Seventeen Years Later...

wes

Reaction score
:cry: ...

There's not many a day that goes by that I think of that Day 17 years ago. The first person that passed, that I felt a deep sorrow over his death.

Jim Henson's Legacy live on through his brain child, the Muppets.

Here's to the Founder of Modern Puppetry as we know it. Cheers!:cry:

dabauckham

Reaction score
My lasting memory when Jim Henson died is of a newscast in an elementary classroom, where a boy was holding up a sign saying, "We miss you Jim." So simple, so profoundly moving. The world cried that day.

You're here with us in spirit, Jim but we miss you anyway. :cry:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I know some find it strange when I meantion Jim's Death at times, but what I try to do it make it a postive thing instead of a negitive thing like I always do when something unexpected happens.
I was 15 years old when I got the news. My mother came all the way back home from on her way to work just to tell me what happened, she didn't think it would be a good idea for me to be alone to learn that.
I have loved the Muppets and Jim Henson as far back as I remember, and I found Jim to be one of the most unique people I have ever heard of. Yeah we all know he's an artest, and a performer, but he was more than just that he was humaine as well. I would have really liked to have met him, but never got the chance to.
Over the years I have gotton photographs, and letters from the staff of HA and I had signatures of most of the maine puppeteers who works with the muppets, so they are a pretty awsome bunch of people, and we have Jim to thank for making that all possible.

Jeff O'Boyle

Reaction score
I had just come home from taking a final exam in college. I went to lie down. My mom came in and woke me up and said that Sammy Davis, Jr. had died. I was sad, but knew that Sammy had been suffering. I was still sleepy when she said a moment later that Jim Henson had also died. I shot out of bed, wide awake from this shock. Could I have heard my mother correctly, or was this a nightmare?

God Bless you and your family and friends always, Jim!

Kiki

Reaction score
Thank you, Kiki.

When Jim died, I honestly thought I had lost a family member or a really good friend.

Fortunately, his work will live forever!
You're welcome. :smile:

Yeah, that's right, his work will nver die! Though I've never met Jim (and, obviously, never will :cry: ) I feel very close to him, as though he's a family member or a friend or something. I can realte to him a lot: His silliness, his art, he's ideas, and like Jim, I'm very much a dreamer.

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Dear Jim, its been 17 years since you left us, but I'll always remember and love you and the magic you brought into my life. Goddess bless and care for you. Rest in peace :cry: :cry: .

Patricia/cherrypotion27

"You can't leave the magic"-Trashheap, from Fraggle Rock