Should the Muppets retire?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ah, okay, BEAR: worded that way is easier for me to understand. And once again, let's not throw names around; even somethin' as simple as naive. It's just not nice, it's rude. BEAR here is one of the most well versed SS guys I know around here and knows his stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with Vic on this one. I mean, I do feel they have some sort of intent for fans, with the TMS DVD's, looking at the special features and all, but for future projects, they're going after children or tweenagers, since that's where the money is. Of course, kids care more about their "Dualmasters" and tweens want their "Jessica Simpson's or Hillary Duff's annoying sister."

I mean, the one fan based thing I'm seeing in some of the Post-Disney buyout product is more penguins. :zany: as much as I love them, throwing in penguins doesn't really add to much.

But I am hearing good things relating to the Movies.com :sleep: :boo: reviews. I feel if they work without a crap script, they still have good entertainment value...

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Ah, okay, BEAR: worded that way is easier for me to understand. And once again, let's not throw names around; even somethin' as simple as naive. It's just not nice, it's rude. BEAR here is one of the most well versed SS guys I know around here and knows his stuff.

Thanks, Vic. It's no big deal. I guess my statement could have been looked at as naive, but that is because someone only looked at one part of it and not all of it. Anyway...I don't think Sesame Street is serving me much in this argument.

BEAR

Reaction score
By the way, this is a little old and maybe unecessary to mention but i will cuz i had the thought. Some of these posts refer to Scooter being portrayed as gay and indicating that Richard Hunt possibly was...nonsense like that that we can't back up. Well, I was just thinking about something totally unrelated to any of this but somehow my mind came across that new pig character who was a choreographer in the new Muppet Christmas movie on TV. Wasn't his name Howard or something? Anyway..if ANY Muppet character is to be though of as being "gay" then it would be him, and I am positive it was an intentional implication.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Howard Pudman was not a new character for AVMMCM, he appeared in Muppets Tonight in the story of America's oldest and fattest family: The Pudmans of Porksville. Carter the Butler also features in this sketch. Howard was not portrayed as gay in this sketch, rather as very very greedy.

Beauregard

Reaction score
However, in AVMMCM he was protrayed as gay. "Nice tooshie..."

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
However, in AVMMCM he was protrayed as gay. "Nice tooshie..."
That was more jokingly gay. I doubt they wanted to portray him as such.

If the Muppets wanted to make an actual homosexual character, it would probably be more serious. Like a "Kami"-type (sp?) character.

Lets not make this a debate over this point; however, I think that taking a could-be homosexual joke as an absolute sign of homosexuality is a wrong assessment.

unclematt

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
That was more jokingly gay. I doubt they wanted to portray him as such.

If the Muppets wanted to make an actual homosexual character, it would probably be more serious. Like a "Kami"-type (sp?) character.

Lets not make this a debate over this point; however, I think that taking a could-be homosexual joke as an absolute sign of homosexuality is a wrong assessment.
One of the few times we are going to agree Cantus.