wanted.”

“What?” Kermit sputtered. “That’s not it at all!”

“Yes it is,” Piggy stated.

“It is not,” the frog admonished. “I mean…maybe…maybe you guys could…”

Before Kermit had even finished the sentence, everyone in the room knew what he was thinking and planning on saying. And then everyone turned to Piggy.

Crossing her arms across her chest, Piggy huffed. “You know, Frog,” she began, her eyes flashing at the director standing next to her. She wasn’t sure, but she thought he had moved away from her slightly; that is until she turned icy blue eyes on him.

“We are all well aware that you enjoy making decisions for others,” the pig continued. “However, this dinner – which was supposed to be for four people – is none the less a dinner for our guest Amanda; so perhaps she should decide if the weirdo stays or not.”

The eyes which had been on Piggy now shifted to that of Amanda, who was of course noticeably surprised at being put on the spot. The night hadn’t even begun yet and already there had been four surprised drop ins for a dinner that was supposed to be for four.

The decision was actually made easier with Rizzo’s quip of, “I noticed that you keep mentioning the weirdo, but you keep forgetting the rat.”

“I’ve been trying to forget the rat since I met you,” Piggy muttered.

“Harsh, Princess.”

“You guys can stay,” Amanda stated, smiling when Gonzo proclaimed her the fairest of them all and Rizzo began bowing at her feet. “But…” she amended. “But I think for everyone’s sake that any kind of stunt you plan on doing, Gonzo, be done outside. That way if it backfires, you’ll be the neighbors’ problem.”

Scooter couldn’t help but sigh in gratitude. He had half expected that this was the type of thing that could potentially frighten away anyone that he was interested in. The very fact that even Piggy looked impressed – in fact, he was sure he had heard her say, “good job, grasshopper” – took some of the pressure he had felt off.

Now he just needed to get through dinner in the hopes that everyone would just eat and not talk. That plan was easily dashed as he watched Rizzo try and sweet talk his way into sitting next to Amanda, while trying to get Piggy to feed him even more food.

Piggy was dictating seat placements – which thankfully put Amanda next to him and far away from the rat – while simultaneously trading insults with Gonzo; Kermit, Fozzie, and Rowlf were already hard at work on discussing tomorrow’s show.

This…was not going to go as planned.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Now, we tango!
:shifty: Tango?
:concern: A cool and balmy place...
Called Chez Piggy's Hideaway! Ole!
Magic Voice: Ole off. Commercial Sign in 15 seconds.

Another funny segment. Bunjee cords and a trampoline, hmm, maybe he's refined that idea of rocket-powered bunjee jumping blastoffs he tried to talk Garth Brooks into doing with him.
*Imagines if Wolfgang would be able to beat :hungry: subbing for Iron Chef Morimoto with that English translator of his.
BTW: Did you say what Amanda looks like in Eight Ball? Cause I'm trying to see her in my mind's eye cause the real eyes are no good.

Enjoying how the party's devolved into a party, please post when you can. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
*snickering*

AAaaand we have more witty banter! And hey, remember, it's not a party without a rat...NOW it's a party!

Love the dialogue throughout. Rizzo's interjections are dead-on. Not sure Gonzo would think Piggy doesn't like HIM -- his ego is far too big to ever assume ANYONE doesn't like him, they just don't have the artistic panache to comprehend his ACT. But it was very hostessy of Piggy to defer to the guest of honor, so good for her, and good for Amanda in welcoming more members of the extended clan!

Not sure *I* wanna know how Rizzo and Wulfie know one another either. (And wish I could stop hearing the cloying call from "Amadeus" whenever you do that: "Woooolllfieeee!")
-----------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
*looks around*

You haven't seen me here.

----------------
*snickering*

AAaaand we have more witty banter! And hey, remember, it's not a party without a rat...NOW it's a party!
Ever since you asked about Rizzo's betting pool in 8 Ball, the little rat has been insistent on being in this story. Hence why 7 Ball Tango turned in to 8 Ball Tango.

:shifty: You heard the lady. Ain't no party like a Rizzo party cause a Rizzo party don't stop!

A guy only a mother could love, you are.

Not sure Gonzo would think Piggy doesn't like HIM
There's one of those secret elevator videos in which Gonzo and Piggy are in the elevator and Gonzo is telling Piggy that he knows that they've never gotten on, but he really wants to try and get in her good graces. Piggy of course ignores him.

That actually made me go, "why doesn't Piggy like him?" It can be assumed that the whole 'hard core crush' thing would make their friendship weird, but she really does give him the proverbial cold shoulder. So with that in mind, I thought, "what did Gonzo do that would make Piggy just not like him?"

And my mind answered, "putting a hole in the roof of her brand new house."

So there you go.

But it was very hostessy of Piggy to defer to the guest of honor, so good for her, and good for Amanda in welcoming more members of the extended clan!
Ah, yes I thought that was good of her too, though she did manage to remind everyone that said dinner was supposed to be four FOUR people and not the EIGHT that showed up.

Speaking of Amanda, next chapter has a play by play of table shenanigans and after dinner theater! Might be a little late though; I got some freelance stuff to finish tonight so I can gets paid. But if I got time...

NINJA! VANISH!