Shooting at showing of 'Dark Knight Rises'

muppet maniac

Reaction score
If cussing were allowed - uncensored - on this forum, I'd have a few words to say about that ************

Sorry, but I'm just so shocked and so outraged that this happened.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Letter to Psycho:

Dude, Arkham is not taking applications. You will never realize Joker's level of bad--- villainy. You had some promise, but Mr. J will always pwn you.

Love,
HQ

PS In all seriousness, the newest updates have him claiming to be Joker while dressed as Bane. Hardcore geek this guy clearly is not.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Heard about it this morning on the news while I was working out. It's sad, sick, disturbing and just plain dreadful. I don't think I'm going to plan on going to a movie at night for a long LONG time. I have a feeling they're going to tighten movie theater security after what just happened.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
There are honestly no words.
Monstrous is the closest I can come without having to be censored.

What's almost as monstrous, one of the victims was a six-year-old and one commenter over on E! was more focused on lambasting the parents for the kid being there, than caring that people actually died. :grr::cry:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Drtooth, I really doubt Muppetfan123 was being serious when he said he's scared...
I wasn't really scared, but it's basically just a call for all those copycats to come out.
Anyway, these kind of things can happen anywhere at any time, this can happen in a grocery store......

I've been watching the news all day and I find this absolutely disturbing and sick. I had tons of funny Batman statuses planned for Facebook this weekend, but now it doesn't seem right to joke about the movie that way. It almost makes me not want to see The Dark Knight Rises at all. :cry:
I had that feeling too, I have a feeling this movie is going to lose money becuase of this incedent.
This story made the movie less enjoyable for me, I don't know why, but it did.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
People shouldn't be scared to go to the movies because of one incident with one seriously mentally ill person.

Either way, I'm still speechless that it even happened.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
What's almost as monstrous, one of the victims was a six-year-old and one commenter over on E! was more focused on lambasting the parents for the kid being there, than caring that people actually died. :grr::cry:
That's just awful to do. Was the movie right for six year olds? Probably not. But that shouldn't even matter, because that's completely obscuring the fact that a set of parents lost their six year old. Leave it to E! to give the nuanced, sensitive coverage an issue like this deserves.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well said Harley girl, well said.
Joker dressed up as Bane? That's -50 Bat-geek points. If anything, it should've been Joker dressed up as The Great Projuto, now there was a big ham! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Thank Gotham I'll be going to see TDKR when it opens here next week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
People don't seem to have the proper respect for the families and friends of the victims. I saw the comments on some of the articles online and wanted to vomit, with how quickly people jump to make political statements off of this. Sad.
Not even that. The fact they just keep repeating facts all day until one tiny detail pops up, rather than just waiting for info and going onto something else. Then they call in experts to do a complete psychological profile on someone who we don't even know the motive of yet.

But this is a tragedy, and it's going to go through 3 media steps...

1) Media oversaturation, usually giving the terrorists/crazy person/serial killer exactly what they want. ATTENTION!

2) The Blame Game. Blaming the random events of a crazy person on everything under the sun, EXCEPT massive psychological issues, and personal problems. Considering this was a Batman movie, we're going to see some real crap hitting the fan. So far, a Batman comic by Frank Miller is being taken into consideration.

3) Vowing to never EVER let it happen again, mark anniversaries by the week, month, 6 months, year, forget about it, and then completely ignore ALL the warning signs they finally found again, essentially LETTING it happen again, starting the whole process of Monday morning quarterbacking all over again, NOT solving anything.

I've been watching the news all day and I find this absolutely disturbing and sick. I had tons of funny Batman statuses planned for Facebook this weekend, but now it doesn't seem right to joke about the movie that way. It almost makes me not want to see The Dark Knight Rises at all.
I understand exactly what you're talking about... but..

this is going to hurt getting this out.

THIS is why I hate tragedies. We handle them terribly. We're overly sensitive, we have to walk on eggshells forever, and all it does is show that whoever caused that tragedy WON! I have nothing but the deepest regret for the victims and the blackest hate for the shooter... but an asterisk cannot and should not mar the film, the franchise, and the character's legacy. I'd hate it if the film were pulled out of theaters and a Batman merchandise burning took place. All we do will not make this tragedy not happen.

The character's legacy cannot end with one crazy guy killing a bunch of people at one of thousands of Midnight showings. We SHOULD go see this movie, make it as huge a hit as possible, buy all the merchandise we possibly can, draw all the lewd Joker/Harley fan art we can to show the crazed moron that we are NOT afraid of him! How about we actually look at the fact that National Midnight showings broke records?

Actually... you know what? Everyone WEAR your Batman shirts with pride this weekend. Watch as many episode of the cartoon you possibly can find on Youtube. Read some Bat-Comics. Not to be insensitive to those who were killed or maimed... but to stick it in the face of some loser that went nuts. That's what Batman would want us to do. Show the world we aren't afraid of dangerous crazies, and we're on the side of justice!