Shooting at showing of 'Dark Knight Rises'

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is just awful. Twelve people dead, fifty people injured, and all they were doing was watching a movie that they were most likely really excited for. I can't imagine what must go through a person's mind in order to take one life, let alone twelve. How can someone do such a thing? It's so sad.

Thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I'm saying criminally insane, disturbed person with access to fire arms.

No want for gun control laws that protect honest gun owners and punish those who get them illegally here. :sigh:

Still, the fact he was able to smuggle a gun into a movie theater shows that something is totally wrong with something.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Still, the fact he was able to smuggle a gun into a movie theater shows that something is totally wrong with something.
I thought I had read a report where he snuck in through an emergency exit door or something like that, so there was no real way for anybody to know that he was coming in.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought I had read a report where he snuck in through an emergency exit door or something like that, so there was no real way for anybody to know that he was coming in.
The fact that ANYONE was able to sneak in through the emergency shows something is wrong with that theater. They're locked on the outside for a reason. Not so much so someone can shoot it up, but rather so someone can't sneak in without paying. Heck, with a HUGE movie like that, why aren't there ushers guarding the exits to make sure someone doesn't sneak in without paying?

It's a horrible tragedy, but once again, the news media is treating this like a circus. They're going on and on, deliberating on deliberations that they already deliberated, trying to Monday Morning Quarterback already with NO motive or psychological profile.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
This is so scary and crazy. :scary: Why would these messed up people do that?
Not normal....I'm scared to go to a showing of The Dark Knight Rises now.... :concern:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not normal....I'm scared to go to a showing of The Dark Knight Rises now.... :concern:
It's a freak incident in ONE theater. Theaters will beef up any security in the extremely slim chance of a copy cat attack. And Copy Cats will always fail because they're clumsy.

If nothing else, see it on a weekday during the afternoon as a matinee. It will be MUCH less crowded, MUCH lighter out, and there's NO chance someone would be dumb enough to attack during broad day light.

There is NOTHING to be afraid of. What the news isn't talking about are the thousands, if not hundreds of other Midnight showings that went out without a hitch. Heck, most illegal thing to expect with the others is someone making a crappy bootleg.

Hubert

Reaction score
It's a freak incident in ONE theater. Theaters will beef up any security in the extremely slim chance of a copy cat attack. And Copy Cats will always fail because they're clumsy.

If nothing else, see it on a weekday during the afternoon as a matinee. It will be MUCH less crowded, MUCH lighter out, and there's NO chance someone would be dumb enough to attack during broad day light.

There is NOTHING to be afraid of. What the news isn't talking about are the thousands, if not hundreds of other Midnight showings that went out without a hitch. Heck, most illegal thing to expect with the others is someone making a crappy bootleg.
Drtooth, I really doubt Muppetfan123 was being serious when he said he's scared...

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've been watching the news all day and I find this absolutely disturbing and sick. I had tons of funny Batman statuses planned for Facebook this weekend, but now it doesn't seem right to joke about the movie that way. It almost makes me not want to see The Dark Knight Rises at all. :cry:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's a horrible tragedy, but once again, the news media is treating this like a circus. They're going on and on, deliberating on deliberations that they already deliberated, trying to Monday Morning Quarterback already with NO motive or psychological profile.
People don't seem to have the proper respect for the families and friends of the victims. I saw the comments on some of the articles online and wanted to vomit, with how quickly people jump to make political statements off of this. Sad.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I am speechless. I woke up at noon after being at a midnight screening and I found out the news. I can't even imagine the pain in that community right now. My heart breaks for them and the victims' families are in my prayers. I am in utter shock at this horrific event. There are honestly no words.