Should I Watch "Kermit's Swamp Years?"

Gonzo

Reaction score
Okay, so my local liberry just got a copy of the "Kermit's Swamp Years" DVD in, so I can see it for free, just giving 90 minutes of my life.

Do I do it?

I have very low expectations...should I see it?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I'm thinkin' a strong "NO".

But Emmy and Jackie will accurately vouch for that (they've seen it, I haven't---and don't have any plans to).

beaker

Reaction score
Does anybody listen to what I have to say on here???

WATCH the KSY dvd if only for the
JOE THE ARMADILLO behind the scenes featurette, OUTTAKES(Kermit impersonating Chef, too much!) and
chapter skip to the 3 minute "Pet Store" music video.

Those three elements make the KSY dvd a must see. As for the film itself...well...the verdict is still out on that. Love Croaker tho!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'd say most deffenitly watch it. Just don't go expecting too much from it. It's good, as long as you keep your expectations low.

Fortunately, when I saw it, I had already read all the Muppet Central reviews. The best part is deffenitly the outtakes, and they show just how close Steve Whitmire's Kermit is to Jim Henson's when he's ad-libbing. Pretty neat.

If they have the DVD, watch it with the Kermit and Horace commentary. Real good.

I'm good at keeping my expectations low! I should add that to my signature.

SillyRed

Reaction score
It also features Cree Summer's Voice, who is the voice of Susie on Rugrats and other characters.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Hey, I liked it fine. So sue me...
A 90 minute course in litigation ? Well that could be more fun. :big_grin:

Fiery Princess

Reaction score
When I watched this movie it was approximately 3 in the morning so I found it to be quite entertaining in my exhausted state...not saying it'd have the same effect on people who sleep at night :stick_out_tongue: but I personally enjoyed the film! I found some aspects of it particularly juvenile but then again it is a children's movie and things of that sort are bound to happen.

Ok, ending my babbling...my final verdit is definitely see it (its Kermit and I have a soft spot for the little green fellow!) but don't expect it to live up to the orignal Muppet Movie or anything cause you'll be a disappointed person!!

GuySmiley

Reaction score
A la Dr. Pepper

Heck, try it - you might like it!

(GuySmiley leaves singing...)
#Kerm-it's swamp years - so mis-un-der-stood!#

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Quinn

Here's my thinking on KSY. Yes, watch it, but don't expect much. You could clean the house, balance your checkbook and do your taxes during the movie and you wouldn't miss much, but there are some fan jewels in there. And the performances (by everyone but that darn dog) are top notch! The story and the actors are a little bit lame, but it's worth seeing once. I've watched it twice myself (cable went out one night). If you don't have high expectations for it and look at it as a fun kid-friendly film then you will be happy. The subject matter is more suited to a child's mind with little for the teen and up crowd. The extras are better than the film and are worth watching. So, yes. Watch it like you would an episode of Sesame Street set in the swamp. :wink: