Shooting at showing of 'Dark Knight Rises'

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's just awful to do. Was the movie right for six year olds? Probably not. But that shouldn't even matter, because that's completely obscuring the fact that a set of parents lost their six year old. Leave it to E! to give the nuanced, sensitive coverage an issue like this deserves.
I was at a showing today, and a guy brought three kids to the showing, a baby and by the look of it, probably around 5 and 7. (Both other kids were that age).
First of all it was annyoing, I had to shush them sometimes, but if the movie didn't start yet, I would have told him that this movie is not appropriate for his kids. And it wasn't. I didn't get this guy, he still sat through the whole thing with his kids. :confused:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I must give the guy credit: his costume was very effective. No one is going to raise an eyebrow over a guy packing tons of heat and wearing a gas mask if everyone else in the audience (more or less) was LARPing too.

I guess I'm just confused. My movie theaters have metal detectors. Maybe this theater ought to invest.

Weird news: My aunt explained on the phone that the news creeped her out because she and my mother first saw Mary Poppins in that very theater when they were younger. Sheesh. Way to kill some people's childhood memories, creep.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

I was gonna use one with the Joker...but thought against it

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Warner Brothers is probably trying to get ahead of any potential media backlash about violence in their film by pulling the advertisements, because as has been said before, people will rush to judgement why this happened and cast blame on outside sources without instead letting law enforcement figure out why.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have one with Sam the Eagle... just didn't put it up yet. Until I get a Tumbler account.

But, what is this going to prove? I don't think anyone affected by that tragedy was asking for Paris to not have a big movie premiere (let's hurt the important international market because you sort of feel bad about this), not have anyone promote the movie, or even show an advertisement for the film. That's not going to make them feel better, it's not going to make it not happen. It's a tragedy, sure... but an isolated incident! One showing in one theater out of several thousand had a terrible incident, and quite honestly, it was the theater's fault they couldn't prevent this. With every report that comes in, there's more and more negligence on the part of the theater owners.

And the only thing to do is pretend the movie doesn't exist? That won't stop the tragedy from happening, that's going to royally screw Chris Nolan, and everyone involved with making this film.

Warner Brothers is probably trying to get ahead of any potential media backlash about violence in their film by pulling the advertisements, because as has been said before, people will rush to judgement why this happened and cast blame on outside sources without instead letting law enforcement figure out why.
If anyone DOESN'T realize that a PG-13 movie about Batman, especially one with a previous film with the "pencil trick" is going to be violent, then they're the dumbest people in existence.

Sigh... I was afraid this will happen. They better not pull any merchandise as a result.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
WHY is it legal to BUY assault weapons in this country? WHY?

D---the theatre for being so lax in BASIC security, and d-- this country for providing the tools for carnage. Our founders never meant for insane people to have easy access to weaponry.

This is why I refuse to be a member of this species. Give me Muppets any day. Gonzo's level of crazy never hurt anyone.

Sick. Just sick. Those poor terrified people. And I second Drtooth's media critique. This bleeds, so it will lead...and lead...and lead. I'm already sick of the story and I only just read it.
-------------

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Facepalm

Yeah.

The advertisements are the problem.
Is this just going to happen in Colarado? I hope this isn't going to happen across North America and for the merchandise. They better not pull the movie too, it's a great movie. We can't take it out becuase of this guy!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
It's been a really weird day today, just with the whole thing. It's amazing to see how people react to this sort of thing. There's a community coming together right before my eyes. How long it will stay that way remains to be seen but I pray it's for a while.
It's a bizzare chain reaction to watch too. I didn't know anybody who was hurt, but my parents do and I know someone who was in the theatre. I have a friend who knows someone in the theatre. When you find out someone you know was involved, even remotely, it sorta changes your perception on the whole thing.

Sorry, just reflecting.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
People please DO NOT let one coward of an idiot (and like most people have said there are no words of what I think of this monster) effect your way of living! Go to the movies, go shopping, go out to dinner do everything you would normally do. I'm not saying forget the tragedies that occurred today because my heart is so saddened by this tragedy but DO NOT let this evil sick in the head of a person get the satisfaction that he's put fear into anyone because that's what people like him want! So go see the Dark Knight or any movie for that matter this weekend. Have a great time and hug those loved ones in your lives a little tighter.