Shows/Movies You Wanna See on DVD

Xerus

Reaction score
I would like to see The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon series on DVD someday.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'd like to see a show I watched in the 70's called "Far-Out Space Nuts", from Sid & Marty Krofft. It starred Chuck McCann and Bob (Gilligan) Denver...a personal favorite.
Now that I would like to see! Anywhere for that matter.:smile:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
There are still a lot of great movies I want to see out on DVD. Until then, I'll continue to hold onto my collection of worn, raggedy VHS tapes.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Tales From the Darkside (the TV Show)
That's one of the few productions involving George Romero that hasn't been DVD'd yet, so of course, its a must. I used to love that show when I was a pre-teen.

Also, we need all of the old 80s Saturday/Sunday morning shows that have yet to be released on DVD, including:
Spiderman and His Amazing Friends
the Incredible Hulk (early 80s)
Dragon's Lair
KIDS Incorporated (for trivia buffs, Fergie from Black Eyed Peas was on there as a very young kid)
"TV Video" or something like that. . .the one with Wolfman Jack where the kids turned into cartoons. . .
My Secret Identity
the others that I don't remember

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There are still a lot of great movies I want to see out on DVD. Until then, I'll continue to hold onto my collection of worn, raggedy VHS tapes.
Yeah, but you have to put out what's most popular, right?

KIDS Incorporated
Love that show! Wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD at all! Perhaps they might be a little trouble with the music rights, though.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I would love to see Dario Argento's 1971 giallo Quattro mosche di velluto grigio (Four Flies on Grey Velvet) get a DVD release. This was the third of Argento's so-called "Animal Trilogy," following The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970) and Cat O'Nine Tails (1971). These two early films from the "Italian Hitchcock" are available with beautiful transfers and sound, as are most of Argento's other works. Flies is one of the few Argento films never officially released (as far as I know) on VHS or DVD anywhere, making it a real rarity. I scored a VHS dub off an online retailer, but the picture and sound are horrible. Some scenes are so dark, you can't tell what's going on.

Paramount currently holds the U.S. distribution rights. That could be one of the reasons why this film is M.I.A. The studio is slow in releasing catalog titles. There are still some Danny Kaye movies sitting in the vaults. Several more Jerry Lewis flicks, such as Visit to a Small Planet, Who's Minding the Store, It's Only Money and Boeing-Boeing. Two Martin & Lewis titles, Three Ring Circus and Money From Home were omitted from the last box set for some reason.

On the plus side, Paramount did release a beautiful, uncut version of Mario Bava's Danger: Diabolik (1967). This is one of the ultimate cult movies, and the disc boasts a colorful transfer, excellent dubbing (different from the VHS version), and a nice collection of extras. Now if only Flies received the same treatment...

In a nutshell, the story is about a rock drummer (Michael Brandon) who accidentally kills a strange man in a struggle. The moment is captured on film by a creepy figure wearing a doll-like mask. Soon the drummer receives strange messages, and people around him suddenly end up dead. Argento's "gimmick" in identifying the killer comes when the drummer learns that the last known image a human sees is imprinted on the retina, just prior to the moment of death. With the latest victim, the police hope to put this theory to the test.

Flies was Argento's third feature as a director, and he wanted it to be his last thriller. His next film, the non-genre Five Days in Milan, was a failure, so the director returned to the suspense/horror genre with the spectacular Deep Red in 1975. Like his two earlier films, Flies was scored by the legendary Ennio Morricone.

Interesting bit of trivia: before Argento cast Michael Brandon in the lead, he sought John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Terence Stamp and Michael York. All turned him down.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Interesting bit of trivia: before Argento cast Michael Brandon in the lead, he sought John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Terence Stamp and Michael York. All turned him down.
Thinking of these potential Beatles (in an Argento film, of all things) raises, to me, the what-if question of how the world would see George Harrison if he had starred in Jodorowski's Holy Mountain. . .

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
And speaking of the Beatles, when are they going to put Help! on DVD?