Should the Muppets retire?

Frogster

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Icidentally, I was just veiwing your profile (just for kicks) and you remind me of myself in certain ways. Just how you responded to many of the questions. I am also studying theater in college and am working as an actor. Kermit is also one of my heroes and hope to work with them someday as a career point. :smile:
Hey, maybe we'll end up crossing paths, if we're lucky. Hope you don't mind... I read your profile, as well. I'm glad we both have a fondness for "The Frog."

BEAR

Reaction score
Frogster said:
Hey, maybe we'll end up crossing paths, if we're lucky. Hope you don't mind... I read your profile, as well. I'm glad we both have a fondness for "The Frog."

That would be cool. Hey, Kermit is an American hero, and our world would not be the same without.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm back, and ready to stick my oar in again (mwahahaha.)

I started a new thread about this, but if people miss it, I'd like to put it here too.

__

Whoah! I watched TMS Season 1 for the first time this afternoon, and I was very, very surprised after what I have heard about it compared to what I saw. Why such a fuus about modern Muppets sexual references? These old shows are chock'a'block with them.

Why are we makign such a fuss about Pepe touching Gonzo nipples, when Miss Piggy through her...um..things in Kermit's face in Temptation, rather obviously.

And why do we care about Pepe chasing ladies when Ruth Buzzi threw herself with such abandon at Sweetums? Laying on the table, rubbing him, scratching at his clothes...

Are we forgetting things/not putting things in proportion? We think of TMS as the holy grail of Mupeptness, but that was certainly not as pure as we'd like to think.

Bea:zany:{Just a thought}regard

unclematt

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I'm back, and ready to stick my oar in again (mwahahaha.)

I started a new thread about this, but if people miss it, I'd like to put it here too.

__

Whoah! I watched TMS Season 1 for the first time this afternoon, and I was very, very surprised after what I have heard about it compared to what I saw. Why such a fuus about modern Muppets sexual references? These old shows are chock'a'block with them.

Why are we makign such a fuss about Pepe touching Gonzo nipples, when Miss Piggy through her...um..things in Kermit's face in Temptation, rather obviously.

And why do we care about Pepe chasing ladies when Ruth Buzzi threw herself with such abandon at Sweetums? Laying on the table, rubbing him, scratching at his clothes...

Are we forgetting things/not putting things in proportion? We think of TMS as the holy grail of Mupeptness, but that was certainly not as pure as we'd like to think.

Bea:zany:{Just a thought}regard
I have said from the beginning that it is not a kids show. None of us should be embarresed that we are Muppet's fans.

Beauregard

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I have said from the beginning that it is not a kids show. None of us should be embarresed that we are Muppet's fans.
I agree. But,my point is, people have been wanting the Mupepts to be moral and cean, but, when were they ever? They wern't! And I have only just discovered that fact.

unclematt

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I agree. But,my point is, people have been wanting the Mupepts to be moral and cean, but, when were they ever? They wern't! And I have only just discovered that fact.
I was agreeing Beau. I have never wanted the Muppets to clean up thier act. Obviously I dont want them to take it too far but they have never done that and the people that think they have need to go back and see what the Muppets were truly all about.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Muppets were always edgy, but never innappropriate or filthy. They never used bad language and they never showed anything sexual or explicit. They are fine. When they start talking about private body parts, then we can complain.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok....so, you'd rather have women in films shoving their 'persoanlities' into men's faces, then have a man with no top on?

BEAR

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ok....so, you'd rather have women in films shoving their 'persoanlities' into men's faces, then have a man with no top on?
What?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, the majority of the complaints right now are about Pepe touching Gonzo's nippels? Right?

Well, men regularly touch each other nipples. How is this worse than Miss Piggy's behaviour in Temptation?